Texas Hunting Forum

Worst live thread ever

Posted By: cmc

Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 01:29 PM

im in Jack county for a few days by myself I got shotguns, rifles, bows, fox pro, decoys, calls everything so I'll do a live thread for the working guys. Don't expect much my place is like a day care center, it's just mommas and babies but I don't care. I only got service in a couple spots but this one of em. Last night I seen three little bucks bowhunting but no shot this morning with a rifle I got this guy eating at the food plot.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 01:31 PM

Sweet

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 01:34 PM

My view out the side window. Food plot is looking good.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 01:36 PM

good luck!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 01:42 PM

Good Looking Plot Chris up
Good luck man, smoke something good
Posted By: Western

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Good Looking Plot Chris up
Good luck man, smoke something good

Agree with the 1st part up

A little confused by the 2nd confused2 "smoke something good"? Scooter? roflmao

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 02:29 PM

Now the time of morning every coffee drinking deer hunter faces, the dilemma of when, or where, or if to get rid of the coffee you drank at daylight. I'm 6'4 this stand was built by a guy who is 5'8 so standing up to free Willie is difficult at best, now I can get out but this is thick thick brush and deer can be on you fast, I know I've been caught here with my pants down. I have no problem going out the window as I pee in scrapes all the time and have deer come back but it's a frosty morning and this window seal is square tubing, you sure wouldn't want to let that little feller touch that. You think Ralphie had problems when he stuck his tongue to the flag pole? The last thing I need is to be ducked down with legs splayed out looking like a giraffe trying to get a drink to line everything up and then stick to the window. How would you get that off, pour hot coffee on it? I don't know if the risk is worth the reward maybe a deer will show up and I can shoot then get out.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 02:40 PM

Crack the door and let in rain, don't over think this, we will work through it LOL

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 02:42 PM

BTW: Would you want to come out, if someone was threatening to stick your head on a froze piece of metal, like you're a piece of velcro? grin
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 02:46 PM

Take a large empty bottle to the stand.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
Now the time of morning every coffee drinking deer hunter faces, the dilemma of when, or where, or if to get rid of the coffee you drank at daylight. I'm 6'4 this stand was built by a guy who is 5'8 so standing up to free Willie is difficult at best, now I can get out but this is thick thick brush and deer can be on you fast, I know I've been caught here with my pants down. I have no problem going out the window as I pee in scrapes all the time and have deer come back but it's a frosty morning and this window seal is square tubing, you sure wouldn't want to let that little feller touch that. You think Ralphie had problems when he stuck his tongue to the flag pole? The last thing I need is to be ducked down with legs splayed out looking like a giraffe trying to get a drink to line everything up and then stick to the window. How would you get that off, pour hot coffee on it? I don't know if the risk is worth the reward maybe a deer will show up and I can shoot then get out.

roflmao
Posted By: Payne

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:05 PM

very nice plot, good luck

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:06 PM

Crisis averted, I just pee'd in my empty thermos, I'm kidding.............it wasn't empty. No really, thanks to the squirrels fighting I took my mind off it.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:18 PM

Wheew, we got through that then, now lets chute sumptin.

BTW how much rain did you get out there on that plot?, I only got.85 and my plot responded big time.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:18 PM

Is that running water I hear....

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:20 PM

I thought it was a heavy down pour of rain, might of been a waterfall though. let me think about it..
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:26 PM

Made me need to go. I'm back now

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Wheew, we got through that then, now lets chute sumptin.

BTW how much rain did you get out there on that plot?, I only got.85 and my plot responded big time.

Poured 2" out of the gauge when I opened the gate yesterday.

I'm bored but know where a big drake merganser has been hanging out eating my crawdads so I'm gonna go sling some arrows at him and cook some food.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:38 PM

2" should do wonders up

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:41 PM

I meant smoke something with his Bow Western bang
I just pee out the door and thow cans at the does to make them leave...I know one thing, I bet Wildman aint wearing camo rofl

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:43 PM

I meant smoke something with his Bow Western bang
I just pee out the door and thow cans at the does to make them leave...I know one thing, I bet Wildman aint wearing camo rofl

I know scooter stir Just check'n to see if you made it to Salt Grass yet scared grin
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 03:45 PM

So you shoot the 6?

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:07 PM

I didn't shoot him, that don't mean I won't by the time I leave.

My hat is camo and I made it.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:14 PM

CMC, I'm jealous of the food plot. Two of mine are doing OK but three of them just couldn't take the lack of rain after they came up. I swear the rain just parts when it gets to my place until this last one of course even then I'm looking at the radar and when we should be getting hammered it wasn't even sprinkling.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:32 PM

Y'all smell that? Potato onion charizo and egg. Peeing out the window maybe the least of my worries for evening hunt.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:36 PM

that'll do the trick
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:41 PM

confused2 U already got 23 posts. rofl it got my live threads beat. violin an the beat goes on i got cheap posts. they worth bout 2cents got a wooden buckle once, yagh thought I's hit the big time. dueling with this android tis like a vanquilatrest act, we all know who the dummy is. it make me look dummer than i realy am debate still out on that. 2outa3 disagree. flag
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:44 PM

Y'all smell that? Potato onion charizo and egg. Peeing out the window maybe the least of my worries for evening hunt.

One of my favorites right there but on a toasty corn tortilla/add cheese & jalapenos. food

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:48 PM

food
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 04:56 PM

I had a chorizo, egg, potato & cheese burrito this morning too, good stuff. Hope you whack something!

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 05:00 PM

Chris party of one your seat is ready, Chris the guy who must stink real bad cause he has no hunting buddies your seat is ready.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 05:35 PM

Chris party of one your seat is ready, Chris the guy who must stink real bad cause he has no hunting buddies your seat is ready.

WOW, howed U know i'm $hitten here at me favorete blind. can U smell what's peaken threw de quarter-moon flush its just a humble hut, but its door is never shut. man it stinks. back best wishes. flag
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 06:54 PM

I'd take a cpl extra tortillas with you to the stand this afternoon.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 06:56 PM

roflmao

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45

WOW, howed U know i'm $hitten here at me favorete blind. can U smell what's peaken threw de quarter-moon flush its just a humble hut, but its door is never shut. man it stinks. back best wishes. flag

location, location, location. scratch should have put this post in the what county am i in thread. cause no one gives a crap. confused2 i got cheap posts flag
Posted By: Deer Junky

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
roflmao
I wasn't sure if we were looking at pre or post burrito...

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 08:53 PM

Back in stand hoping the guts hold up after the abuse this morning. I had to fix a leak on a roof of a bow blind and as Im walking out of nowhere an 8 point comes running by at about 75 yards, mouth open tongue out but I never seen a doe so I was wondering if he was running from something or after so I grunted at him and he turned on a dime head down and came right me. I didn't want to shoot him but at 30 yards I was wondering if I was gonna have too so I whistled real loud and he stopped at about 25 and stared at me gasping for air. I looked all a round for another deer or coyote or anything but seen nothing. He finally turned and off he went full speed again. Rut here is usually first of November, in fact two weeks ago I was rattling up deer but I guess if a doe is in she's in. Anyway on the way out I stopped at a tree stand feeder and it was cleaned up with evidence of swine this morning but the wind is wrong. Luckily there's an old rifle stand that's half rootten out that I can draw a bow in and on the right side for wind. It's 39 yards to the feeder so I went to camp and shot my 40 yard pin and I'm hitting 2" squares so I'm gonna try it if this floor will hold me up.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Deer Junky
Originally Posted By: rifleman
roflmao
I wasn't sure if we were looking at pre or post burrito...

roflmao

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:09 PM

Shoot the 6!
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:11 PM

sweet ride!

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Shoot the 6!

He was here last night but out of bow range. Just for you if he gets in range I will kill him.
Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
sweet ride!

Thanks man.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:23 PM

Shoot the 6!

He was here last night but out of bow range. Just for you if he gets in range I will kill him.
Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
sweet ride!

Thanks man.
clap

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 09:55 PM

Here's the view basically looks like this 360* and as bonus there several large pecan trees in bow range and I have no objections to shooting squirrels in the face with a Thunderhead.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 10:02 PM

Shoot the 6!

Peer Pressure roflmao

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 10:03 PM

Nate ever hunt in that water pit you dug in the ground? Love that blind man
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 10:05 PM

Good luck.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 10:32 PM

Nate ever hunt in that water pit you dug in the ground? Love that blind man

Yes sir he's stacking em up outta that, he's already killed a couple deer and couple turkeys this year.

Nav I think your 6 has something on his mind. I just seen a doe shoot by and what appeared to be your boy steady behind her.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/25/14 11:22 PM

If you don't smoke that 6 Nav will whine like a little girl

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 12:07 AM

He walked by at 70 yards, if does that crap again I'm gonna ask Nav to come shoot him in the face with a rifle.

Now my wife questioning whether or not I can bring home any meat. She says "we only got like 15 packs of meat left. I looked at her and said "you see this" I was gonna point at my crotch but I pointed at my beard and said "this means I'm a man I will feed this family" she said "that's cute, I can't eat a beard." I knew I should've went with the crotch. Any way I leave for michigan in a few weeks to kill some of their deer so maybe tomorrow I'll shoot him with a rifle. I don't want to but he's mocking me now, I've seen him four times.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 12:26 AM

He walked by at 70 yards, if does that crap again I'm gonna ask Nav to come shoot him in the face with a rifle.

Now my wife questioning whether or not I can bring home any meat. She says "we only got like 15 packs of meat left. I looked at her and said "you see this" I was gonna point at my crotch but I pointed at my beard and said "this means I'm a man I will feed this family" she said "that's cute, I can't eat a beard." I knew I should've went with the crotch. Any way I leave for michigan in a few weeks to kill some of their deer so maybe tomorrow I'll shoot him with a rifle. I don't want to but he's mocking me now, I've seen him four times.

roflmao rofl rofl

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 12:45 AM

Posted By: Shawheel

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 01:12 AM

^ This guy's hilarious. You should write for a living.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

roflmao rofl rofl

Bahah!

Wait I got a tag don't turn me loose

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Shawheel

He missed his calling for sure ....

http://cafesandcampfires.com/

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 02:36 AM

He missed his calling for sure ....

http://cafesandcampfires.com/

I'm thinking he looks like a cross between Jesus/Moses/Nirvana.....but I like his style up cheers roflmao
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 11:25 AM

X2

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 12:19 PM

We are going live!! Operation "Nav6" is under way. I seen him sneak through last night on the way to the neighbors wheat field so I'm hoping he spent the night there chasing the ladies around so he will be tired and real slow so maybe I can hit him with a gun. I'd be better off he showed up at 30 yards when I had my bow I think.

Glad you boys are entertained, this live thread stuff ain't so bad.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 12:57 PM

Little fork just can by in bow range, for the last two days he's had a spike with him so I get ready for the spike but of course he's not around.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 01:47 PM

Good luck today, it may go down in an instant eeks333
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 01:51 PM

popcorn

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 01:56 PM

I'm in deer terrorists mode and I'm in the area the subject was last seen. I've made visual contact with several of his closets acquaintances within the last hour.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 02:22 PM

Might be a good time to launch a drone.......................

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Might be a good time to launch a drone.......................

I don't have it here but if I thought it would help Id go get it.

Five doe just filtered through but no buck with em.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 02:56 PM

popcorn
Posted By: East

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 03:00 PM

popcorn

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 03:17 PM

Rattling may be a long shot, hail mary? With some doe P and Indian corn.. grin Early yet though, I have had a few bucks still showing up around 10-11am on TC

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 03:48 PM

Gotta go get corn, it's kinda like Indian corn. I buy it from Rajesh at allsups he's Indian I think.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 04:46 PM

Gotta go get corn, it's kinda like Indian corn. I buy it from Rajesh at allsups he's Indian I think.

rofl

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 04:59 PM

clap Close enough! Have the "curry" smell does it? rofl
Posted By: PWT

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 05:15 PM

rofl

roflmao

And another plug for cafés and campfires up good stuff
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 05:19 PM

OOH! "Curry corn"

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
OOH! "Curry corn"

Brings'em in for miles!!

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 06:44 PM

popcorn your too modest cmc. have peeped in on few of de posts. looks like all haven good time. best wishes ta all flag

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/26/14 09:39 PM

Well this has been an exciting couple hours. I went and knocked out enough breakfast for two men at the Green Frog and then a buddy from Grand Prairie calls, his daughter would like to sit in on a deer hunt so they showed up. I wanted to get early since walking in three deep and one of us smelling quite fragrant we needed all the chance in the woods we could get. We got in at 2:31 at 2:35 here comes a black pig, I can't believe it and I know I dont stand a chance with a .250 in this brush but I pic a spot I think I can sneak one through but he smells the Chanel No.5 or whatever 16 year old girls wear and bolts. I hit him in the top of the back about half way down and bolt another. He does a little spin and I hit him again right between the shoulder blades he does another spin and he's off to the races. I looked until just now but it's really thick. I'm gonna try again tomorrow but hopefully I haven't messed the deer up too bad.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 01:06 AM

I suck with a rifle and proved it once again today. How the hell do you not kill a pig at 90 yards with a rifle? Anyway the girl is back to the city with a story to tell about how the vanilla Jesus, that's what they called me, shot up all his bullets and the pig ran off. Oh well I hunt better alone that way I can make up the story anyway I want. Check in tomorrow for the last installment. I'm going back to the food plot where the "6" was feeding in the mornings and will shoot a spotted fawn right off the teat at this point.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 05:10 AM

Go get that 6, vanilla Jesus.roflmao

Tomorrow's a new day, hope you find that pig.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 12:26 PM

We are right back where this whole mess started, right where I took the pic of the 6 a few days ago. I need a deer, my wife is threatening to go to Kroger and buy hamburger meat, 16 year old girls are laughing at my shooting, and my own kid tells me he wished he was here cause he would've hit that pig in the ear. Something needs to die this morning!!

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 12:32 PM

roflmao

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 12:34 PM

Good luck

No Pressure

rifle deer

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 01:22 PM

Operation "Nav6" complete.
I had a deer I call Thunderneck pass through at daylight, me and him go way back, but he didn't stick around. I was hoping he would come back but he's kinda my old friend and I got stories for days about him. Then "Nav6" shows up so I gotta decision to make, take out my old friend if he comes back or make the Internet community full of people I don't even know proud. Congratulations Internet people you won! Nav6 is down in sight and now my wife will stay outta Kroger and the teenage girls of Grand Prairie can once again claim they know a guy that kills animals not just shoots at em.

There's a few doe hanging out so if I gotta clean deer it may as well be a pile. Pics to follow.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 01:53 PM

cheers grillen & chillen time HT flag

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 02:20 PM

Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 02:28 PM

up conrats

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 02:37 PM

Whoot!!! Saved your street cred man roflmao up

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 02:45 PM

Nav just started crying sitting in a Duck Blind roflmao

Who hunts Ducks during Deer Season bang

Nav Does ..crying shame !!
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 02:49 PM

Operation "Nav6" complete.
I had a deer I call Thunderneck pass through at daylight, me and him go way back, but he didn't stick around. I was hoping he would come back but he's kinda my old friend and I got stories for days about him. Then "Nav6" shows up so I gotta decision to make, take out my old friend if he comes back or make the Internet community full of people I don't even know proud. Congratulations Internet people you won! Nav6 is down in sight and now my wife will stay outta Kroger and the teenage girls of Grand Prairie can once again claim they know a guy that kills animals not just shoots at em.

There's a few doe hanging out so if I gotta clean deer it may as well be a pile. Pics to follow.

rofl Nicely done

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 03:15 PM

Nav just started crying sitting in a Duck Blind roflmao

Who hunts Ducks during Deer Season bang

Nav Does ..crying shame !!

SMH, boy's been around to much Diesel grin

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 03:22 PM

Nicely done Vanilla Jesus

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 05:33 PM

clap Congrats, great play by play throughout.
Posted By: swmays

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 06:30 PM

VJ is my hero! Well done.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 07:54 PM

Funny stuff!

Maybe you should come see me when you're done hunting. peep

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 09:11 PM

Well this thread is officially over, thanks for playing along. I had to make an appearance in civilization and after four days of camping in the woods Im sure I smell like a billy goats ball sack so here's the final pics.

Makes em look bigger without ears. That wood is 10" across per piece by the way. bolt

Backwoods deer terrorist.

I turned him every way but lose trying to make him look bigger but you just can't make a little deer look too good.

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/27/14 09:36 PM

Hold him out front about 4 ft you got long arms roflmao

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/28/14 02:50 AM

Very nice!!! This made my day when I got a pic this morning!! Congrats man and glad I could be the little devil on your shoulder peep
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/28/14 03:09 AM

up
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/28/14 05:03 AM

Contrary to the title, this has been one of the more interesting and comical LIVE threads in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: East

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/28/14 05:55 PM

lmao Vanilla Jesus

at least your got em, congrats bud
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/28/14 11:08 PM

cheers

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/29/14 04:20 PM

cheers great thread. hunting with family & friends & good times. mine ain't worth 2cents rofl i have cheap posts. best wishes cmc flag

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/30/14 03:29 PM

Hold him out front about 4 ft you got long arms roflmao

scratch that just make his arms look bigger flag
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Worst live thread ever - 11/30/14 03:54 PM

Great thread roflmao

Congrats on the buck too up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Worst live thread ever - 12/01/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin