Texas Hunting Forum

alligator leather into gun case??

Posted By: woodduckhunter

alligator leather into gun case?? - 04/06/15 12:05 AM

I have a alligator hide that I will be sending off to get tanned and I am looking for someone(preferably local) to make a soft shotgun case, shell pouch, and possibly some other things out of some other hides. Does anyone know of anyone in the Houston south east texas are that is experienced with this kind of work?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: alligator leather into gun case?? - 04/06/15 05:42 AM

I would check with a saddle maker or a boot maker. Boot maker would be my first choice he should be able to fix you up.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: alligator leather into gun case?? - 04/06/15 02:03 PM

Contact ak_dan71@yahoo.com (doublecexotics on here). He is a artist with a leather canvas. I have one of his rifle slings that I plan to frame instead of putting it on my deer rifle.
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: alligator leather into gun case?? - 04/06/15 04:31 PM

Good question, I actually just got my alligator back from American Tanning and leather last week. I have almost nine feet of nicotine gator leather. I am having a pair of boots made but figured I would have enough scraps for a rifle sling and wallet and hopefully a knife sheath. I know who I am using for my boots but need info as well on the rest of my wish list. I am anxious to see the contacts put up here.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: alligator leather into gun case?? - 04/08/15 02:02 AM

Post pics once completed, it will be awesome.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum