Texas Hunting Forum

Lease Fever

Posted By: sethcros

Lease Fever - 04/13/15 12:45 PM

Hey guys, so I just hit my one year anniversary from when I started hunting, and I am hooked. I just got on my first lease this past week, and 13 year old (step)son and I went don't this past weekend to do some recon, and figure out stand placement and whatnot. He's been hunting with his father for most of his life, so he helps me out a lot. (I really like the role reversal). Now, though, it's all I can think about! All day long! Where should I put a food plot, when can I get back out there. Over and over! Aaaaaaaah.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 12:48 PM

Congrats on the lease! Enjoy your time with your step son
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 12:49 PM

cheers Congrats

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 12:51 PM

Thanks guys. Unfortunately my wife has experience being married to a hunter, so she KNOWS how much cash I have to spend on this thing. There's no way for me to pad the books... lol
Posted By: Western

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 01:04 PM

up She also knows it's probably better than you hanging out at the bar too (unless you do that too!) grin Get her into it with you 2 and skies the limit up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Congrats

Good Luck Sir and Great Attitude up

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 01:07 PM

She's definitely excited by it as well. She probably has more bullets through a rifle than I do. She is already planning camping trips in the offseason. We have two boys, 11 and 13, and they are both into it. My 13 year old is planning what to plant for food plots, and researching costs, and looking at blind designs. My 11 year, eh, I mean he'll hunt, but it isn't his favorite thing in the world.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Lease Fever - 04/13/15 11:04 PM

Congrats on the lease.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Lease Fever - 04/14/15 12:07 AM

Congrats on the lease, sounds like y'all will have a ton of fun out there as a family
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Lease Fever - 04/14/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Congrats

Sounds like you have the fever. I wish your family great hunting times ahead. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum