Texas Hunting Forum

When do you wear snake boots?

Posted By: png

When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 04:33 PM

Do you wear snake boots all year round when out hunting? Particularly when you are night hunting?

My hunting place is in south East Texas with one feeder on pipeline cleaning. There is always water to walk or trudge through and I have been using my rain boots from October to March.

Now with warm weather and I saw snakes on the road already, maybe it's time for nake boots.

Thanks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 04:35 PM

Don't wear them anymore. Used to wear them 365 days a year back when I was managing a ranch in La Salle County.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 04:36 PM

The minute I hit the first bump gate till I leave
Not worth it
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Not worth it

Pretty much this! Find a good COMFORTABLE pair of snake boots, and wear them. Too much to risk these days. It has to be VERY cold for me to switch to something else.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 04:53 PM

I never wear them. Comfortable shoes are the name of the game for me, and I'm not particularly scared of snakes.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:04 PM

X2 - just not worth the risk. I use the 17" high boots.
Posted By: passthru

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:07 PM

Yeah. Well dawaba I'm not particularly scared of anything. Snakes, people, death. But I try to be smart and when I'm in snake country walking in tall grass I wear my boots. They help with cactus as well. You may go your whole life without getting snakebit. But it only takes one to mess you up and cost you a whole lot more than a pair of boots. And I hear tell a snake bite isn't all that comfortable as well.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:16 PM

Ive been bit 3 times by 3 different poisonous snakes. I wear them when the temp is above 65 degrees. Especially March 1 through November 1. And don't think they cant bite through a rubber boot/blue jean/sock all together because they've done it to me. I even had one bite through an old wore out pair of snake boots around the ankle while walking in tall grass. I have stepped on at least 5 more that couldn't get around on me and bite me. These were cotton mouths and copper heads. They don't like to make noise, and they just sit there, sometimes shaking there tail against the ground. If they are in dry leaves you can hear the tail slapping the ground or the scales moving through the leaves. The 2 other times I got bit were at night. East Texas is loaded with cotton mouths, copper heads, and some rattle snakes. The rattle snake being the deadliest. Nov, Dec,Jan, and Feb are pretty much snake free, but I have seen them in Feb and Nov. If you like yourself enough to live you might want to slip some snake protection on. Put ice on bite as soon as possible to slow down poison travel. up

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:23 PM

Did you know that the guy that got killed by the stingray and used to tackle crocs in Australia said that the cotton mouth was the only snake that worried him the most because when its pissed off it always has its mouth open and its hard to tell when its actually going to make a move. up

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:24 PM

I have killed rattlesnakes a couple of days after snowfall in December. Killed 2 in South Texas 2 days after a 4" snow with 24 degree morning low day before and another one in West Texas 5 days after a 12" snow with some snow still on the ground in shade.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:28 PM

killed 5 copperheads in the last week or so
Posted By: Navasot

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:28 PM

not much to worry about with them though if you were boots.. having little man running around worrys me most
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:35 PM

I wear boots, but not snake boots. Too high and hot for my liking. I don't go anywhere in Texas in the outdoors without looking where I'm going to be stepping before I do. I always see snakes before I get within striking distance of them. Everywhere I've hunted will stick you if your not looking ahead before you go there.
Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:43 PM

Never. It's not uncommon for me to wear flip flops while dove hunting. I just pay a little extra attention where I'm putting my feet.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:54 PM

I wear snake boots year round. I don't want to take the chance

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 05:59 PM

I know a gal that was bow hunting down south. She and her husband took their bumper pull camper down there. one night she was in camp in her camper and decided to step outside. Thankfully she grabbed a flash light even though there was a street light. There was a 5 ft rattler sitting at the base of her steps not making a sound. She said that she would of stepped right on top of it if she didn't use her light, because it was mostly under the bottom step curled up. When you start getting to sure of yourself or have been out in the back woods a whole [censored] load and get tired of looking for them, that's when youll get bit. Its only a matter of time. Where I live the ground foliage is thick and you want get anywhere staring at the ground while trying to get to your destination. I also wear out lots of boots walking in the woods and while Im there I look for snakes, just been there a million times. up
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 06:16 PM

I wear mine usually from March to Nov, or if the highs are above 60 degrees. I haven't worn them yet from Nov to Jan. That being said, I had a GW in camp this past season. While visiting with him, he told us to watch out for rattlers. The night before he was working his way into a camp, "lights out" on foot after dark, temps in the 40's and he just happened to get lucky and be forewarned of what was a few steps ahead of him. He flipped on his flashlight and saw a good size rattler coiled up right in the path he was taking. As most have said, these guys are unpredictable. I personally am ok rolling the dice if its really cold out because I am walking on well worn paths or roads. If I were going through tall grass and down timber, I'd probably rethink wearing the gaiters.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 07:01 PM

Most of the rattlers we saw last year were crossing the path/roads. In February, one of my buds was in South Texas hunting. He killed 5 just driving the roads.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 07:04 PM

4 of the 5 rattlers we saw last year were crossing the path/roads. In February, one of my buds was in South Texas hunting. He killed 5 in one day just driving the roads.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 07:11 PM

Not worth it

Yup. H&K USP .40 and my Chippewa's are mandatory companions out there.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Don't wear them anymore. Used to wear them 365 days a year back when I was managing a ranch in La Salle County.

You did not mention why you stopped wearing them....?

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 08:12 PM

Im gathering that diamond back rattlers must be shallow hybernaters, because of all the colder weather movement. If we see a timber rattler in East Texas its normally when things green up and get warm. Ive only seen 5 compared to thousands of copper heads and cotton mouths. eek
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: png
Do you wear snake boots all year round when out hunting? Particularly when you are night hunting?

My hunting place is in south East Texas with one feeder on pipeline cleaning. There is always water to walk or trudge through and I have been using my rain boots from October to March.

Now with warm weather and I saw snakes on the road already, maybe it's time for nake boots.

Thanks.

Never wear them and I've been hit 4 times, not once would snake boots have kept me from getting hit.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 10:23 PM

I did get bit once on the knee in the dark wearing shorts and tennis shoes fishing in the bottoms. walking

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Im gathering that diamond back rattlers must be shallow hybernaters, because of all the colder weather movement. If we see a timber rattler in East Texas its normally when things green up and get warm. Ive only seen 5 compared to thousands of copper heads and cotton mouths. eek

They den in numbers and usually the den is facing south or southeast which mean in the sun and out of the wind. As far as depth I can't tell you but the bite I received to the right shoulder happen when I was about 10 ft into a very wide entrance den.
Posted By: janie

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 10:36 PM

Not worth it

^

This. Mine stay on the entire time. I can bounce back from sweaty, stinky feet faster then I can a snake bite.
Posted By: Western

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/01/15 11:28 PM

I have a pair,,somewhere. Wore them in West Texas when I knew I was in rattler country, or at least higher odds than here.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 12:01 AM

i wear Depends !!! flag
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
i wear Depends !!! flag

rofl
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 12:42 AM

I walk third in line. walking walking taz
Posted By: crosshare

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 12:56 AM

No snake boots but I do have life insurance! Might as well go out doing sometime I like than being hit by a car or something.
Posted By: tlk

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 01:10 AM

I know guy who wore flip flops at his house and went outside at night to turn sprinkler off and got nailed - so moral is ? Wear them in your house, outside your house, and while sleeping

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: tlk
I know guy who wore flip flops at his house and went outside at night to turn sprinkler off and got nailed - so moral is ? Wear them in your house, outside your house, and while sleeping

roflmao

We have more Copperheads here and bugs at the ranch...wont lie I am more nervous checking the mail sometimes bang
Posted By: Freeman

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 01:42 AM

never, but I'm always looking.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 02:15 AM

Wear my snake boots when we go dancing, sometimes my Ostrich or Honey Elephant, but mostly the snake. smile

Seriously, I don't wear snake 'proof' boots here in Deep East Texas, but I do... when I go to South Texas (too many big diamondbacks).

Where I live the most prevalent venomous snake is the Copperhead. You're pretty safe from them in just a pair of work boots.

We DO have some Cottonmouths around here that might penetrate work boots, but most that I have encountered were fairly small.

The timber/canebrake rattler exists here...but is rare. The only other venomous snake (here) is the Coral Snake (not a threat to anything but flip-flops).
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 02:18 AM

Outside of deer season I am always wearing them. A couple have suggested they may not help - the flip side is they certainly won't hurt.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 02:55 AM

They work, but when tathered they can break down around the ankles and the material can get soft and snakey. The main issue that I have with snake boots or any other boot that I walk 100s of miles in is that the damned inside liner around the heal always wears a hole and then they rub my heals and are a mother to take off, because they hang up on my heal. I will not buy a lace up pair they are hotter than hell and there is enough laces to fly a kite. When Im hot, tired, and sweaty the last thing I want to do is wrangle some boots off my feet. Usually requires a good person pulling on the other end, and a metal rod down the inside of the heal trying to release the torn liner that is hung up on my heal. That sucks. eek

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 03:01 AM

That's a pair I still wear but the liner is all messed up. theyre rockys, The bottoms may not fall off of these. Youd think if you spent 150 dollars that a boot wouldn't fall apart. wrong. I cant find a boot that will make it through a season without some kind of issue. Weather its snake boots, hiking, water boots, hunting boots or just shoes.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 03:28 AM

Thanks guys.

Being afraid of snakes, I will start to wear my boots to work to break them in.

I will also be extra careful out in the woods and have accessible ice.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 11:23 AM

I've owned a place with snakes for years. I've never worn them and don't know any neighbors who do.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 11:57 AM

They work, but when tathered they can break down around the ankles and the material can get soft and snakey. The main issue that I have with snake boots or any other boot that I walk 100s of miles in is that the damned inside liner around the heal always wears a hole and then they rub my heals and are a mother to take off, because they hang up on my heal. I will not buy a lace up pair they are hotter than hell and there is enough laces to fly a kite. When Im hot, tired, and sweaty the last thing I want to do is wrangle some boots off my feet. Usually requires a good person pulling on the other end, and a metal rod down the inside of the heal trying to release the torn liner that is hung up on my heal. That sucks. eek

The hit I took in my left leg would have been about 8 to 10 inches above the top of that boot.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 12:00 PM

Never. Hike/Bike everywhere see snakes all the time. I pay attention to my feet are placed, and where I plant my [censored].

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 01:56 PM

I bought some of the Twisted X and really like them - they reach right below my knees and are very comfortable
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 02:10 PM

Never. Grew up around them and they have never bothered me. Only killed one in my life and it was between me, my 5 yr old and the Kawasaki Mule. I usually just pick them up and move them out of the way.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 02:55 PM

i am going to start next weekend...tuesday morning i was trying to get some feed across the creek since my feeder has been empty since we had all the rain. the water is almost knee high still, my water boots are barely tall enough.

before i started carrying the feed across i got halfway across with my 4yo son and hear something on the other side of the bank, about 5-6ft away. its a SLITHERING SNAKE, slithering down the bank and into the water coming right at us...OH S^%T i yell as i flop/run/splash back onto the bank on the other side, throwing logan up as far as i could and yelling at him to GO.

after i climb up with him, both my boots are full of water and i'm covered in mud, i ask if he wants to go home or go ahead and cross the creek, we went home.

i will be snake booted and childless next time i go.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 04:03 PM

Ive had a few pairs of the other style of rocky snake boots that fell apart. When they do, I just cut the bottom portion of the boot off and use them like gators. You can slip them on and get a pair of thick leather low top boots and put on under the left overs. I had a pair of the rockys actually start cracking like an old dry rotted tire after one season of use. I took that pair back and traded them for another pair just like them. I often wonder if the boot makers are just trying to make a sell or do they really think that we are going to walk long distances in them at all. They would last me a lot longer if I owned an ATV, but I don't. On a positive note, A couple of my friends have been bit on the boot by poisonous snakes with no penetration. up If I have I didn't know it. Ive actually popped several baby poisonous snakes when I accidently stepped on them. Their skin is real thin, so when you step on them they will pop. smile

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 04:57 PM

Our Rocky snake boots soles seem to continually come loose. I have a local shoe repair shop that glues them back for me for $7.50 a pair. That's an unbelievable low cost when the next nearest cost is 40$ a pair.

My daughter and I purchased Chippewa's last fall and we're happy with them.
Posted By: KG68

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 06:00 PM

I wear boots every day but have never owned a pair of snake boots. Guess I'm lucky but have never been hit by a poisonous snake even though I hunted rattlesnakes for over twenty years.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/02/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: dawaba
I never wear them. Comfortable shoes are the name of the game for me, and I'm not particularly scared of snakes.
Used to have the same attitude until we had a 5.5' healthy diamonback cross the trail a couple feet in front of us on the way back from the pond. We must have walked right past it on the 45 minutes before. I trail run at least 5 days a week and will see up to 20 copperheads a year, they do not bother me as I am on high alert and they are predictable when we find them.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 12:55 AM

2.5 yrs in this batch...IIRC there are 97 that I saved the rattles off of in that pile. I lived 34.5 miles from a town and 63 miles from the closest hospital.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 01:01 AM

Nice collection up

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 02:12 AM

That's a load of them STX up

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 02:42 AM

flush mocuson down at de creek today, while checking cam's. rofl found out me duck tape on me tennishoes got a leak. bang Forgot ta wear me depends, can still hear de scrrams whin the wind switches, some say its a panther. Heck with de boots,, tomorrow wearen me slinger i let my spurs a jingle-jingle-jangle. last time got suprised. Jumped straight up in de air, drew, fired 5rounds before me feet hit de ground, still had all 5toes. flag
Posted By: 10ring

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 03:08 AM

Never owned a pair or even tried any on for that matter... lucky so far.
Posted By: Geezer Ranger

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 03:16 AM

Never owned a pair as they seemed too stiff for me and were uncomfortable to wear any length of time. I did buy a pair of snake chaps a few years back and keep them in the truck all the time. They are easy to wear and not nearly as expensive.
Posted By: nak

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 05:54 AM

I wear either gators or snake boots the vast majority of the time I am out...been know to wear them with shorts when dove hunting. Definitely at night. I'll consider not wearing them when the temps are low enough that I am putting on long-johns and insulated coveralls.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 02:56 PM

I used to wear chaps. I've always looked at the ground before I stepped anyplace, looking for arrowheads. I will not walk through tall grass if I don't absolutely have to.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 04:59 PM

Did you know that the guy that got killed by the stingray and used to tackle crocs in Australia said that the cotton mouth was the only snake that worried him the most because when its pissed off it always has its mouth open and its hard to tell when its actually going to make a move. up

scratch choot. One time, in a land far far away. Seen ol boy, wraped in turbine wearn notten but poormans depends, kiss one of em dar snakes in de pic on de top of its head. muyloco turned out he used protection, yagh, chaps comes in a little round tube. flag
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/03/15 05:08 PM

Unless it's really cold, I wear my snake boots all the time now. I used to never wear them, was taught to watch where I'm stepping. That worked fine until I started pig doggin', kind of hard to watch where you're stepping when you are running/chasing dogs - especially at night. Almost stepped on a rattler one night creeping in with night vision. Figured I better start wearing them before I get bit. I've gotten used to them now.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/04/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: flintknapper
Wear my snake boots when we go dancing, sometimes my Ostrich or Honey Elephant, but mostly the snake.

rofl cheers got a pair of moccusons, got two left feet so if step on some ones feet, dont hurt as much. flag
Posted By: aerangis

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/04/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: dawaba

+1

The majority of the snakes I've seen people scream about are common water snakes or some other non poisonous variety. The exception was a few spots in West Texas or the Kumyyay Indian reservation.

I flew in to San Diego early one morning, hopped in a rental car and drove to the reservation to do some work at a wind power facility. After exiting the hwy I drove a mile or so on asphalt to a locked gate at the entrance to a dirt road that wound up the mountain. I unlocked the gate, drove thru, and within a short distance, saw rattlers and the occasional gopher snake sunning themselves on the road, on rocks, basically everywhere, without a care in the world, all while driving up that mountain to the facility. I'd been warned by the site manager about the snakes beforehand and told not to kill them. I had to shoo a quite few off the road.
Posted By: MMTX

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/15/15 03:12 AM

Almost never. But I should. I have them.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/16/15 03:28 AM

I don't wear them. I prefer more comfortable footwear. My Dad got some last year that he says are pretty comfortable, so maybe I ought to look into getting a pair.
Posted By: 4dog

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/16/15 01:07 PM

Wear em in rattler country and when im hunting them...will have them on all weekend.
Posted By: ALM TXhunter

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/17/15 07:25 PM

I do a lot of walking when hunting, and find snake boots too uncomfortable. I might take them fishing, in fear of the cottonmouth, but still I do a lot of walking and they are uncomfortable.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 01:20 AM

I wear them because there are snakes
Posted By: tth_40

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 01:27 AM

Snake boots are a lot less expensive than anti-venin treatment.

And WAAY less painful.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: tlk

Buddy's wife got bit last Fall like that and I was fortunate enough a cpl years ago that it had just rained so I slipped on rubber boots instead of my flip flops to walk down to water steers. Cottonmouth said howdy about halfway across the yard, then a week or so later I was out on the porch one night taking pics of lightning rolling in and happened to look down during a strike and had a big rat snake under my feet/tripod that wasn't there when I was shining the light to get set up.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 01:57 AM

one of the most common places to get bit by a rattler is in your yard. Wear flip flops outside at night to move water sprinkler, etc.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 02:00 AM

We don't have many of those, but more than make up for it in copperheads and stub tails...starting to see a lot more coral snakes as well, but I don't plan on letting them gnaw on me.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 12:30 PM

I've never owned a pair and probably never will. The snakes just don't worry me.
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/19/15 04:04 PM

Wear mine all the time except the dead of winter unless I'm in South Texas. Even without snakes being active, I like wearing them to keep my legs from looking like a pincushion because of all the cacti and other pointy plants.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 01:54 AM

Never worn them. Got bit on the inner thigh by a Cotton Mouth, about 2 inches from the jewels, was just above my waders. I survived that, took 1 hour 45 to get to hospital, then 6 days in the hospital. Worst pain I'd ever experienced, I don't wish it upon anybody

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: tth_40

And WAAY less painful.

That aint no lie! Inssurance paid a $42,000 bill for mine.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Never worn them. Got bit on the inner thigh by a Cotton Mouth, about 2 inches from the jewels, was just above my waders. I survived that, took 1 hour 45 to get to hospital, then 6 days in the hospital. Worst pain I'd ever experienced, I don't wish it upon anybody

I'm assuming you waded too close to something it was laying on?

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: tth_40

And WAAY less painful.

That aint no lie! Inssurance paid a $42,000 bill for mine.
Originally Posted By: rifleman

I'm assuming you waded too close to something it was laying on?

Nope, riding my ATV in deep water following 2 other ATV's. He washed up over my front rack, around my handle bars and into my lap. He bit right as I was reaching for him. I death gripped him and he let go, he went with me to the hospital, still in a death grip but dead. Hospital staff had a conniption when I walked in loser8
Posted By: BTL

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 06:48 PM

Nope, riding my ATV in deep water following 2 other ATV's. He washed up over my front rack, around my handle bars and into my lap. He bit right as I was reaching for him. I death gripped him and he let go, he went with me to the hospital, still in a death grip but dead. Hospital staff had a conniption when I walked in loser8

Holy Cow! That scared me just reading that story! You just made into to my top ten list of "I heard a snake story once where a guy"
Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 07:30 PM

My nephew got bit 2 years ago by a cottonmouth. Only one fang got in his ankle. That sucker swole up bad.

He was rushed to the hospital and made it out fine with a full recovery.

I wore boots before that but now I always wear them suckers if I'm out.

I can't tell you how many snakes I have come across out in the country.

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 07:52 PM

This past weekend at my lease consisted of shorts and tennis shoes. I may buy snake boots or chaps, those dang cactus thorns hurt.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/20/15 07:53 PM

Grass is very high at the lease, this thread had me looking extra diligently yesterday.
Posted By: jcneef

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/23/15 07:58 PM

I prefer thigh high snake chaps... They seem to work great! Plus I like the extra protection!

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/23/15 09:39 PM

... Nope, riding my ATV in deep water following 2 other ATV's. He washed up over my front rack, around my handle bars and into my lap. He bit right as I was reaching for him. I death gripped him and he let go, he went with me to the hospital, still in a death grip but dead. Hospital staff had a conniption when I walked in ...

What a man.
Posted By: Mountain Lion

Re: When do you wear snake boots? - 04/24/15 07:04 AM

I wear my snake boots year round. I like to think it helps with chiggers too but I'm not sure.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum