Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunting Oklahoma question.

Posted By: Western

Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 03:08 PM

Without digging through the OKL game and fish website, can anyone tell me what regs there are for hog hunting there? Off the top of your head is fine. This will apply to private land if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Posted By: R. Edwards

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 03:32 PM

Private land outside of deer season no license required. No night hunting of any kind without a permit from the game warden. Hogs are apparently a delicacy in the county I deer hunt in as our game warden makes it pretty much impossible to obtain one. And we have hogs destroying hay meadows and food plots like nobodies business. If it wasn't for my stepdad owning land there I would probably never set foot in that state for hunting as some of their game laws are just crazy and outdated.

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 03:49 PM

No nighttime without a permit! that is dumb, I can sure understand making a call just to let them know, but then they do have a poaching problem up there.

Damage is the reason I am asking as well, my brothers place is getting tore up and my nephew asked if I'd go up with him. Apparently his sister is seeing 30-40 each weekend when she is home from college.

I am not a hog hunter, only killed 5 or 6
Posted By: .308TAC

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 05:10 PM

pretty much the same as deer hunting without the license. 30 minutes before sunrise, 30 after sunset.

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 06:08 PM

OK, thanks
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
No nighttime without a permit! that is dumb, I can sure understand making a call just to let them know, but then they do have a poaching problem up there.

Damage is the reason I am asking as well, my brothers place is getting tore up and my nephew asked if I'd go up with him. Apparently his sister is seeing 30-40 each weekend when she is home from college.

I am not a hog hunter, only killed 5 or 6

scratch this in Oklahoma? they pretty much thinned out round here. gotta keep after em though best wishes flag
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 11:02 PM

You can hunt year around without license except for deer gun.and muzzleloader season at that time you better have a liceense w u. There may be a couple other seasons, but I suggest you pull the regs. They are very regulated for most anals.

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/24/15 11:58 PM

Regs are pretty light IMO, not much to hog hunting after reading their rules. Will have to see if we can get the permit though.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/25/15 01:00 AM

scratch Oklahoma allow baiting hogs flag

Re: Hog hunting Oklahoma question. - 01/25/15 01:38 AM

I don't know?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum