Texas Hunting Forum

Gustine area Comanche county

Posted By: 22hemi13

Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 03:09 PM

Hey are any of you around the Gustine area? Curious to see who's out there
Posted By: JethroODB

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 03:14 PM

I coach in Comanche and live west of DeLeon.

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 03:20 PM

Nice. Football?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 03:33 PM

My buddy has 1200 acres in Commanche. Quite a bit of metromess hunters out that way; lots of post oaks and acorns. They do get some nice heavy horned dudes harvested from time-time. Wouldn't say it's the highest deer density area ever.

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 03:36 PM

Not too bad out here where I'm at. Hidden surrounded by farms that have been owned by same ole guys for years and years.
Posted By: JethroODB

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 05:02 PM

Yes, I coach football, powerlifting & track.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 10:30 PM

I hunt west of Gustine about 20 miles off HWY 573 out of Comanche. We've had lots of high-fencing going on along the first 3 miles of HWY 573 southeast of Hwy 590. A ranch on our south fence line high-fenced the week before gun season started.

All the high-fencing this year has definitely changed the deer pattern, but still too early how much good or bad it has done. For me, where I had my stand, I saw more bucks this year than ever; a very high number of young bucks. I saw only one doe along that high-fence, and she was most assuredly looking for away to get back to the other side!

Gustine has some pockets with some good herds, so it probably depends where you're hunting. There are a couple of people on here that do hunt around Gustine. One of them got a picture of a javelina on his trail cam 2 years ago! Unheard of for the area!

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 10:45 PM

I'm off of 2486 pretty much down the road from Pettit church. I've been happy this year. Good neighbors, decent deer and peace and quiet. Man high fence right before season that sucks.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 10:51 PM

not in Gustine but i own land in De Leon

lots of post oaks/acorns - produce some really nice young 1-2yr old with big 8 pts

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/14/15 11:00 PM

Dept of veterans huh. So your who I gotta get a hold of to get my stuff straightened out lol. J/k
Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/16/15 01:04 AM

Hunted that area on a couple of places, one just out of Comanche going toward Gustine, and one further southeast south of Shive. The Gustine area can be good if managed properly. Best thing to do is get with the neighbors and make sure everyone is on the same page or close to it. The place we were on was under MLD.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/16/15 01:43 PM

Always wanted to hunt that area. Love the ranch name in that area "Deep S**t Cattle Company" Figured the guy knew what ranching was all about.

Re: Gustine area Comanche county - 01/16/15 01:57 PM

Yeah I like that too. That's my signal it's time to turn left haha
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum