Texas Hunting Forum

Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods.

Posted By: Curly

Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 03:43 PM

So what's the story on this here kitty?

Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 03:51 PM

that does look like a really good sized mountain lion.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 05:03 PM

popcorn
Posted By: browning_3248

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 05:42 PM

Chalk mountain outside of glen rose is what I heard.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 06:16 PM

cheers coolpics flag
Posted By: DeadRooster

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 06:23 PM

Man, that's a pretty animal.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 06:24 PM

That's one of those "can eat you" sized cats. Not a fan.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 06:53 PM

Pretty one!!!
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 07:05 PM

There was the post running about the "Heebie Jeebies" walking to your stand in the dark hours of the AM, how'd you like to have that silhoutte in between you and your stand? That is a nice sized cat.

Charlie
Posted By: dgilbert

Nice Cat - 12/08/14 08:37 PM

Killed in the Glen Rose area last week end, hmmm nice, male 110 lbs!

Posted By: John175 ®

Re: Nice Cat - 12/08/14 08:38 PM

I think it's a woman warden...looks to be 122lbs.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 08:57 PM

I heard it was 10 miles from Bluff Dale but not sure exactly where.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 09:16 PM

coolpics
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 10:02 PM

Sorry didn't see this thread, I combined.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 10:09 PM

I wonder if it was the same one that was videoed climbing the bleachers at Tiger Stadium few years back?
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 10:16 PM

Beautiful cat. Congrats to whomever. cheers If you look closely at paws you can see why they leave a 4" wide X 6" long print in muddy area. We have one that crosses pasture roads in several spots and leaves a big print if it wet.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/08/14 11:17 PM

Hey that's my neighbor! (the male GW)

It was out in the Chalk Mountain area (west of Glen Rose and south of Bluff Dale).
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 12:20 AM

round here we call those house cats.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 12:30 AM

Saw one similar in size on our property near Purvis.

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 12:31 AM

There's lots of cougars in the city limits of Dallas. wink
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 01:09 AM

It was shot by a guy deer hunting around Fossil Rim west of Glen Rose. It just wandered by during the day and he shot it. First one reported killed in Somervell county in 30 years.
Posted By: RCTX

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 02:46 AM

Impossible. I've on this forum long enough to know that it's a FACT that there are NO mountain lions in Texas east of the Pecos regardless of what any of us have seen or heard. grin
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Curly

And I've seen some a lot nastier then that puddy tat. I was almost ambushed by one very late at night.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/09/14 04:24 AM

That ain't no joke roflmao
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Nice Cat - 12/09/14 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Killed in the Glen Rose area last week end, hmmm nice, male 110 lbs!

Naughty kitty!

Re: Nice Cat - 12/09/14 05:06 AM

Erathkid asked me to post the pic.
I didn't know there was another thread out there for it.
My bad.

Re: Nice Cat - 12/09/14 06:33 PM

I guess ol' Erathkid's busy hunting? confused2
Posted By: WingnutHC

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 06:11 AM

We had a large cat seen on our lease last week. 20+ turkey at the feeder and the cat was sittings 20yds from the feeder just watching the birds.... We hunt in northeast Val Verde county in Juno. Sure will make that walking in and out in the dark more interesting!

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 09:34 AM

Story:

http://theflashtoday.com/2014/12/09/the-...n-erath-county/
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: browning_3248
The Somervell county Sheriff sent me the pic. It's for real. A guy that hunts close to us shot it sunday morning near 'Chalk mountain'. He called the GW, who came out to look at it. I've always heard they were around here, this proves it. Funny, this seems to be the year of the big cats in Texas. Another guy whom I trust, has seen a big one at 'Mountain lakes' right outside Bluff Dale. Professional guy, who has no reason to make this up.

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
I wonder if it was the same one that was videoed climbing the bleachers at Tiger Stadium few years back?

I saw the video of that one. There was a $500 dollar bounty on it's head. Wonder if the bounty holds on this one? Maybe the Glen Rose tigers need to change their name to the 'cougars'.

Re: Nice Cat - 12/10/14 12:11 PM

I guess ol' Erathkid's busy hunting? confused2
Yesterday was a wash. Spent the night hunting hogs with a friend, a case of beer, an ar, a lb of tannerite. Boy that stuff is fun. Rolled in the house at 5:00am. OUCH!
Posted By: cp50948

Re: Nice Cat - 12/10/14 02:22 PM

Stephenville newspaper had a story on it. This time the location and story are actually true.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Nice Cat - 12/10/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: cp50948
Stephenville newspaper had a story on it. This time the location and story are actually true.

Don't suppose you have a link to the story?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: WingnutHC
We had a large cat seen on our lease last week. 20+ turkey at the feeder and the cat was sittings 20yds from the feeder just watching the birds.... We hunt in northeast Val Verde county in Juno. Sure will make that walking in and out in the dark more interesting!

And you didn't shoot it?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Novemberyet
Cool article.
Posted By: MUZZBUZZ

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/10/14 05:56 PM

Lots of them my good friend!!!
Posted By: Yellowhammer

Re: Nice Cat - 12/10/14 07:17 PM

Quote:
Don't suppose you have a link to the story?

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports...d99bc844fa.html
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Nice Cat - 12/10/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
The Somervell county Sheriff sent me the pic. It's for real. A guy that hunts close to us shot it sunday morning near 'Chalk mountain'. He called the GW, who came out to look at it. I've always heard they were around here, this proves it. Funny, this seems to be the year of the big cats in Texas. Another guy whom I trust, has seen a big one at 'Mountain lakes' right outside Bluff Dale. Professional guy, who has no reason to make this up.
Where there were dinosaurs there are mountain lions LOL.
Posted By: WingnutHC

Re: Erathkid...here's the big cat from your neck of the woods. - 12/11/14 01:15 AM

It was another member of our group that actually saw it. Right after he took the pic he hit the butt of his rifle on the side of the stand and the cat spooked before he could react. But me, I would have shot first and then taken all the pics I wanted!

Re: Nice Cat - 12/11/14 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Where there were dinosaurs there are mountain lions LOL.
Remnants of the last ice age.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum