Texas Hunting Forum

Trail Camera????

Posted By: B G

Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 01:37 AM

I want to view my trail cam photos on an old Kodak easy share digital camera but it wants to format the SD card when I put it in. Can I format the SD card on my computer, still get photos with the trail cam and view them on the digital camera or will this cause the card to "lock" and have to be reformatted?

Anyone that has experience with this I would appreciate the help. I use Wildgame Innovations cams and just got a new Stealth Cam G30. Will be using 8G SD cards.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 02:38 AM

Got Moultrie cam's & use my old Canon camera & laptop to view pic's. If use SD card in new Canon pic's show up in different format on laptop. SD card use in all three. Not sure if this helps. Still have trouble with this android, half pic's on form nothen but blue squares with ? mark. flag
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 03:38 AM

My old Sanyo small digital camera will only read SD cards up to 2G. I tried to use it on larger SD cards and it would not read or support them. Also you can not use some off brand SD cards in some TC cameras. They will not work. I know put all my TC pics onto my desktop and then erase or format the SD card on my computer. Some TC can format cards also.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 05:01 AM

I bought this tablet that I use to view my pictures in the field. You can pull the SD card out the camera and view or you can connect the USB cable and copy them over. It's a bigger screen than a tiny camera and the resolution is better. For $50 it works well.

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 07:23 AM

Thanks guys. The more I look the more I like this...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WHV3I0/ref=...=I2VNCPEQV4NBY3

I always have my iphone anyway and this won't take up much space.
Posted By: Western

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
My old Sanyo small digital camera will only read SD cards up to 2G. I tried to use it on larger SD cards and it would not read or support them. Also you can not use some off brand SD cards in some TC cameras. They will not work. I know put all my TC pics onto my desktop and then erase or format the SD card on my computer. Some TC can format cards also.

Same here, even though my Browning strike force will format them, I strictly use my laptop at the house. I have a pair of SD cards for each TC and swap them out every so often.
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: B G

According to the link it "Works with iPad products only Not compatible with iPhone or iPod".

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Same here, even though my Browning strike force will format them, I strictly use my laptop at the house. I have a pair of SD cards for each TC and swap them out every so often.

scratch Not as high-tech as others on here, rofl still dueling with android. Dang Gov. still spying on me. Think the key word is format . Use cheap Moultrie game cam's, & use several different SD cards with no problems. Some trail cam's suggest only sertain type SD cards. Things are getting more & more high-tech, look at changes in phones, computers & such, & its reached hunting industry. Still use old school here, checking tracks, & such. Some times batteries run down. Best wishes. Edit: 4 cam's 5 cards, check one cam a day, rotating. flag
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 01:32 PM

I bought a Moultrie view finder, for around 60 bucks. Lets you view the pics on the card right there in the field. It also has another slot for another card so you can copy any pic to that card. Once I go thru the card and keep the ones I want, you can delete all the pics and put the clean card back in your camera.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 01:51 PM

I think STX and Western are correct..
I keep a old laptop in my RV to view them...
You might stop by a Camera Shop if there still around but doubt it will work...Good Luck
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/19/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Whiptail

According to the link it "Works with iPad products only Not compatible with iPhone or iPod".

This is correct. It may work with a 4, but I know for a fact it does not work with an iPhone 5. Disappointing.

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/22/15 07:29 PM

I ended up ordering a Kingston Digital 5 in 1 Mobile Companion. After looking at the reviews it looked like the best bet and I can use my iPhone or Kindle Fire to view the photos.
Posted By: Night Hunting TV

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/22/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: Whiptail

This is correct. It may work with a 4, but I know for a fact it does not work with an iPhone 5. Disappointing.

And I believe if you update your device like everyone else it wont work either. I want to say I read it didn't work on IOS 8.0 or higher. If anyone else is thinking its their savior research on the apple store reviews first.

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/23/15 02:40 AM

Got the Kingston in and tested it. It works like a charm. No need to format the sd cards, can transfer photos to a connected flash drive and delete photos off the ad card all from my iPhone. I can even store movies on a flash drive and stream them to the phone without any issue. Really liking this device.

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/24/15 03:30 PM

Trail cam's have really gone HT... Don't have ta walk ta cam & switch SD cards, less scent left... Awsome flag
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/24/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
I bought a Moultrie view finder, for around 60 bucks. Lets you view the pics on the card right there in the field. It also has another slot for another card so you can copy any pic to that card. Once I go thru the card and keep the ones I want, you can delete all the pics and put the clean card back in your camera.

Mine quit working after about 18 months. Did enjoy it while it did work though.
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/24/15 05:16 PM

I don't think that works with an iPod or iPhone - only the iPad, as folks have said. But I could be wrong. But a cheap and/or used tablet works even better and gives you a much larger viewing screen - and you can use it for other stuff. I got a cheap ASUS with wifi and keyboard for about $100

Re: Trail Camera???? - 04/25/15 08:15 AM

Here is what I ended up getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-C...ywords=Kingston

Works great on the iPhone but the app on the Kindle is lacking and doesn't seem to work right.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum