Texas Hunting Forum

Just got a DVR (Hunting related)

Posted By: postoak

Just got a DVR (Hunting related) - 03/13/15 11:06 PM

And it came with 2 outdoor channels. There is some really ridiculous stuff on some of these shows, although I am enjoying them overall, especially New Mexico and Arizona elk hunts.

The worst one I've seen so far was advertised as "Big Thicket hunting" and was set at a game farm in Hunt County (SRR WHitetails)! The producers of that show have NO IDEA of where the big thicket is, or what it's like. And, even if you were hunting IN the Big Thicket, you aren't really hunting it if you are hunting off a cattle pasture, farm field, or ROW. I'd love to see a show set in the SHNF showing REAL Big Thicket hunting.
Posted By: BuckManager

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/14/15 01:20 AM

Welcome to the club! You're going to see at least a little crazy sh*t on those hunting channels. Fairly entertaining, too, if you like comedies.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/14/15 03:27 AM

I hate DVR... Well, I hate it as soon as people start rewinding and what note live TV. pisses me off.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/18/15 01:12 AM

what iritates me is a 30 min. hunting show has 5 imn. hunting and 10 min. advertizing, and 15 min. of idiots in there tuck filming the road trip and trying to be funny and hoping to get discovered ! what happened to the old style hunting shows like night&hale and even the fraud hunter noel feather hunting shows !! least you got to watch hunting and not peoples ugly mugs !!!!!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/18/15 01:32 AM

I am no fan of hunting shows. But fishing shows really suck.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/18/15 10:41 PM

I have a friend that got asked to guide/help with some fishing show back in the '90s on one of the highland lakes. He was all excited about it, some big TV pro fisherman's show ... Afterwards I was talking to him and he hated the experience to see how those were created/produced. He said they filmed from his boat and another boat to get different angles but when it came time to actually fish, they had captive large fish in a live well in the other boat and a guy in suba gear underwater tugging on the line and at the end of supposedly reeling in, they would take one of the big fish from the live well and put on the lure to actually land the fish in his boat. all about the showmanship. He never watched the show or any like it again.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/19/15 12:00 AM

I don't watch them. I hate it every time I see michael waddell, or some wannabe, booyahing and fist-pumping like they just won the super bowl after shooting a deer, only to see that they decided to "back off and wait until the morning" to recover the animal despite an obviously lethal shot. Its disrespectful and provides non-hunters with a poor example of our pastime.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/19/15 04:58 PM

While I host a TV show, I agree with what you guys are saying. There is a lot of junk out there and egos are way out of hand. There is no respect for the animal and when one of them kills something, their reaction would make you think that this is the first time the feat was ever accomplished.
Outdoor Channel purchased Sportsmans a couple of months ago. I understand that it is the new ownership's plan to turn Outdoor into reality TV and move their outdoor programming to Sportsmans as contracts expire. This will leave only Pursuit and Sportsmans to broadcast hunting and fishing which means some of these shows will not have a home. When this happens, I hope that we loose some of the junk of which you speak.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/20/15 02:52 AM

scratch Been looking for sponcer's for my T.V. Reality Hunting Show Pro's vs Con's . Still waiting ta hear from Equate Hemorrhoid Cream bout my Waiten for that big one ta Pop-out . confused2 They havent answered my e-mails flag
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Just got a DVR - 03/20/15 01:56 PM

They are mostly trash. Some are really bad trash. Can't stand the deer/turkey/waterfowl/dove/hog hunts. They are all the same. The yuk-monkey stuff is grating. Also tired of hearing about all their production crap, how hard it is to film a show, showing the cameraman constantly, etc. Newsflash: nobody cares.

Some of the worst egos/biggest idiots: Nuge, drunk Daddy on Wildgame Nation, Burnworth....there are many more.

Some good and a few exceptional ones though. Shockey, Eastmans, "Driven" with Pat & Nichole, Steve's Outdoor Adventures, and some others are worth watching- for the places they go if nothing else.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum