Texas Hunting Forum

Camera Stolen

Posted By: rvtech

Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 12:41 AM

Game camera stolen in Grayson County from my feeder. There was a feeder and stand stolen also from another place. I guess I better find a way to lock cameras or hide other ones to catch thieves.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 12:45 AM

realmadYeah a camera watching the camera!! Sorry. Hate thieves.
Posted By: rvtech

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 01:48 AM

Any better suggestions? They could have walked in or drove in, it had rained so it would have washed away any tracks if there were any
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 02:10 AM

There is no perfect way to secure a camera, I think it is best to not put one where anyone can see it. The lease may be private property, there are too many people wander in places they shouldn't be.
Posted By: DaveDave

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 02:14 AM

That sucks. I had a stand stolen once. The guy left a note on a 2x4' which said "I took your stand, Jeff." I hate Jeff.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveDave
That sucks. I had a stand stolen once. The guy left a note on a 2x4' which said "I took your stand, Jeff." I hate Jeff.

I think Jeff had some other issues goin' on there, in addition to being a low-life thief. Perhaps he moved on to adultery, left a note, and is now no more.

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 02:29 AM

I can only hope that is the case, or that maybe he had his junk ripped off in a combine accident.
Posted By: Bdontexoma

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 05:00 AM

Was this public land or private land? If private close to what town?

Been there and done that... you gotta get them up higher in the trees I suppose. Seems to help where I hunt.
Posted By: Txarrow

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 05:20 AM

I had a quad pod stolen last week sometime in jack county. It happens. It's inevitable.
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 04:19 PM

I had a feeder and blind stolen in Grayson County earlier this season as well. Hunt 300 acres of private land NW of Sherman and this setup was in the middle of the woods/property. Either someone walked a long way in to take it, or one of the gas company employees took it. Still pi$$es me off.
Posted By: crash700

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/18/14 05:44 PM

We actually have two cameras on our feeders. One on the feeder and one on the area around the feeder/camera. I don't like thieves !!!
Posted By: n-all

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 01:34 AM

Ive gone to covert black ops 3g att cameras..they have a code that you in put to it that only you know..its usless to the thief..put a lockable cable with it..if they dont have bolt cutters..no dice
Posted By: Ichabod Fighter

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 02:20 AM

Same here. I've had a camera, feeder, and a feeder motor stolen from me in Grayson County. Even though I haven't had anything stolen from me in 2 years everytime I go and check my feeder I always have this feeling that I'm going to walk up and it won't be there. Really takes he joy out of it sometimes.

My cameras take their photos from above now.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 02:33 AM

My camera cards have been taken twice this year. I trust my fellow leasers, but weekday poachers are hard to catch, maybe it's that Jeff guy. I am going to have to do the two camera thing, or get my own satellite.

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:05 AM

It was definitely Jeff. I hate that guy.

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:19 AM

We should find Jeff. Jeff should be punished.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:21 AM

I know a Jeff...I will kick him in the nuts for you

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:26 AM

I would prefer to do it myself, but it might be more convenient for me to take you up on that offer. Thanks. Please hit both square.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveDave
I would prefer to do it myself, but it might be more convenient for me to take you up on that offer. Thanks. Please hit both square.

I will let you know how it goes. Pretty sure there are two Jeff's that work at the Walmart here in town. I will kick them square for good measure too...just in case up

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:32 AM

I know a Jeff. 'Known him since 6th grade. I don't think it's him. But, he got herpes freshman year of college and, I saw him last week (34 years later) and he still has pimples on his face. Never married. And...wait for it...lives with his mother. Does that help?
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 03:45 AM

Sucks.. I had one stolen last yr.

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/19/14 04:03 AM

Creek, I am sure you're right. It's probably not him. But, it sounds like he needs a nut stomping also. Please punt away.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/20/14 02:40 AM

Had one stolen in Collin County on our family land this year but they didn't take stand or feeder. I started mounting my camera up in the tree with my hang on stand. When I leave I remove the steps. Unless they have their own steps they cannot get to it 15-20 feet in the air. I only do this over a feeder because pretty much everyone knows if there is a feeder these days there is probably a camera which is like ringing the dinner bell for a thief. A lot of times I will just pour feed on the ground and not use a feeder and bury my camera in the brush so if someone stumbles into the area they won't see it.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/20/14 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
I know a Jeff. 'Known him since 6th grade. I don't think it's him. But, he got herpes freshman year of college and, I saw him last week (34 years later) and he still has pimples on his face. Never married. And...wait for it...lives with his mother. Does that help?

A successful democrat!
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/20/14 01:16 PM

I like the idea of a game camera with remote storage.
Posted By: BTL

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/20/14 01:50 PM

Happen to me in Grayson as well. My setup is deep in the woods, so I ended up getting a cable lock and a camera lock box. It's kind of a pain when checking the cameras, but that thing is like fort knox and actually screws into the tree so it would take a whole lot to steal it.

Well worth the investment ($40). Here's a link:
http://store.camlockbox.com/2011-bushnell-trophy-cam-security-box-standard-duty-bundle/
Posted By: lenuelmp23

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/21/14 02:23 PM

Wow sounds like Grayson county is a hotbed of crime. It sucks to have stuff stolen. I like the 2 camera idea.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Camera Stolen - 12/21/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: n-all
Ive gone to covert black ops 3g att cameras..they have a code that you in put to it that only you know..its usless to the thief..put a lockable cable with it..if they dont have bolt cutters..no dice

There is also a code you can send that will cause the camera to send you it's lat and long. Surprise! I would like my camera back please.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum