Texas Hunting Forum

I need help!

Posted By: Captain Obvious

I need help! - 01/08/15 07:07 PM

Hey y'all I have a friend that is visiting me from Virginia and he has heard about the abundance of hogs that we have in Texas. I was really hoping to give him the opportunity to experience a Texas hog hunt. Unfortunatly I dont have property to do so. If there is anybody who has a place that they want some hogs taken out just let me know. I would really appreciate it.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: I need help! - 01/08/15 07:15 PM

Argentine, you're much more likely to have success w/ a guide.. Yes, there are a lot of hogs in Texas but you run in to a couple of hurdles.. Usually, either:

1) the LO knows hogs are growing in numbers and popularity to hunt so they lease the land to a guide or..
2) the land is leased to deer hunters & they shoot the hogs as well

The likelihood that someone a) has a hog problem and b) has no problem w/ strangers on their property w/ firearms to hunt them is fairly small in my experience..

Good luck!
Posted By: rattler03

Re: I need help! - 01/08/15 07:32 PM

Check out the "Outfitters and Guides" section towards the bottom of the forum list. Might find something in there. Good luck
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: I need help! - 01/08/15 10:17 PM

7.65 A, your question is like asking a bunch of hungry wolves if they know where to find free sheep. If they knew where there were free sheep, they would not be hungry.

We would all like to meet some landowners who just happen to have some hogs they need removed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum