Texas Hunting Forum

Swede, a crazy one...

Posted By: Tobe

Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 10:45 AM

Hello boys, I´m a crazy Swede how allways think about hunting and shooting!

My wifes best friend get married with an American and they have settel down in San Antonio. I think we will come over for a visit before 2017-2018.
So, I have a dream to hunt some thing in North America (Texas).
What would I expect?
I don´t are so much for thropy hunt. Of course, if a big buck or a relly nice boar step infront, so can I shoot. But that´s not priority.

I'am a good shot, hunting about 70-80 days per season, mostly drivenhunt. I have also a dog a Alpenländiche Dachsbracke, it´s a Austrian breed just for hunting, deer, boars and well everyting on four legs.
A realy nice hunt to is crow hunting. But every hunt with a rifle are littel more funny.

I have a Blaser R93, with barres in .308 Winchester, 9.3x57 (realy nice caliber for boars, moose and deer), 7x64 and a custom barrel in 7mm-08 Remington. A great gun for all hunting I conducts. I also have a Brno zg-47 in 8x64S, that is a reserv rifle if my Blaser would´t work. That day haven´t come yet.
To crows and other birds I have a SKB 500 O/U, a realy workhorse!

Is there somewhear around San Antonio there is hunting areas or some one who can take out a Swede for some hunt mayby abount some years forward?

I hope you can read my bad english, I´m not the best writer.

/Tobias
Posted By: Cast

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 12:32 PM

Come on down Swede. There are plenty of hogs and crows to go around.
Posted By: Western

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 12:49 PM

Tobe, Välkommen till forumetup

I would suggest keeping up here on the forum and try to connect with guys in the San Antonio area. Build a few friendships and you may get a good hunt or 2 in. Also Your wife's friend and husband may be able to network for you here in the states. You should have plenty of time to get something together.

BTW, your English and writing, is fine, as good as some around here.... And yes, I had to Google the Swedish welcomegrin
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 01:28 PM

welcome
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 01:38 PM

welcome
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 02:06 PM

welcome ta THF cheers ta the newlyweds flag
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 02:31 PM

welcome

Deer in season and hogs year-round should get you off to a great start! From there, the options are many. As a European, I should think you will love all the hog hunting opportunities that abound here.
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 05:51 PM

Welcome...Good luck.
Posted By: JKC

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 06:29 PM

welcome
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 07:44 PM

Welcome! Good luck and bring some hot Swedish chicks with you when you come. banana
Posted By: wisco-hunter

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 07:52 PM

it's actually easier to understand than colt.45's posts
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/02/15 08:09 PM

welcome and follow Western's advice. up
Posted By: Tobe

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/04/15 08:16 AM

thank you all boys!

We have to decide when we going over, then it´s easier to get something.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/04/15 11:56 AM

Welcome, Swede. That's my Father in laws nickname BTW. Come on down, we'll find you something to shoot at. cheers
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Swede, a crazy one... - 02/04/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
welcome ta THF cheers ta the newlyweds flag

Welcome ta texasHuntingForm. Cheers ta the newlyweds. For those who didn't undrrstand my post. flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum