Texas Hunting Forum

Curious Buck

Posted By: 603Country

Curious Buck - 11/30/14 09:22 PM

For the last week or so I've been reloading. Today was for the 270, and when I was finished I did a little shooting. Probably 15 rounds or so, on my 100 yard range. I put some of my stuff away and walked over to the house to watch a little football. No sooner did I sit down than my wife says there's a big buck looking at your targets. I grabbed some binocs and looked out the window and he was still there and looking pretty much at the white paper targets. Then he looked over toward the shooting bench. Then he jumped the fence and was gone. I guess, since he was in no hurry to leave, that my shooting didn't impress him much.

The other thing is that he's a cull buck. Rack is wild looking, with 6 or 7 points, but nothing you'd ever put on the wall or even keep in the barn. House rules are that no deer are shot inside the boundary fence around the house and 10 or 12 acres, and my wife was loudly against me taking that cull buck. Anyway, all I had at hand was the 223 with those new 64 gr BSB Noslers, and everybody knows that's not enough gun. :-)
Posted By: therock

Re: Curious Buck - 11/30/14 10:02 PM

I guess he reads on the forum too that a 223 can't possibly be a deer gun and knew he was safe!!
Posted By: Bowmaster

Re: Curious Buck - 12/01/14 12:32 AM

My son just smoked a doe at 157 yrds with his 223 Rossi. He is only 9 yrs old. Devastated that doe. 55 grain.
cheers
Posted By: Bowmaster

Re: Curious Buck - 12/01/14 12:34 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...2699&type=1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum