Texas Hunting Forum

Deerview windows Clear or Grey?

Posted By: Nitro27

Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 04:06 PM

I am building a blind and it is time to decide on windows. Should I go with clear or grey glass in a hinge window?
#1 Does anyone have any pics of grey windows in their blind?
#2 In low light can you see out of a blind with grey windows?
#3 In full Sun can you see into the stand with grey windows.
I would appreciate any comments from someone with personal experience with one of these two products.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ccrock

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 06:02 PM

I did the sliders and can text the pics. Mine are grey and seeing out is not a problem, but neither is seeing in. I have put camo burlap as curtains in my blind.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 06:04 PM

They now offer camo windows too.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 06:48 PM

I had the hinged clear windows on a blind about 3 years ago. They worked well for me. Of course, being clear, there was no concealment, but they got the job done.
I have never used the camo or grey ones so I can't give any feedback on those
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 07:06 PM

I have a set of the camo ones and recommend them
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/11/15 07:40 PM

scratch i carry a clear window ta me tree stand, hold it infront of me as i scan left & right.. Its a pain in de arse trying ta hold it & choot-em... rofl they make em in cammo ? cheers good ta know... flag
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 01:20 PM

I have the grey and they work great in low light and sunlight. There is no window that will block seeing into the stand except the camo version that will help. Your best bet is to either put dark curtains on the windows at the back of the blind or don't cut any windows in the back of the blind. up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 01:41 PM

Have had great results with the Grey...

Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 01:48 PM

I use clear and like them. However, I am never looking into the sun, so tented windows were never a thought for me. I also do not have any window cut in the back of my blind so the deer cannot see any movement
in the blind.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
I use clear and like them. However, I am never looking into the sun, so tented windows were never a thought for me. I also do not have any window cut in the back of my blind so the deer cannot see any movement
in the blind.

Nice set up T..like those stairs
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 02:42 PM

I use clear windows. If there is any issues with deer silhouetting me or sun then I use a camo material over that window or a window to the off side. I attach the camo material with velcro so I can move it up or down or remove it quickly.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 07:50 PM

Yep, when you get old, as much thought ought to go into building the stairs as the blind itself.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 07:56 PM

Yep, when you get old, as much thought ought to go into building the stairs as the blind itself.

Isn't that the truth! Got me some steel steps and a landing and mine is only 4 ft off the ground.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deerview windows Clear or Grey? - 05/13/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1

Isn't that the truth! Got me some steel steps and a landing and mine is only 4 ft off the ground.

And a hand rail. I have three of blinds only 4-5' off the ground and have a steps like that on each one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum