Texas Hunting Forum

Well this is not good.......

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:30 PM

From friends trail cam on the lease.......FWIW the rest of the pics indicate the deer got away!

It ain't black....guess we may be doing some night hunting!

Before you ask, this is just S. of Antelope. You Jack County hunters keep your eyes open...
Posted By: KG68

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:43 PM

eek2 bolt
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:44 PM

I'm hearing the theme from Jaws. That's a really neat picture.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:48 PM

worthless all it shows tis blue square with a ? mark in d middle. dueling with android. tis a conspiracy i tell ya . guessing it a pic of mnt. lion. stay safe, best wishes flag
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:49 PM

Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 08:50 PM

Awesome pic. Be even better if y'all get a chance to shoot it.
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:01 PM

Hunt just north Jacksboro on 59, a buddy shot a deer two years ago that had fresh claw marks down its back they still bleeding. Never seen the cat or had photos of it.

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
worthless all it shows tis blue square with a ? mark in d middle. dueling with android. tis a conspiracy i tell ya . guessing it a pic of mnt. lion. stay safe, best wishes flag

Yep!

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Awesome pic. Be even better if y'all get a chance to shoot it.

That's gonna be one expensive kitty if I shoot it.......I'm thinkin' I'd have to have that mounted!
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:13 PM

bolt
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Originally Posted By: colt.45

Yep!

SAFE hunting. some good NV or Thermal Vission be nice. flag
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:34 PM

My buddy has a lease in antelope they've been seeing tracks for a couple of years now but never laid eyes on one yet
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/22/14 09:53 PM

That's a really cool pic. Always be prepared.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 01:03 AM

I personally would see that as good news. I would love to take a mountain lion in Texas. A rare trophy. I'm just not sure how you would go about hunting one without a pack of hounds though. Anyone ever had one come to a predator call?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 01:15 AM

Good luck HnF. up
Posted By: TxHunter18

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 01:22 AM

looks like a deers back to me..
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I personally would see that as good news. I would love to take a mountain lion in Texas. A rare trophy. I'm just not sure how you would go about hunting one without a pack of hounds though. Anyone ever had one come to a predator call?

Yes they have been successful but all that was found was a huge pile of cat scat with a plastic call in it.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 01:39 AM

Quote:

You don't think it is a mountain lion with a thyroid weight issue and a deer-like flattened tail? scared
Posted By: Brad W

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 02:14 AM

I hunt in antelope right off 187. We've been seeing tracks and have found a couple of kills. How far south of antelope are you? based on the tracks there is a female with a a cub or two.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 03:08 AM

Looks like a corn fed doe with her head down to me.

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:

You don't think it is a mountain lion with a thyroid weight issue and a deer-like flattened tail? scared

I can see where one might think that but.....

Nope! The pic is just one frame of a group, but the others weren't that good cause the break & run starts right there. Actually the first deer has already run and the second one under the feeder is starting to bolt. Kitty is squatted with head down & tail low & back (down off the pic) creeping/stalking through grass that is about 18" to 2 feet tall around a small clump of trees.

He/She/It just happened to creep out "right under & slightly beside" the small tree where the camera is mounted.....We've been seeing tracks and my friend finally put out a camera. I think it's just a medium sized kitty (camera angle & distance is deceiving) putting a stalk on 2 deer.

Originally Posted By: jetdad
Originally Posted By: Palehorse

Yes they have been successful but all that was found was a huge pile of cat scat with a plastic call in it.

rofl

Originally Posted By: Brad W
I hunt in antelope right off 187. We've been seeing tracks and have found a couple of kills. How far south of antelope are you? based on the tracks there is a female with a a cub or two.

We're closer to 2190, but that's well within the range of a cat - Females can range 20 to 100 miles!
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 03:54 AM

We had a deer that got shot several years ago that we couldn't find that night. We went back the next day and found it buried and it's front shoulder had been eaten. We were in the neighbors property with no weapons, we backed out very quickly.
Posted By: Western

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

That's what I'm talking about!!

Go get'em H&F!!
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 02:46 PM

I need to see other pics because that looks like a deer to me.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 08:27 PM

I'm about 5 miles west and north on 380 and have seen some tracks but nothing on camera. Thanks for the heads up...have to strap on the .44.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/23/14 11:00 PM

HnF
Set up a Go Pro...wrap fresh chicken all over your arms and legs and go sit under that feeder and please get it on video Amigo..You got this rofl
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Well this is not good....... - 11/24/14 12:48 AM

Other pics???
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum