Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show?

Posted By: Creekrunner

Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 02:37 AM

Who's planning on perusing the Dallas Safari Club show Jan. 15-18th? I'm headed up for Friday and Saturday. Don't do the banquets, just the show.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 02:45 AM

One of those days , Yes
Posted By: BadLander

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:11 AM

Heck yes! Every january. I like to watch friends write big checks for Hunts
Posted By: Bildo

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:12 AM

Always a good time. And a chance to visit with the outfitter and ph I hunted with.
Posted By: Mud

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:16 AM

Do they offer giraffe hunts?

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Mudshark

I will hook you up!

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

I will hook you up!

I have always wanted to grab one by the horns and wrastle it to the ground cowboy style. It's hard to find a tall enough horse.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:26 AM

I will hook you up!

I have always wanted to grab one by the horns and wrastle it to the ground cowboy style. It's hard to find a tall enough horse.

Why not just run in behind and grab his nuts? Zip-lining African style.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:44 AM

I will hook you up!

Why not just run in behind and grab his nuts? Zip-lining African style.

Because that would just be weird.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:45 AM

I've never been but going this year. Looking for a black bear hunt.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: SR025

You could probably find one amongst the crowd or at least the physical requirements. Good luck on your hunt peep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)
Posted By: SR025

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Originally Posted By: SR025

You could probably find one amongst the crowd or at least the physical requirements. Good luck on your hunt peep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)

roflmao I'm scared to ask how you know about that
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 03:49 PM

I'm planning on being there.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 06:53 PM

I would love to go but fortunately I'll be in West Texas hunting Aiudad with Mulie Mike. wink
Posted By: n-all

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 07:09 PM

Yes sir..lots to see..
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 07:24 PM

Yes up I Love to dream. No doubt there's an outfitter at DSC convention who can make a dream come true.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 12/21/14 10:10 PM

Yep go every year. I enjoy meeting people I have hunted with in the past. I plan on booking a tahr and chamois in NZ for 2016 while I am there. Going to look at some Canadian moose and caribou hunts maybe for this year if there are any bargains. Always bid on some hunts in the silent auction and buy a few raffle tickets. Haven't won anything yet. My only real complaint is the timing. I wish it was moved to February or March when there is less hunting going on in Texas.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/10/15 04:22 PM

Bumpety
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/10/15 04:40 PM

Friday
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/10/15 05:06 PM

Friday day or Saturday... up
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/10/15 05:14 PM

Friday for sure. Hate to be anywhere on the weekend and have to fight the crowds. One day is plenty, and then we still have the weekend free to do things at home. My wife wants to go to Alaska and hunt black bear, and I want a moose. Hopefully we can find a deal in an area with both animals. If not, plan B is to start calling guys in the Bethel area.

Eddie

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/10/15 05:32 PM

I agree, one day is plenty, but I can only take the crowd in small doses, so I'll be around 'til Sunday noon. A Zim PH that I consider a friend has asked to bum a place to sleep for a week, so I have to hang out to bring him down to the house. With the SCI show 2&1/2 weeks away in Vegas, all those guys have to try and find places to stay that won't use up all of what they made last year. Not exactly mooching, but it comes pretty close. 'Can't blame them though. I'm sure he thinks he's going to sell me a leopard hunt, but I'm coasting for a while, plus, I don't care for the guys he works for and I'm through spending money with them.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/11/15 02:49 AM

I'll be there. All 4 days. I have nothing to sell but I do help out in a booth for Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris (booth 350-351). I've hunted with him twice in Namibia (hunted Africa 5 times) and just have a fun time talking to folks about African hunting if Jamy is busy with other folks. Stop by and say Hi! Have a soda and talk a while.
Cliffy
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/11/15 03:07 AM

Saturday ...all day....takes that long to even see everything....

my feet already hurt !!!!

trying to win lotto till then///////
Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/11/15 01:18 PM

I'm going. Probably Friday or Saturday. Want to check out some elk outfitters and maybe
some African hunts. Mostly window shopping now for my bucket list.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/11/15 08:44 PM

I'll be there Sunday, got a 60 pound blue cat to catch Saturday.
Posted By: Perfect 8

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/11/15 08:57 PM

I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I plan to visit with the outfitter I went to Africa with last year and start shying for the next trip. One day is not enough.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/12/15 02:51 AM

I will be going Saturday at some point. I usually like to go early before it gets to crowded.
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/12/15 04:31 AM

I will be there....swing by the Whitetail Properties booth and see us.
Posted By: Reata

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/12/15 10:08 PM

I'll be there all day Saturday.
Posted By: Troubador

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/12/15 10:34 PM

im going thursday when it opens, way less crowds to fight
Posted By: gunnut81

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/14/15 03:50 AM

Probably not going to the convention but going to the skeet shoot that Jim Shockey is putting on tomorrow morning in Dallas.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/14/15 03:58 PM

I'm headed north. Gonna try to shoot some ducks with a fellow THF member tomorrow morning, guided by Blake E., also a THF member.

If you see a guy at the show, Friday or Saturday, mumbling to himself and it sounds like he's practicing an explanation to his wife about the hunt he signed up for...that would be me.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/14/15 07:35 PM

I'm headed north. Gonna try to shoot some ducks with a fellow THF member tomorrow morning, guided by Blake E., also a THF member.

If you see a guy at the show, Friday or Saturday, mumbling to himself and it sounds like he's practicing an explanation to his wife about the hunt he signed up for...that would be me.

Go BIG or go home....right? up
Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/15/15 01:17 AM

I will be there Friday. I will be tooling around on my scooter! Wade, I will stop by and introduce myself.
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/15/15 03:22 AM

Will be there Sat and Sunday seing old friends and finally looking for that perfect Africa hunt.And get the wife some trinkets to grease the skids!! If anybody can introduce or let me know of a good South Africa outfitter sound off please.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/15/15 03:39 AM

While I'm sure there are some bad apples in South Africa, I really don't think you can go wrong booking with just about anybody there. I hunted with Bennie Lategan this past August and had a great time. We chose him because it's a small family business. He only has a few animals on his place, so we hunted a different ranch every day. Some high fence, but most where low fence. Nothing fancy, but it was just us and we had total flexibility to do what we wanted. One day we drove over to the coast, another day we went to town to watch a rugby match.

Decide what animals you want and what type of place you want to stay at. There are some amazing lodges there, and some big operations where you never have to drive an hour or two in order to get to the animals, they are all on the ranch you are staying at. Once you figure out what you want to shoot, that will limit you to where you can go. Then you just start talking to everyone with those animals.

Eddie
Posted By: dawaba

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/15/15 11:49 AM

There will so many good outfitters there that you will be overwhelmed.

I have hunted twice with Thormahlen & Cochran, once alone and once with my brother. Decide what animals you'd like to hunt and they can make you up a quote. I think their Spiral Horn Package is a great start: eland, kudu, bushbuck, and nyala at an excellent rate. Then, you can add other animals as you see fit.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/15/15 12:33 PM

I should be there Saturday afternoon for a few hours at the mossy oak properties booth, I need all of you to stop by and buy something!
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/16/15 03:53 PM

One weekend I always look forward to enjoying.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/16/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
I should be there Saturday afternoon for a few hours at the mossy oak properties booth, I need all of you to stop by and buy something!

Give me the price I want and I'll buy cheers
Posted By: Reeder

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/17/15 01:19 AM

Have volunteered at the DSC convention the last few years, but wasn't able to this year. Don't forget to check out the hunts in the silent auction.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/17/15 01:06 PM

Parking is $15, FYI.

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/17/15 04:28 PM

We went yesterday and enjoyed ourselves. There seemed to be more there then last year, but it might be that they added more eating and bar areas in the middle area and moved more of the booths out towards the food areas. We where able to see and talk to everyone we wanted to in one day and still get out of there before traffic got too bad.

We didn't book anything, but did get some insight into some of the outfitters we where considering for a moose hunt. Maybe next year we will be caught up from out trip to South Africa this past August and we'll book a trip then.

My wife said several times while we where there how much fun she was having, and this morning, has been going on and on about what a great day it was!!!!

Eddie
Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 12:49 AM

Enjoyed the show, it's always a neat place to walk around. Stopped by and introduced myself to Eland Slayer (Wade). Nice to finally put face to name. Didn't book any trips, but am thinking I am going to book a Manitoba fly in Black Bear/Wolf hunt. That sounded like a heck of a good time!

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 01:22 AM

Booked our Scotland red stag/roe buck stalking trip and a short TX coast fishing trip. Shot the bull with a few Zim PHs I've hunted with. One said he's heard of some cancellations due to oil being down. Ran into some good friends and also had to listen to/put up with some real pompous fools - pretty much normal. Good show.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 02:42 AM

Tammy and I went today. Caught up with some old friends and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Always amazing to see such an incredible cross-section of everything that is hunting all in one place. I daresay there is nothing else like it.
Posted By: UNT@2007

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 03:49 AM

How much does it cost to get in? Is it hard to find a parking space?

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 03:53 AM

I think it's 15.00 to park and 20.00 to get in. Shouldn't be hard to find a parking place tomorrow morning. Pretty sure it shuts down at 3pm.
Posted By: UNT@2007

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 03:55 AM

Thanks
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Anyone headed to the Dallas Safari Club show? - 01/18/15 04:07 AM

rifle down to 2 different outfitters will be back tomorrow to ask more questions and lock down who it will be to host my trip of a lifetime! !!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum