Texas Hunting Forum

Nose Jammer anyone?

Posted By: chital_shikari

Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 03:57 PM

Does anybody use it?
How would you use in a pop up blind situation?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:09 PM

No I don't waste my money on gimmicks. You are not fooling the nose on a deer 100% of the time.

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
No I don't waste my money on gimmicks. You are not fooling the nose on a deer 100% of the time.
Oh Great Sensei, thou must share thine way of scent elimination to thy pupil flehan yingyang

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:24 PM

wind <-------- hunter ------> deer confused2
Posted By: Payne

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:25 PM

step in a cow pie
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:28 PM

Wind^~<>\@@@@@@@@hunter---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------unsuspecting deer

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman

Wind^~<>\@@@@@@@@hunter(on-line on THF not paying attention)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------unsuspecting deer

FIFY

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:35 PM

It's like watching a pot..it'll never boil. Same thing with looking for deer.

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:45 PM

Sounds like you are spending to much time in the kitchen these days...hence the unsuccessful WT season so far grin

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 04:51 PM

My WT season has been a success. Nothing killed means they roll over to next yr and I didn't end my season opening weekend.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 05:59 PM

I have never used it or know anybody who has but to answer the question I would not use it in a pop up situation. Just get the wind right and go hunt, use the money you would spend on that crap and buy some more broadheads.

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
I have never used it or know anybody who has but to answer the question I would not use it in a pop up situation. Just get the wind right and go hunt, use the money you would spend on that crap and buy some more broadheads.
Lol if this really works, I'd have killed 2 deer last weekend. Wind absolutely screwed us over on the last set. Idk. I might try it. The inter webs gives it good reviews. confused2

Thanks for input y'all.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
My WT season has been a success. Nothing killed means they roll over to next yr and I didn't end my season opening weekend.

my WT season has been a success. nothing killed means they rofl cause i fart alot. 2cents worth flag
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 08:26 PM

Why do you need more broadheads if they are all brand new ?
Posted By: Perfect 8

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 09:40 PM

Most excellent.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

I need more broad heads because I shoot a lot. I shot 22 arrows opening weekend killing 3 coons, 4 squirrels, 2 turkeys, and missed I don't know how many other squirrels. Just this week I've killed 2 deer and missed several squirrels and grouse. I don't go hunt to sit and observe wildlife I go to shoot arrows and if the wind is right I don't need to jam their nose, if the wind is wrong they gonna smell you anyway.

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 11:12 PM

So you don't even use scent killer or any of those things?

I like those. Good experiences when used right
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 12/27/14 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

I need more broad heads because I shoot a lot. I shot 22 arrows opening weekend killing 3 coons, 4 squirrels, 2 turkeys, and missed I don't know how many other squirrels. Just this week I've killed 2 deer and missed several squirrels and grouse. I don't go hunt to sit and observe wildlife I go to shoot arrows and if the wind is right I don't need to jam their nose, if the wind is wrong they gonna smell you anyway.

they sell different tips or heads for arrows. i got cheap posts flag
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 01/03/15 07:36 PM

Every breath you take is exhaled into the air for the deer to smell. The only thing stuff like that is good for is making your wallet a little lighter.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Nose Jammer anyone? - 01/04/15 08:02 AM

Hey it's good cheap peace of mind. Go get ya some chital. Post pics when you whack one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum