Texas Hunting Forum

mills county

Posted By: bigbroke12

mills county - 05/23/15 03:59 PM

anyone have experience with land in mills county, specifically north of richland springs up hwy 45...great looking area.

Re: mills county - 05/25/15 02:29 PM

any landowners out there with some info. would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: bassguy

Re: mills county - 05/25/15 03:50 PM

It's a real good area. Has some big (low fence) bucks and a real good population in general. I live north of the Colorado River bridge a few miles. Sending you a PM.

Re: mills county - 05/25/15 07:12 PM

thanks bassguy!
Posted By: DeadRooster

Re: mills county - 05/25/15 11:48 PM

We're a few hundred yards south of the Colorado River off of 45 in San Saba County.

Great deer density, some good quality bucks, lots of turkey and hogs. Saw quite a bit of quail last weekend, too.

Prettiest land in all of Texas, in my opinion.
Posted By: bassguy

Re: mills county - 05/26/15 01:45 AM

DeadRooster I sent you a PM
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: mills county - 05/26/15 12:48 PM

Anyone know what the effect of the wind turbines are on the deer just southeast of Goldthwaite Place I'm looking at has a few on it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: mills county - 05/26/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Anyone know what the effect of the wind turbines are on the deer just southeast of Goldthwaite Place I'm looking at has a few on it.

I have stands in the shadows of at least three mills, and we have no problem. Deer seem to ignore them. I don't know how often the repair guys come through but the additional vehicle traffic doesn't seem to make a difference.

What place are you looking at? Sounds like I could throw a rock from mine to yours. PM me if you like.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: mills county - 05/26/15 05:25 PM

PM sent, thank you.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: mills county - 05/27/15 12:41 AM

Drove thru that area today and it looks good to me. Just say'in
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: mills county - 05/27/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: wilhunt
Drove thru that area today and it looks good to me. Just say'in

I was there this weekend and it does look good. Saw lots of deer; most of the does were still heavy but I thought one or two looked like they had popped. I didn't see any bucks but as muddy as it was we limited our access to only the necessary areas. This may be one of those years that if there is no stock on your place you better DRT, shoot early, or have a dog to find them in the grass!

Re: mills county - 05/27/15 03:18 PM

supposed to be closing on our place out there this week....liking the positive reports and news I'm hearing!
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: mills county - 05/28/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbroke12
supposed to be closing on our place out there this week....liking the positive reports and news I'm hearing!

CONGRATS! What part of the county are you buying in?

Re: mills county - 05/28/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DUKFVR
Originally Posted By: bigbroke12

CONGRATS! What part of the county are you buying in?

Thanks! right about halfway between richland springs and Brownwood, west of 45
Posted By: marced

Re: mills county - 05/28/15 11:08 PM

There are no deer in mills county move along...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum