Texas Hunting Forum

Stinking Thieves

Posted By: Greytshot

Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 04:14 AM

Got to my property this afternoon to be greeted with broken windows and jacked up shed door. Made off with all my cameras, chainsaw, flashlights, a few knives, and a pellet gun. Jerks.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 04:16 AM

I hate that for you sir!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
I hate that for you sir!!

up
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 05:07 AM

Sorry to read this...really sucks! We've been hit before...not fun. Hope things turn around and you have the best end of the season you've ever had! And that all that has been lost becomes found!!! I hate thieves!
Posted By: Western

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 11:56 AM

That makes my skin crawl, POS for sure
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 12:34 PM

I hope they get back what they did to you X100
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sparky45
I hope they get back what they did to you X100
Karma is a biotch. Hope it comes soon to them and sorry for your loss.
Posted By: janie

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 03:10 PM

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully they'll swallow the flashlight batteries, and someone will run the chain saw blade up their butt crack.

I hate thieves.
Posted By: MUZZBUZZ

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 09:15 PM

Too bad this guy didn't pull up on the scene while those scum bums were in the act!!! R.I.P.

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/22/14 11:25 PM

Thanks guys. We made the best of it. Here's a new one.......every blind had a swarm of wasps in it this evening and we had to sit outside the blind to hunt. Glad I'm coming back after Christmas so I can get my $hit together!
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/23/14 06:51 PM

That blows and makes me want to reconsider ever leaving anything out there. Hope you're home owners will cover at least some of it.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/23/14 11:12 PM

That's a good question. Will your homeowner's cover the loss of an item that you took somewhere else and it was stolen. but then my deductible would most likely be more than the items lost.

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 02:23 AM

My deductable on homeowners is 3000 so effectively no. I have insurance on the trailer that would cover damage to the trailer over 250. I'm thinking about just leaving the windows taped up for now. Gorilla tape is some badazz stuff. I'll not leave anything there anymore. Sucks, but you can't expect to leave stuff of value at a hunting or fishing camp. Least they didn't take my road feeder.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 03:33 AM

Grrrrr! mad
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 04:13 AM

Grrrrrrrrrr realmad
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 04:35 AM

What the hell goes through these peoples head? Seriously I can't understand it.
I hope they get caught and your stuff is returned.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 04:51 AM

Not surprised, what alarms me the most is that there seem to be so many people nowadays that will & do steal at the drop of a hat.I hope you get some if not all of your stuff back
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/24/14 05:12 AM

Just plain trash..sorry sucks !
Posted By: crooked horn

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/27/14 08:51 AM

I have had everything from entire feeders (not visible from any road or property line), to freaking 5 gallon buckets stolen. A crackhead will steal anything they can get their hands on.
Posted By: Stones1950

Re: Stinking Thieves - 12/27/14 11:27 AM

Sorry to hear about that.

Try this one on for size. How about a thief that's a family member who had full access to the property!

The trailers and hunting vehicles at our south camp kept getting broken into. One to four items at a time such as a cameras, shooting sticks, booze, binocs, game calls, spotlights, game cams and of all things, a countertop ice machine disappeared. The thief would leave guns, and other expensive items alone. It didn't make sense. I thought this is one retarded thief.

We put out game cams but they would either be stolen or the SD cards would be taken.

We put in a gun safe and bolted it securely inside one of the trailers to secure any items worth over a couple of hundred dollars.

Finally, after finding someone had tried to pry the gun safe loose without success, my brother and I spent one weekend installing and hiding game cams, with uplinks to my brother's phone, in and around camp.

Lo and behold, we got beautiful HD pictures of my brother's 20 year old stepson making off with the goodies!

Off at college, he would make a beeline to the ranch during the week knowing we would not be there.

When confronted with it,of course, he denied it until the pictures came out. Then, the story changed to him just borrowing a few things. He planned to give them back, he had just forgotten to return them. LOL

Ends up, we got a few things back but I'm sure most of the items were spread over the pawn shops in College Station to help support his pot smoking habit.

There wasn't much my brother could do. I, on the other hand, had a very private, very intense talk with him about ever touching any of our stuff again. He was a smartazz at the beginning of the conversation and a true believer by the end.

Pretty bad when you can't trust your family members!

Thieves, I hate 'em and I sure miss that ice maker! LOL

Stones1950

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum