Texas Hunting Forum

Dimensions of a sack of corn?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 01:21 AM

I know, weird question. But I'm offshore and trying to figure up how many sacks I can get out to the lease.

Can someone tell me the LxWxH of a 50 lb sack of corn???
Posted By: therock

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:07 AM

27x16x5. Just went out and measured a bag by the back door.

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:08 AM

Sweet! Thanks. 50 lbs sack, right?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:10 AM

[quote=BlakeJ]I know, weird question. But I'm offshore and trying to figure up how many sacks I can get out to the lease.

You can find the answer to your question by using this simple mathematical formula:

If the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the bore of the boar, providing that the heat of the meat is constant, then the mass of the grass is relative. Edited for the THF smile I've never measured the dimensions of a sack of corn, but I know in my half ton truck I put 40-50 bags in the back monthly to go fill feeders. It squats the truck pretty good, but will get you there and back unless you are driving a Dodge. Hope this helps.

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:10 AM

Yep

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Hope this helps.

not really......

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 02:15 AM

Hey skinnerback. I drive a dodge and it takes 40-50 bags to smooth the ride out! Don't squat it at all and never know its back there.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: BlakeJ
Hope this helps.

not really......

roflmao I need to stop making drunk posts, but I got cheap posts. Sorry bout that. flag
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 01:18 PM

Next post skinnerback might be asking if anyone knows how to repair the drag in the sag of his suspension................... roflmao
Posted By: Cast

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 01:23 PM

I just back my superduty up to the feed store and hitch it up.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 01:41 PM

Corn sacks can take amoeba form.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/14/15 01:45 PM

The dimensions also depend on the type of bag used. Some are longer and narrower in width. One thing every bag has in common is they all weigh 50#. A bushell of corn(56#) is 1.244 cubic ft in size.
Posted By: Hair 'o dog

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/16/15 04:55 AM

I got cheap posts. Sorry bout that. flag

That's what me pappy said rofl
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/16/15 06:39 AM

How many lbs do you need?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/16/15 03:52 PM

Most 55 gallon barrel type feeders take 6 sacks of corn which is 300 pounds. I unlike some of the others, only put 20 sacks of corn at a time in the back of my F-150. That will fill 3 empty feeders and give me another 100lbs to top off any others.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/16/15 06:39 PM

Quote:
Most 55 gallon barrel type feeders take 6 sacks of corn which is 300 pounds.

LOL,while most 55 gallon barrel type feeders may take 300 pounds of corn, they will only hold 5 50lb sacks of corn or 7 40lb sacks of corn. grin I keep a storage barrel near my feeders intermittent filling.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/16/15 09:14 PM

[quote=BlakeJ]I know, weird question. But I'm offshore and trying to figure up how many sacks I can get out to the lease.

You can find the answer to your question by using this simple mathematical formula:

If the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the bore of the boar, providing that the heat of the meat is constant, then the mass of the grass is relative. Edited for the THF smile I've never measured the dimensions of a sack of corn, but I know in my half ton truck I put 40-50 bags in the back monthly to go fill feeders. It squats the truck pretty good, but will get you there and back unless you are driving a Dodge. Hope this helps.

scratch something about his bladder & having ta go behind his squatting Dodge ta pee. confused2 trying ta work on me english. i'd get a second opinion. flag
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/17/15 11:07 PM

Don't know about your 55 gallon feeder, mine will hold 6 50lb bags of corn with a funnel
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

LOL,while most 55 gallon barrel type feeders may take 300 pounds of corn, they will only hold 5 50lb sacks of corn or 7 40lb sacks of corn. grin I keep a storage barrel near my feeders intermittent filling.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Dimensions of a sack of corn? - 02/19/15 02:39 AM

Again, both of mine will hold 6 sacks, (300lbs) of corn when empty.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum