Texas Hunting Forum

11ft gator illegally killed

Posted By: tannerlst

11ft gator illegally killed - 05/09/15 04:14 AM

Saw this guys original post bragging on Facebook
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/2901974...alligator-death
Posted By: Espy

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/09/15 04:52 AM

That happened a lil south of where I live.The gators been there a while.said they caught it while cat fishing the dummies just should of cut the line.
Posted By: Region6

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/10/15 01:14 AM

I caught one on a Zara spook. it was 5 ft long and put up one hell of a fight. I let it go. Used big pliers to remove hooks
Posted By: rifleman

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/10/15 02:54 PM

Don't net one...they'll shred it.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/10/15 07:24 PM

that sucks, always enjoyed watching them upriver
Posted By: sallysue

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/10/15 11:07 PM

I saw them up there years ago
Posted By: passthru

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/10/15 11:38 PM

I don't have any reason to have them around. Especially that size. Early teal is scary enough with a dog from a snake pov much less a huge gator like that.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 02:35 PM

I have no tolerance for any and all forms of poaching. You can argue whether or not you want them there, can't argue these guys broke the law.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TxAg
I have no tolerance for any and all forms of poaching. You can argue whether or not you want them there, can't argue these guys broke the law.

Agreed, poaching is just like lying and stealing. Your either honest and your word means something or it dosen't!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 02:59 PM

Sucks... people like this will ruin the open season for the ones following the rules.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 03:22 PM

I got to see that gator up close and personal. I was at my taxi picking up a mount when the GW brought it in to get the head mounted. I've never been up close to a gator (other than at a zoo) but that thing was a monster!

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 03:36 PM

I don't know all of the circumstances on this one but I call bs on this statement. I would bet you break laws on a regular basis. Maybe only traffic laws but it's easy to justify fuzzing up the line when you are in a situation.

I will have to disagree with you on this one. If it were a deer out of season or on someone else property I would see it different. Some things just aren't right to have to deal with. Like the "reintroduction" of wolves. Devastating deer and elk herds, killing hundreds of domestic livestock and costing tax payers millions and for what? Some political bs bunny huggers. Same with the gators. If it was in a place where I hunt I would want it dead. Were they stupid to put it on social media? Yep. But just like all the SSS threads you see on here about stray and feral dogs, sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.
Posted By: taco bender

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 05:56 PM

you big dummies!
Posted By: dredd

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/11/15 10:35 PM

It's amazing what one can learn just by cruising through a topic.
Simply amazing.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/12/15 01:12 AM

I know property owners there....they have been watchin that gator grow up for years....those nimrods need more that a Class-A misdemeanor! Jackarses!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/12/15 06:27 AM

popcorn
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/12/15 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ZK-315
I got to see that gator up close and personal. I was at my taxi picking up a mount when the GW brought it in to get the head mounted. I've never been up close to a gator (other than at a zoo) but that thing was a monster!

Which taxidermist?
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/12/15 05:05 PM

Miller's in Belton
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/13/15 03:56 AM

Caught one this weekend on a trotline at a public lake, guess there is a first time for everything! He was hooked on the edge of the mouth, so i took my gaff and jerked the hook and it came loose. I've been thinking about setting a line for one on a friends land. They have several good sized ones on his private lake. The lake is choked in with trees and brush, so may have to spray and make a trail first. Its a noncore county, so its pretty simple to harvest one. Just cant make up my mind if i want to fight making that trail, as the place has no cows on it, so its extremely thick around it.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 03:52 AM

To anybody that doesn't have a problem with this:

You do not get to decide which laws are worth following. If you break a law, whether you agree with it or not, you are a lawbreaker and subject to the proper punishment.

You can't say "well if it was a deer out of season" or "if they were trespassing." It doesn't work like that. Laws are laws.
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru

I don't know all of the circumstances on this one but I call bs on this statement. I would bet you break laws on a regular basis. Maybe only traffic laws but it's easy to justify fuzzing up the line when you are in a situation.

I will have to disagree with you on this one. If it were a deer out of season or on someone else property I would see it different. Some things just aren't right to have to deal with. Like the "reintroduction" of wolves. Devastating deer and elk herds, killing hundreds of domestic livestock and costing tax payers millions and for what? Some political bs bunny huggers. Same with the gators. If it was in a place where I hunt I would want it dead. Were they stupid to put it on social media? Yep. But just like all the SSS threads you see on here about stray and feral dogs, sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.

It's illegal period. No fudging room. Illegal. hanged
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: rattler03

You do not get to decide which laws are worth following. If you break a law, whether you agree with it or not, you are a lawbreaker and subject to the proper punishment.

You can't say "well if it was a deer out of season" or "if they were trespassing." It doesn't work like that. Laws are laws.

You obviously do not understand the reach of federal statues. If you do not think you are breaking laws everyday, then you either naive or well..... Read Three Felonies a Day and get back to me.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: bobsumner
Originally Posted By: rattler03

You obviously do not understand the reach of federal statues. If you do not think you are breaking laws everyday, then you either naive or well..... Read Three Felonies a Day and get back to me.

Now that's funny rofl How long is your rap sheet. popcorn

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 03:19 PM

Yes it was illegal. Not debating that. Just said I'm not unhappy the thing is dead.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SheepHunter

Not really funny, sad in reality, but you are oblivious to the facts as they exist today. Beriya said "Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime." That is what the US has become.

As for me, going through and extended FBI background check now, that I fully expect to pass. I however have no delusions on what the govt criminalize. You obviously live in a vacuum.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 06:55 PM

Not really funny, sad in reality, but you are oblivious to the facts as they exist today. Beriya said "Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime." That is what the US has become.

As for me, going through and extended FBI background check now, that I fully expect to pass. I however have no delusions on what the govt criminalize. You obviously live in a vacuum.

Wow! we went from an illegally poach alligator to Lavrenti Beria, Stalin’s notorious secret police chief, who once said, “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.”

If you pass the extended FBI background check, "which you fully expect", then your assumptions will be proven wrong.
If you fail it's the governments fault wink

I guess I live in a vacuum of American Freedom or maybe I'm just a law abiding citizen. flag
Posted By: PMK

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 08:43 PM

sheephunter, just curious about your statement about "If you pass the extended FBI background check, "which you fully expect", then your assumptions will be proven wrong. If you fail it's the governments fault"

why would his assumption be wrong if he PASSES?
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 09:37 PM

Back on the gators. I had one that would swim up to me at one of my wells on stryker creek. It was over 13 ft long and had one eye. It wanted to be fed. It liked cheap cherry pies and various snacks. It would slide in the creek and swim right up to me on the bank. kinda intimidating. I heard someone killed it illegally too. It came up missing. cyclo

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/15/15 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
sheephunter, just curious about your statement about "If you pass the extended FBI background check, "which you fully expect", then your assumptions will be proven wrong. If you fail it's the governments fault"

Correct, I see we have a critical thinker in this thread.

I know of multiple felonies for which I have not been prosecuted. That was the point. If the Feds want to charge you with something, chances are they can find something to charge you with and win. Look at the win perecentages of AUSA's and how they accomplish those wins.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/16/15 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: PMK

If .... "that is what the US has become"..... then how could any of us pass an FBI background check.

I'll let you all have the last word.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/16/15 02:25 PM

I'll let you all have the last word.

I think my last post sums it nicely. When required or desired, the AUSA can find you where you have broken the law. The arrogance of people to say follow the law is laughable when there is no humanly possible way to know the laws because of sheer lunacy and volume. Hey, don't worry, I am sure you are OK.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/17/15 05:14 AM

I know both these fools. Deployed 2 times with one of them and he is currently in my Battalion. He was also on my softball team last year. This isn't the first time he has done something stupid and got caught and he is currently being kicked out the Army for other reasons.

Re: 11ft gator illegally killed - 05/17/15 08:07 PM

Can he play ball well?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum