Texas Hunting Forum

Was just watching Ted Nugent

Posted By: SapperTitan

Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 01:44 AM

and while they are posing with the deer and talking loudly a deer came strolling by about 50 yds in the background without a care in the world. Just thought that was funny for some reason.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 01:47 AM

Why would it have a care in the world? They are blood brothers. popcorn

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Why would it have a care in the world? They are blood brothers. popcorn
Spirit of the wild
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 02:56 AM

Were they if the feed pen?

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 03:01 AM

Not sure I had just turned it to sportsmans channel and his wife was sitting behind her buck talking with a kid and Ted was talking and then this deer just comes walking by and never even looked towards them. Im assuming the deer know them well.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 04:44 AM

Not surprising. He hunts on "those" places...along with normal places too grin

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Not surprising. He hunts on "those" places...along with normal places too grin
Didn't want to mention those places LOL.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 07:16 AM

What's wrong with hunting short bus deer? If you've hunted long enough you've had a few of those around. Deer are rutting on my place in uvalde. I was setting up some bow blinds and checking feeders today and when I hit the feeder this rutted up buck walked out and almost came to the feeder while I was there. Made me feel kind of silly for spending so much time brushing in the blind.

Ted will be there hunting this weekend. I won't let him shoot my short bus buck. I want to spread those genes!

All native deer down there btw. Yeah I know, it's one of "those" places, there is a fence a mile and a half behind him.

And yeah, I blew the pic by not taking it landscaped.

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
What's wrong with hunting short bus deer? If you've hunted long enough you've had a few of those around. Deer are rutting on my place in uvalde. I was setting up some bow blinds and checking feeders today and when I hit the feeder this rutted up buck walked out and almost came to the feeder while I was there. Made me feel kind of silly for spending so much time brushing in the blind.

Ted will be there hunting this weekend. I won't let him shoot my short bus buck. I want to spread those genes!

All native deer down there btw. Yeah I know, it's one of "those" places, there is a fence a mile and a half behind him.

And yeah, I blew the pic by not taking it landscaped.

Ive seen rutting bucks do some dumb things LOL. I think this was a doe in the background but couldn't tell. Either way it was more interested in what it was doing than what Ted was doing.

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 02:55 PM

Ha! If u see a doe u've either got a lousy phone or u really need new glasses.

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Ha! If u see a doe u've either got a lousy phone or u really need new glasses.
I was talking about the one on Ted Nugent's show not the one in the background of your picture LOL

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 03:08 PM

Ha. Words thru wires..
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 03:29 PM

not knowing the facts cant comment. but let me say this i hunt a small place by most standards surrounded by lots of land no one hunts. we feed year round and have it real good. we put no pressure and let 99% of everything walk. during deer season i feed off the utv with a spreader. well we have a few deer that come running to the utv if they are within ear shot, hogs arent far behind. they can get pretty tame with food.

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: vanguard
not knowing the facts cant comment. but let me say this i hunt a small place by most standards surrounded by lots of land no one hunts. we feed year round and have it real good. we put no pressure and let 99% of everything walk. during deer season i feed off the utv with a spreader. well we have a few deer that come running to the utv if they are within ear shot, hogs arent far behind. they can get pretty tame with food.

Exactly. We don't hunt uvalde hard at all. A lot of deer live their lives there and never even know they're being hunted. Being "one of those" places never comes into play.

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 12/31/14 04:35 PM

I've seen the same thing in Lampasas on low fence. Feeder went off deer came running. My 2 1/2 yr old screams dad a buck. They all look at our blind then start eating corn again.
Posted By: crooked horn

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 05:38 AM

Back in the 70s, when basically nobody had heard of high fences, our family hunted on a 3,500 acre place. We didnt have feeders, just hand fed. When we drove through parts of the ranch, you would start seeing deer trailing the truck off in the distance. While we were feeding they would stand and watch, as soon as we drove off they would ease in. It was funny. BUT, if you werent in that truck, an entire different story. And no, my Dad and Uncles would not let us shoot out of the vehicle. Damn morals!

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 07:30 PM

few weeks ago i was in the blind and the hogs came in, it was still early so i decided to chase them off, them suckers werent too afraid of me i tell you. it really took some effort to get them suckas to leave. get back in blind not 10 minutes later my senderos started to fill up with deer.
like i said small place low fence, no pressure.
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 07:47 PM

Deer acting like deer. up
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 10:28 PM

Vanguard if you ever need someone to help you this year, you just say the word buddy and I'll show up with a check in hand! Dang that sounds awesome!

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 11:05 PM

wish i could frog, place aint mine , just lucky i got my foot in. it costs me nothing but sweat workin on the place
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/01/15 11:34 PM

Worth a shot. Good luck to ya cheers
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/02/15 10:54 PM

Well it is uncle ted they might be related.... rolleyes
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Was just watching Ted Nugent - 01/02/15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: vanguard
few weeks ago i was in the blind and the hogs came in, it was still early so i decided to chase them off, them suckers werent too afraid of me i tell you. it really took some effort to get them suckas to leave. get back in blind not 10 minutes later my senderos started to fill up with deer.
like i said small place low fence, no pressure.

Did the same thing bowhunting. An old sow just stood her ground as I approached. When I got about 20 feet from her and she started popping her jaws it suddenly dawned on me I was not the aggressor in the situation. As I started to draw she grunted and went into the bushes. Hogs are kinda unpredictable/weird.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum