Texas Hunting Forum

Gun owners to wear gps devices

Posted By: 10pointdoe

Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 06:32 PM

So Obama and his henchman, eric holder ,are proposing that all gun owners must start wearing bracelets that are gps tracking devices. Have you got yours yet?
Posted By: Ntgrty

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 07:26 PM

No - And neither of them have "got theirs" yet either! ninja
Posted By: Birdog62

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 07:30 PM

That bs ain't happening!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 07:32 PM

Yea....right.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 07:35 PM

Good thing I don't own any peep
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 08:16 PM

Gotta call BS. Holder isn't AG any more and has no capacity to suggest or enforce US law. You really should keep up with the news.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt Dog
Gotta call BS. Holder isn't AG any more and has no capacity to suggest or enforce US law. You really should keep up with the news.

A slight misrepresentation, but wouldn't call it bs and as you said, was in the past year. But it was discussed because of 23 presidential orders from the big guy himself. Plenty of information on it, but here is a link that provides a description of it.

Politico
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 08:49 PM

Not too worried. They have to find me first. It's been twenty years since I bought a gun that I did any paperwork on.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 08:58 PM

I can see all the criminals with guns lining up to get their bracelets now.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 09:04 PM

not gonna happen
Posted By: Cast

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 09:22 PM

Won't do it. Deal breaker.
Posted By: bigorosco

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 09:36 PM

Pffffft willing to bet most of us have newer cell phones. They don't need bracelets to track us, we carry it with us all the time.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 09:44 PM

You can turn them off or leave behind.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 10:06 PM

Won't happen. Once the ladies find out that the bracelet clashes with their outfit, it'll be over
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bigorosco
Pffffft willing to bet most of us have newer cell phones. They don't need bracelets to track us, we carry it with us all the time.

Yep. Heck you get tracked well enough when you access certain websites today. They don't need a gps tracking device to know where your at in today's world if your carrying your cell and in range.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
Originally Posted By: bigorosco

Yep. Heck you get tracked well enough when you access certain websites today. They don't need a gps tracking device to know where your at in today's world if your carrying your cell and in range.

de Gov. been spyen on me ever since dey found outs bout me alien body parts flag

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 11:53 PM

This is from jan 9,2015, not last year

https://www.intellihub.com/holder-calls-gun-owners-wear-tracking-bracelets/

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/23/15 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Originally Posted By: txshntr

hunt dog maybe you should keep up with the news. This is from Janurary 9, 2015
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:03 AM

Yeh, let's get right on that.....
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

If the GPS don't transmit, you must acquit.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:21 AM

They can't get any type of gun control bill out of committee (even after Sandy Hook) and you think they're going to do this?

rolleyes
Posted By: cajuntec

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: 10pointdoe

You should read the entire article, down to the very bottom, where they couldn't even construct and add their own sentence without misspelling words:

Quote:
The hearing to (sic) place back in April of 2014.

The other "news" agencies that ran the original story were "The Daily Caller", and.... uhh.... Well... really nobody else that is a "real" news agency. None of the major networks picked up on it. At all. Even back in 2014 when it was originally announced.

The exact same story (with the aforementioned misspelling of "took") was also on another "News" site called "We Are Change":
http://wearechange.org/holder-calls-gun-owners-wear-tracking-bracelets/

There is no such thing as a "Civilian Intelligence Agency". "Intellihub" is nothing more than people searching the web and reposting stories. They took credit for a story that Elizabeth Harrington of the Washington Free Beacon wrote about on April 7, 2014:
http://freebeacon.com/issues/holder-we-want-to-explore-gun-tracking-bracelets/

... and I'm not even sure if she took the material from someone else and took credit for it either. All of these so-called "news" sites are anything but. And that's sad too... because the "real" news agencies are bad enough on their own. Wanna-be news agencies are chasing after something that is already less than mediocre.

It's stories like this that are created, distributed, revamped, reprinted, changed, quoted, misquoted, and posted everywhere that cause firearm and ammo crazes. Nothing more.

It ain't happening.

No disrespect meant to 10pointdoe or anyone else. Just voicing my opinion and pointing out things as well.

All the best,
Glenn
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: cajuntec

You should read the entire article, down to the very bottom, where they couldn't even construct and add their own sentence without misspelling words:

Quote:

The other "news" agencies that ran the original story were "The Daily Caller", and.... uhh.... Well... really nobody else that is a "real" news agency. None of the major networks picked up on it. At all. Even back in 2014 when it was originally announced.

The exact same story (with the aforementioned misspelling of "took") was also on another "News" site called "We Are Change":

There is no such thing as a "Civilian Intelligence Agency". "Intellihub" is nothing more than people searching the web and reposting stories. They took credit for a story that Elizabeth Harrington of the Washington Free Beacon wrote about on April 7, 2014:

... and I'm not even sure if she took the material from someone else and took credit for it either. All of these so-called "news" sites are anything but. And that's sad too... because the "real" news agencies are bad enough on their own. Wanna-be news agencies are chasing after something that is already less than mediocre.

It's stories like this that are created, distributed, revamped, reprinted, changed, quoted, misquoted, and posted everywhere that cause firearm and ammo crazes. Nothing more.

It ain't happening.

No disrespect meant to 10pointdoe or anyone else. Just voicing my opinion and pointing out things as well.

All the best,
Glenn

Thank you.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:28 AM

NSA has already traced your ISP locations, congratulations, your GPS bracelet is now being shipped. up
Posted By: passthru

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:51 AM

Dang, I forgot my tinfoil hat . . . yawn
Posted By: aeb

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 01:55 AM

I know it is true because my wife read it while waiting to check out at the grocery store. muyloco
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/24/15 11:01 PM

loser8 Are they planning on welding it on? If not they'll be tracking some old boar hog all over N. Central Texas
Posted By: ZenArchery

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 04:59 AM

Interesting... Didn't think was in the business of tracking who owned what guns?! bolt
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 06:02 AM

So Obama and his henchman, eric holder ,are proposing that all gun owners must start wearing bracelets that are gps tracking devices. Have you got yours yet?

That'll be the day....

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 03:15 PM

Quote:

There is no such thing as a "Civilian Intelligence Agency" . "Intellihub" is nothing more than people searching the web and reposting stories. They took credit for a story that Elizabeth Harrington of the Washington Free Beacon wrote about on April 7, 2014:

It ain't happening.

All the best,
Glenn

rofl flag

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
loser8 Are they planning on welding it on? If not they'll be tracking some old boar hog all over N. Central Texas

scratch this is the age of high-tech. They in-plant-it U not seen the movie Total Recall flag

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45

scratch this is the age of high-tech. They in-plant-it U not seen the movie Total Recall flag

eeks333 i just remembered where i'm at bolt flag
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/25/15 11:05 PM

Quote:

It ain't happening.

All the best,
Glenn

Thank you for saving me 20 minutes of typing. Geeze guys. Let's use some critical thinking skills instead of being the "bumbling rednecks" people think we are.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/26/15 04:47 PM

That's funny right there!

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/26/15 09:44 PM

I don't expect it to become law, I was just pointing out what we have in the white house
Posted By: aeb

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/26/15 10:35 PM

I don't expect it to become law, I was just pointing out what we have in the white house

Been reading NATIONAL ENQUIRER again? roflmao
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/27/15 05:00 AM

Wow
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Gun owners to wear gps devices - 01/28/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

What you talking about? They already have ankle GPS's! wink

Russ
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum