Texas Hunting Forum

Coleman updates?

Posted By: ijohnston

Coleman updates? - 05/18/15 03:09 PM

I am heading to coleman this weekend and curious if anyone has any updates to how things are looking out there? Is it really wet? Snakes moving? How much is corn running these days?
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/18/15 06:16 PM

REALLY Green & pretty. Since last Sun we have had 6.4 inches at our place. We are just SE of Santa Anna. Some areas north of Coleman have had more rain. Last I bought corn about a month ago I paid 7.00 a sack.

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/19/15 02:37 PM

dukfvr - was that at the shopping basket?
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/19/15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ijohnston
dukfvr - was that at the shopping basket?

No Sir. It was in Early. A little place called WNC.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/19/15 06:26 PM

Higginbothams in Cisco has 50lb bags of corn for $6.99 tax included, or that is what it was 2 weeks ago. Gorman was a little cheaper but not by the time I would have driven there and back for a few bags.

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/21/15 08:07 PM

well I was pulling out of my driveway today and took my first turn and had a big snap pop happen. I broke my steering stabilizer somehow. SOOOOOOO It looks like I will not be able to go until I get that fixed. This might be a sign because the forecast shows bad storms all weekend. Maybe I should wait for another weekend.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/22/15 12:05 AM

So if you would, could you please go by my stand and set it upright for me.

Re: Coleman updates? - 05/27/15 01:18 PM

Ended up having to make a day trip saturday to help dad get his cattle that got onto the neighbors property. Ended up being a decent day. We did not get any rain until right at dark and then again in the early am (sunday). When we left at noon on sunday the weather was perfect.

Top 2 pics are burkett in coleman sunday when we were leaving. The other pic is in callahan co on saturday closet to cottonwood.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum