Texas Hunting Forum

To shoot a cow?

Posted By: Gangly

To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:19 PM

The lease I am on is approximately 14k acres unfenced and is loaded with wildlife. I'm a meat hunter so it works out well for me as far as deer are concerned. However, I may hunt it 5 days a year because of work and family so the little time I get out there is important for me on a number of levels.

Problem:
There are wild cattle, hogs, a few wild horses, etc on the property that run up and down the river that runs through the property. These animals are feral, have lived there for the past 50 years since the prior owner of the property dissolved all ownership and released EVERYTHING. The cows are a nuisance and have begun tearing down feeders, wrecking food plots, and costing us a lot of money. I have purchased multiple feeders and hunting equipment as a result and its getting very costly very quick.

Last night I went to check on the feeders again and I spooked off 4 wild cows: 1 bull and three heifers from my feeder. They emptied out 300lbs (for a second time), but I managed to salvage the feeder.

I called the Lease Manager and he informed me that they have tried to round them up in the past but the woods/swamp are too thick and the dogs haven't been able to pin them. The LO could care less what happens to them and doesn't mind if we "remove" the cattle from the property as long as we don't leave carcasses laying about.

I'm thinking I could fill up a freezer and then some if I drop one of the older calves, but Im not sure how I feel about shooting a cow. I know it would be good meat, but jeez, its a cow, and there is no way I would be able to quarter and carve it out in the woods and make maximum use of it. I have no way of getting it out of the woods in time to save all the meat, I only have one ice chest and Im an hour away from the house so I know for a fact I wont be able to salvage it all. But man, 30 lbs of filet mignon sure sounds delicious.

So, I'm kind of in a conundrum. Do I:
Shoot a nuisance cow and take what meat I can, then remove the carcass?
Try to scare them off and hope they don't come back?
Do nothing and hope they eventually move off?

What are your thoughts?

Again, I have permission to "remove" them so that's not the issue, the issue is whether or not I should considering a) its a cow, and b) there will be wasted meat.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:22 PM

Look at the price of cattle right now and I bet you will find a way to get them in a trailer.
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:24 PM

Post a ad on craigslist for free cows and I bet you have a cowboy with a trailer there in a hurry.
Posted By: landsurveyor

I would do it in a heartbeat. No more meat to pack out than an elk or moose. May have to make two trips to the truck but would be well worth it in my opinion.
Posted By: Ricochet83

grill
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Look at the price of cattle right now and I bet you will find a way to get them in a trailer.

I'm willing to bet you can get a group of cowboys to haul them on the halves if they do all the wrangling. We sold two borderline downer cows a few weeks ago for $1200 each. It adds up in a hurry.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:27 PM

Wait for a cool or cold day and put one down. Then you would have time to work with the meat
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:27 PM

<<<<< Have gun, will travel! Let me know, and I'll come help you! I know a traveling butcher, and I would give him a call to meet me and be ready to process the meat. I'd schedule a time for him to be there and have the cow on the ground already. A head shot on a cow will maximize the take home meat. If you don't plan to sell them, I'd have no problem dropping a cow for the beef.
Posted By: txhunter64

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:28 PM

There are people who are in the business of capturing wild cattle. You don't say what area you are hunting in but if you check at the local feed store or livestock auction you will probably find some names/numbers. Personally I don't think shooting just one is going to fix your problem.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
I would do it in a heartbeat. No more meat to pack out than an elk or moose. May have to make two trips to the truck but would be well worth it in my opinion.

yep, and buy a couple more coolers.
Posted By: dee

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:32 PM

Sounds like you need a dart gun.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:41 PM

You can fit a calf in 2 150s no problem.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:49 PM

Shoot the cow but be ready for the rightful owner to coming looking for them...
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 07:54 PM

I'll shoot one of those baby cows right in the face for a freezer full of veal. Let me know the time and place.
Posted By: bhatx89

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 09:12 PM

lets see sirloin...rib eye...filet mingont...beef ribs...porter house.. food
Posted By: Western

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:00 PM

Damn str8!! A couple good cowboys on horseback and done deal.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:03 PM

As long as the ranch is low fence, I see nothing wrong with it.

wink
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:05 PM

I would get the landowners permission in writing.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:08 PM

I've dealt with this before and it can be frustrating. But, if you truly have permission to remove them, then you've got money in the bank. Bait them with corn or range cubes into a temporary pen then have them hauled to town and sold. Like the guy's above said, should be easy to find some cowboys to take this on for 50% of the take.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:21 PM

How many cows and where they located? Last calves we took to auction got over $350/100lbs. Even old pasture cows got $3/lb. I got a stock trailer, hotshot and portable coral for a decent cut. flag
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:24 PM

rifle
Posted By: redchevy

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:27 PM

People get cow sized animals off of mountains... come on try a little harder.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Gangly
The lease I am on is approximately 14k acres unfenced and is loaded with wildlife. I'm a meat hunter so it works out well for me as far as deer are concerned. However, I may hunt it 5 days a year because of work and family so the little time I get out there is important for me on a number of levels.

Problem:
There are wild cattle, hogs, a few wild horses, etc on the property that run up and down the river that runs through the property. These animals are feral, have lived there for the past 50 years since the prior owner of the property dissolved all ownership and released EVERYTHING. The cows are a nuisance and have begun tearing down feeders, wrecking food plots, and costing us a lot of money. I have purchased multiple feeders and hunting equipment as a result and its getting very costly very quick.

Last night I went to check on the feeders again and I spooked off 4 wild cows: 1 bull and three heifers from my feeder. They emptied out 300lbs (for a second time), but I managed to salvage the feeder.

I called the Lease Manager and he informed me that they have tried to round them up in the past but the woods/swamp are too thick and the dogs haven't been able to pin them. The LO could care less what happens to them and doesn't mind if we "remove" the cattle from the property as long as we don't leave carcasses laying about.

I'm thinking I could fill up a freezer and then some if I drop one of the older calves, but Im not sure how I feel about shooting a cow. I know it would be good meat, but jeez, its a cow, and there is no way I would be able to quarter and carve it out in the woods and make maximum use of it. I have no way of getting it out of the woods in time to save all the meat, I only have one ice chest and Im an hour away from the house so I know for a fact I wont be able to salvage it all. But man, 30 lbs of filet mignon sure sounds delicious.

What are your thoughts?

Again, I have permission to "remove" them so that's not the issue, the issue is whether or not I should considering a) its a cow, and b) there will be wasted meat.

I wouldn't with out land owner written consent... Even then if that's the neighbors cattle your still screwed

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

If you say so but I've butchered broken leg cattle. Big difference in 2K and 900lbs. Better hope it's a cold day

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I'm willing to bet you can get a group of cowboys to haul them on the halves if they do all the wrangling. We sold two borderline downer cows a few weeks ago for $1200 each. It adds up in a hurry.

I made a lot of money in college doing this...and cattle where a lot cheaper back then. God invented dart guns and corrals to wait out withdraw times for a reason

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

If you say so but I've butchered broken leg cattle. Big difference in 2K and 900lbs. Better hope it's a cold day

How big is your average cow? Seems like 2k would be awfully hi for a completely free range cow born and raised in the wild no supplemental feeding and no vaccinations. I gots a tractor and loader im not a skeerd.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 10:58 PM

Most likely those down south are big eared and go under 900 but... You never know.

But with out tractor no way I'm messing with it. Those rear quarters will be close to 200 lbs.. Lol

Plus grass feed/brush cattle taste like barf

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 11:01 PM

Being in Montgomery County, we dont get very cold weather and since it takes an hour to get from the entrance gate to my stand, multiple trips means ruined meat, especially in this heat.

I appreciate the input guys, and I'll most likely drop one if I see it. However, it's going to have to be a small calf that I can get out on my own.

As far as the property is concerned, only one side is fenced, the other sides are bordered by rivers/creeks.

Thanks again for the input guys, I appreciate it.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 11:02 PM

If I taste like barf the guess you probably don't like deer?

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 11:11 PM

If I taste like barf the guess you probably don't like deer?

Sausage and jerkey but that gets expensive making a cow into sausage.

Your prime cuts on a old wild cow will taste nothing like fed cattle

Posted By: Palehorse

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/05/14 11:30 PM

I'll bet you and the land owner could sell a hunt or two in the exotics section.
Posted By: ralph

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 12:10 AM

First, I would want to know what was on the other side of those "rivers/creeks" that border the 3 un-fenced sides of the property. Cattle will come and go across creeks and some rivers just as easily as we cross the street. And, "50 years" of feral cattle would produce a LOT of cattle that have to have gone somewhere over all those years!

If you can be sure the cattle don't belong to someone "across the creek", and depending on the total number, there is the possibility to make a lot of money. There will always be some cowboys willing to take on the challenge and someone whose dogs CAN do the job. Also, tranquilizer guns DO work and might be the easy answer.

It can take a lot of work but if you split the take 50-50, you should have somebody willing to spend a couple day on the chance they could make a couple thousand bucks.

Good luck.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: syncerus
As long as the ranch is low fence, I see nothing wrong with it.

wink

happy3 yep, those high fence cattle are way too tame! Lol
Posted By: chalet

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 01:50 AM

If my LO so go ahead and shoot a cow I'd have put a couple in the freezer by now.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 02:38 AM

Time to play the old Jerry Clower joke and take a buddy out, say you are ticked at the LO and going to shoot one of his cows, BLAM!!

Watch his face....
Posted By: swmays

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 02:49 AM

Blam! Blam! I got his horses. Let's get the he77 outa here
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 02:54 AM

LOL yeah that's the one...
Posted By: cos

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 02:57 AM

Invest in a tranquilzer gun and pull a couple into trailer, sell them and take money to meat market and probably have enough left over to pay for lease. Go to sale and watch them sell.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 03:38 AM

Used to work in a packing house and we butchered range cattle pretty often. They don't have much for fat and it's usually yellow orange color from them feeding on cactus and grass, and the carcass was sold to be ground into hamburger. A full grown cow won't weigh that much quartered. The eat whatever grasses and cactus they can find and aren't corn fed on a regular basis so your feeder doesn't count, so a hind quarter will weigh nowhere near 200 pounds, maybe 110 to 120 if it's a big mature cow.
Shoot a young one if looking for roasts and steaks, and even then they won't be all that great.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 03:42 AM

I've been on several places with feral cattle. The first one, we actually sold a few "cow hunts" LOL. Better have your stuff together, knives/saws/lots of big coolers & ice/tarps/& plenty of help. We were way off the beaten path & wasn't easy in the heat. The second place is a place I hunt on now. Had several cows & a few calves that belonged to none of the neighbors & were wild as heck. I really wanted to shoot a couple, had the green light to do so. Was putting the whole thing together with the work party/tractor/coolers/meat grinders etc...was gonna grind almost everything into burger and split between several families and some needy folks in the area. Ranch Foreman changed his mind & wanted to try & trap them first so...set a giant trap for them in the corral and after a while finally caught them and took them to auction. Sometimes I wish I didn't have trapping skills bang I wanted to pop a calf or two for my family freezer at least ...oh well grin
Posted By: therancher

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 04:05 AM

I guess several of you haven't heard. Grass fed is all the rage, even draws a premium price. It still sounds fishy to me. Cattle rustling still carrys stiff penalties. Hope your landowner isn't using you as a pawn in a neighbor feud. The estray law protects livestock from dying for no other sin than tresspassing.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 04:40 AM

No rustling going on here. All of the neighbors are family. LO calls around, no claims on the cattle. The neighbors call around, not their cows. They are fair game. No brands, no tags, on your property...they are yours. It is obvious when they are wild cows. Had a bull bust our fence two weeks ago & was/is on our property. Pretty obvious he belonged to the rancher next door. Walked the fence last Sunday, found where he is crossing onto our place and we are working with him to catch his bull so he can get him back.
Posted By: SakoHunter84

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 05:10 AM

Once cattle get feral like that it's hard to load them or tame them. They inbreed and get all throwed off, like Arkansas folk.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 05:20 AM

Wondering if it might be simpler for you to fence your feeders to keep the cows out vs trying to get rid of them? It is a hunting lease. I have hunted a couple of places the feeders were fenced which kept cattle out but not deer. The deer either jump it or go under.

Taking a few off won't change much, You would need a whole posse of TFF folks to get all of them which might not be that great an idea.
Posted By: Kae006

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 06:02 AM

Being in Montgomery County, we dont get very cold weather and since it takes an hour to get from the entrance gate to my stand, multiple trips means ruined meat, especially in this heat.

I appreciate the input guys, and I'll most likely drop one if I see it. However, it's going to have to be a small calf that I can get out on my own.

As far as the property is concerned, only one side is fenced, the other sides are bordered by rivers/creeks.

Thanks again for the input guys, I appreciate it.

14k acres in Montgomery County? Where the hell are you at out here? If you need some help putting that meat to use shoot me a PM, I'll bring my knife!
Posted By: KG68

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 03:36 PM

Holy Cow. grin
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 04:48 PM

scratch some good info here. chance ta take a real wild cow figure it would be just s good as store bought. confused2 must be my english. gots kin that buy cow & butcher it them selves ta save money. best wishes what ever ya do. my 2cents i got cheap posts flag
Posted By: splash556

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 05:52 PM

If you shoot it are you going to do a euro or shoulder mount?

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: splash556
If you shoot it are you going to do a euro or shoulder mount?
walking scratch or de udder end rofl bolt flag

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
No rustling going on here. All of the neighbors are family. LO calls around, no claims on the cattle. The neighbors call around, not their cows. They are fair game. No brands, no tags, on your property...they are yours. It is obvious when they are wild cows. Had a bull bust our fence two weeks ago & was/is on our property. Pretty obvious he belonged to the rancher next door. Walked the fence last Sunday, found where he is crossing onto our place and we are working with him to catch his bull so he can get him back.

One small metal Bruc tag.... And that's all she wrote....
Posted By: cos

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 07:13 PM

Pens around feeders is best idea yet!!!

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: cos
Pens around feeders is best idea yet!!!
cheers works on hogs & a cow easier ta trap. bail hay, range cubs corn. anchous ta see how they handlle it. flag
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 07:57 PM

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

14k Acres in Montgomery county!?! Please tell me where this is at, i have lived here my entire life, and didn't realize there was a piece of land that big left around here.

But like BOBO and others have said, build you a corral, feed'em up and wait them out, then load them up and haul them out of there. I can get some hands together and help you out for a cut.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Stickchunker

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

14k Acres in Montgomery county!?! Please tell me where this is at, i have lived here my entire life, and didn't realize there was a piece of land that big left around here.

But like BOBO and others have said, build you a corral, feed'em up and wait them out, then load them up and haul them out of there. I can get some hands together and help you out for a cut.
scratch k=1,000 right? hate it whin they went metric flag

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

scratch so if i goes ta de lumba store & tells em i wants some kellogs dey gona gives me 1,000 e-logs flag
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 08:24 PM

food rifle
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 08:54 PM

I thought you had a problem! loser8
Posted By: swmays

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 09:29 PM

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

scratch so if i goes ta de lumba store & tells em i wants some kellogs dey gona gives me 1,000 e-logs flag

Hey colt.45 - what's the first derivative of wild cow?

Prime Rib

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/06/14 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: swmays

Prime Rib
scratch i'm not good with algebra flag
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/07/14 12:53 AM

Prime Rib

roflmao

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/07/14 02:09 AM

Prime Rib
cheers ya one night we was out thar doing some cow tip-in & one gots dis bright i deer ta puts a bra on one. offtopic flag

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/07/14 02:16 AM

Prime Rib
cheers ya one night we was out thar doing some cow tip-in & one gots dis bright i deer ta puts a bra on one. offtopic flag
scratch twas n me prime back then, broke thee ribs, ya it derivative that cow wild flag

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/07/14 02:32 AM

Prime Rib
scratch twas n me prime back then, broke thee ribs, ya it derivative that cow wild flag
wife aunt Sue wasn't too far pleased ta see her new fangled bra streached out like that none ether next morning flag
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/07/14 02:54 AM

Been there, Done that!

I would have no problem taking one of the cows for the meat. If you decide to go that way- let me know. I have a pretty tight work schedule, but could be there ASAP.
Posted By: schmellba99

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 04:30 PM

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

Was thinking the same thing - didn't realize there was that much contiguous undeveloped land in Montgomery County that wasn't NF land. My guess is that it is the area just north and slightly west of Humble that has the San Jacinto running through it, and Spring Creek on the southern border. That's about the only area that fits the bill.

I'll help the OP out!

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: schmellba99

Problem:

What are your thoughts?

Was thinking the same thing - didn't realize there was that much contiguous undeveloped land in Montgomery County that wasn't NF land. My guess is that it is the area just north and slightly west of Humble that has the San Jacinto running through it, and Spring Creek on the southern border. That's about the only area that fits the bill.

I'll help the OP out!

Yup.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 05:43 PM

Gotta be around Bender Pasture, and if that's the case, i am pretty sure those are Lee Cattle Company cows!
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 06:22 PM

Why would you worry about killing deer when you can kill ribeye on the hoof?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 07:51 PM

First, I would get the land owners permission "In Writing," that I could remove the cattle and then do as others have suggested and go to local auction and find me some cowboys with a trailer. With the current price of cattle, you would most likely be able to pay for your lease for many years to come if you go 50/50 with the cowboys. Heck, they are even solving you problem so a 40/60 split would be fine for me. As others have stated, killing one cow is not going to help your problem at all.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/08/14 07:59 PM

I don't know whats out there any more than any of the rest of us, but from what I get out of what the op says these are cattle that are "feral" like feral hogs. I doubt your average coral would contain them.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/09/14 06:48 AM

Shoot em at the feeder, winch em up on a trailer, take em to the butcher.

Get a group together to split the processing.

I'd have no problem dropping a cow.
Posted By: rarjar

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/09/14 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck

Just so you know, you should check with your local processor first. I know from experience that a number of processors will not take cattle for butchering unless they are alive when they arrive. Unless it is some Texas regulation I'm not sure why, especially since they take deer and hogs dead.
Posted By: Piper354

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/09/14 12:47 PM

When I lived in Alaska I had to plan on possibly harvesting a 1500 pound bull moose if the chance came. It did not, but people do it all the time many miles from civilization with minimal tools and equiptment.

Beef taste good........

Mike
Posted By: KG68

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/09/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: rarjar
Originally Posted By: BradyBuck

Just so you know, you should check with your local processor first. I know from experience that a number of processors will not take cattle for butchering unless they are alive when they arrive. Unless it is some Texas regulation I'm not sure why, especially since they take deer and hogs dead.

Most are equipped to handle heavy carcasses on the kill floor only and not for handling unloading of dead animals. Deer are lighter and can be handled by employees.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/09/14 03:50 PM

Here is an idea....

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/embed/lly8BBGidJQ[/flash]

Click the link, I can't figure out how to embed the file here...

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 05:07 AM

cheers cool video flag
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 02:40 PM

I don't know whats out there any more than any of the rest of us, but from what I get out of what the op says these are cattle that are "feral" like feral hogs. I doubt your average coral would contain them.
Yeah, our 'tame' Brangus bull terrorized his way out of an 8' tall oilfield pipe corral. Some T-posts and a few cattle panels aren't even going to begin to keep these guys in if they don't want to stay. I doubt even the portable corrals will hold them for long.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 02:57 PM

Actually that helicopter idea has some merit. If you catch at least one you'll cover the fuel bill. After that you'd be in pure profit. But would take giant cahones to hang off that strut and rope the things.
Posted By: FinancialPlanner

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
I guess several of you haven't heard. Grass fed is all the rage, even draws a premium price. It still sounds fishy to me. Cattle rustling still carrys stiff penalties. Hope your landowner isn't using you as a pawn in a neighbor feud. The estray law protects livestock from dying for no other sin than tresspassing.

Advertise in Austin for "grass fed beef" and you can retire off what you make selling it to all the Californians who have moved here in recent months! I am generalizing, but many obviously have no taste. confused2
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dee
Sounds like you need a dart gun.
yep
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/11/14 09:03 PM

Need a cow, elk that is? These were on the Ruidoso elementary school grounds last Sunday. I did spot one bull in the bunch, a youngster, he is in about t e middle of herd.

Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/12/14 02:12 AM

Pm me, could have a helicopter and ground crew there to solve your problem in no time. grin
Posted By: Believer

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/12/14 03:12 AM

PM me. I have a freezer trailer custom built for the ministry. It will hold 11,000 lbs and freeze to 0.... won't be losing any meat.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/12/14 05:25 PM

Heli hunting for cattle? I don't see why not.

Re: To shoot a cow? - 12/13/14 04:00 AM

confused2 looks like ya gots lots of help. send Believer a pm. he's feeding thousands with catching hogs, throw in some beef up best wishes keep us posted flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum