Texas Hunting Forum

Going stir-crazy

Posted By: JohnRussell

Going stir-crazy - 04/20/15 01:55 PM

I went to the ranch this weekend. Went the weekend before that.

Now, I am sitting here wishing I was there still .lol

I know, not "hunting" related.. BUT.. I saw two really nice mouflon rams!
There! Tied it into hunting!

R
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/20/15 02:47 PM

scratch as pappy once said: Sell ya a hog hunt on my slumber yard. Charge by the boared foot ... rofl i got cheap posts. flag

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/20/15 06:01 PM

yea, just been one of those days. I usually get this way on a Monday after spending time at the ranch.. heh

Now I am just contemplating the next project out there.

R
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/20/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnRussell
I went to the ranch this weekend. Went the weekend before that.

Now, I am sitting here wishing I was there still .lol

I know, not "hunting" related.. BUT.. I saw two really nice mouflon rams!
There! Tied it into hunting!

R

I went too and wish I was still there. Due to the rain, my projects got messed up, and I didn't get to fire a single round from my new rifle. And to top that off, I have a Browning Buckmark that I've only shot about 80 times, and I missed a jack rabbit with it 5 times at 10-15 yards. sick

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 03:37 PM

I spent like 1500 bucks on a new rifle and a night vision scope and have yet to fire the damn thing.. lol

Last two times I went to the ranch I did not even take a rifle. Wish I had last weekend.. saw 2 nice mouflon rams. Would have taken one.

R
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 03:43 PM

Russ,

How much rain did yall get in Rocksprings this past Friday and Saturday? I rented a 5' circular rock saw to trench water, electrical, and sewer to the mobile home I purchased for our place, and we ended up getting about 3.5" on Friday and Saturday. Talk about a mess. We left early Saturday instead of Sunday because I didn't want to tear the place up.

Matt

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 03:57 PM

I am not sure how much it was but we got an extra 500-600 gallons in the main tank so it was a lot. Then it all blew over about 9am and was beautiful!

R
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 04:00 PM

Don't even bother taking my slinger pistal with whin cheeking cam's or pudding corn in feedrrs. It don't even pay ta go sit an wait for a hog ta show up. Been trying ta get video of laser-tag hog hunt. cheers Deer tracks seen around minneral blocks... Rain sure has helped here. Hopen ta get some pic's on cam's of doe & fawns. Best wishes. As papy once said: don't mind being called crazy, just dont call me lazy ... flag
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 05:18 PM

Well I'm stuck in Dallas for a couple of days thinking about hunting, so that qualifies for the open hunting section.

Re: Going stir-crazy - 04/22/15 06:20 PM

lol.. I am at work and wishing I was at the ranch sitting in a dang stand slee.. er.. hunting! wink

Russ
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum