Texas Hunting Forum

Rattlers out and Active

Posted By: texaspirate

Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 04:21 PM

Out looking around, filling feeders and just walking the ranch. Came across two very significant rattlers out near Medina TX. my friends on the lease claim they have never seen one. Im here to tell you Ive seen two... moving swiftly but unmistakable I was driving in the bobcat when I nearly ran one of them over... I saw his head from about 2 feet away... as he scurried by. Fortunately wearing my boots... snakes were moving away in both cases and I couldn't get a shot off safely.

Watch out... and wear your snake boots.
Posted By: janie

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 04:31 PM

All the recent rains have them on the move in our area as well. Spent Saturday at our lease, and snake boots stayed on. Weekend before, there were 3 cottonmouth's inside the barn.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 05:50 PM

SNAKE BOOTS are my friend
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch
SNAKE BOOTS are my friend

i like my moccoson they look cool with my Kentucky .45 flag
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 06:43 PM

Walked up on a big, healthy rat snake this weekend out in Eastland. Gave me an opportunity to show my nephew what a good snake was. *knocks on wood* no rattlers yet, but the grass is high, no telling what we might have passed by.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
there were 3 cottonmouth's inside the barn.

Only possible solution:

Posted By: rbw1

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 09:05 PM

Gotta watch those stumptailed rattle moccasins bolt
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/04/15 11:04 PM

I like quitshootin's approach. clap
Posted By: 10pointdoe

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/05/15 01:26 AM

shot a green snake near the ranch gate. told my mother I shot a python. she said I didn't know texas had pythons. I replied, well that's what it looked like to me. I hate snakes.
Posted By: RDNCK

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/16/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 10pointdoe
shot a green snake near the ranch gate. told my mother I shot a python. she said I didn't know texas had pythons. I replied, well that's what it looked like to me. I hate snakes.

Right there with you, I'm the same way
Posted By: n-all

Re: Rattlers out and Active - 05/20/15 01:03 AM

I went fishin sat..I have never seen that many snakes at my fishing hole..everywhere I went..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum