Texas Hunting Forum

Raw Fed Dogs

Posted By: nhambrick

Raw Fed Dogs - 04/06/15 11:40 PM

Texas hunters,

Does anyone have suggestions on meat processors to partner with in order to get good deals on raw meat/organ/bones of any type of animal? Not even limited to meat processors--anyone who has extra meat, or just hunts for sport and would be willing to partner? I'm part of a Dallas raw fed coop but live in the Corsicana area.

Thanks
Posted By: passthru

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/09/15 03:17 AM

Find some of them fella's who shoot hogs from choppers.
Posted By: B_Bop77

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/10/15 02:26 PM

Raw swine is a bad idea. Research "swine brucellosis in dogs" and pseudorabies. Wish I could afford to feed my dobies a raw diet.
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/11/15 01:03 AM

Feeding hog meat is fine. I freeze it for a few days first though. I have fed 5-12 dogs on raw for the past eight years. On average I go through 425 pounds of chicken a month. Your best place for meat is Walmart. 59 cents a pound for chicken. Chicken backs and necks are cheaper but will not provide the meat content they need.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/11/15 01:46 AM

Nothing wrong with feeding raw pork, been at it for a while now and no sick dogs or zombies. There is a higher risk of them eating something bad for them from a sack vs raw any day. A lot of folks will never understand that.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/12/15 10:18 PM

RAW is the best guarantee against vet visits. It's a shame that the majority of pet owners don't care about the health and feed their pets crap.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/14/15 01:17 AM

So what are you feeding you dog that's raw? Never heard of this
Posted By: btp

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/14/15 06:22 PM

Raw is all we feed our dogs. We just buy case lots from meat wholesale outfits in Houston. We have 3 freezers to accommodate (only two dogs). It's nice because the only parts on a deer we don't keep now is the head and, stomach, bladder, and gall bladder. Everything else gets tanned or eaten. If you're in Houston, send me a PM and I'll send you some more info.
Posted By: MMTX

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/15/15 03:09 AM

Try texastripe.com. I think
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/15/15 03:02 PM

Texas tripe is very high on their prices.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Raw Fed Dogs - 04/15/15 06:32 PM

I used to feed our cat raw chicken necks once a week. Kept her teeth clean.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum