Posted By: SingleShot85

interesting video - 03/24/15 02:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIAyb-1uwTg&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: PMK

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 04:48 PM

up
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 06:42 PM

interesting that its taken so long to notice or study that migration pattern......
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 07:38 PM

thanks for posting...interesting video
Posted By: dkershen

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 07:41 PM

Makes you wonder if the West Texas or Texas Panhandle mule deer migrate on some scale?
Posted By: PMK

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Makes you wonder if the West Texas or Texas Panhandle mule deer migrate on some scale?

yep, my BIL leased out ~50k acres in the lower panhandle and I would go up and help guide the paid hunters from time to time when he was shorthanded. One year we were covered up with MD when I arrived 2 days prior to the hunters getting there, but they disappeared by the time MD season hit ... didn't show back up until late Dec. after MD season ended. We were so confused with where they went, my BIL started covering various pastures of the ranch on horseback & me crisscrossing via pasture roads trying to locate any of them.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: interesting video - 03/24/15 11:50 PM

Cool video
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: interesting video - 03/25/15 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen

I've observed this migration on the Pitchfork. They move in big circles of several miles. I finally learned that I just have to keep going back to the places I know they will eventually rotate around to. Then they tend to stay for a week or so then move again. up
Posted By: Matpk

Re: interesting video - 03/25/15 11:45 PM

clap

Great video.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum