Texas Hunting Forum

hunting question

Posted By: eddie4529

hunting question - 11/16/14 04:44 AM

so i have a hunting trip this weekend im 18 have hunters education and will be buying a hunting license, i wanted to take my little brother along with me to hunt hogs, but i was told that he can only go if my dad goes with us is this true or am i allowed to take him hunting with me?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: hunting question - 11/16/14 04:55 AM

He has to be accompanied by a licensed legal hunter, not a parent. Take him!
Posted By: KG68

Re: hunting question - 11/16/14 05:03 AM

He must have a Hunting license also but will be legal to go with you.
Posted By: therock

Re: hunting question - 11/16/14 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: KG68
He must have a Hunting license also but will be legal to go with you.

Does he have to have a liscense if he does not carry a gun and is only sitting in the stand with you and observing? What if he sits by himself and uses a camera only?
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: hunting question - 11/16/14 01:52 PM

Sitting in a stand "observing" with a rifle in said stand is called HUNTING. A GW does not know who is the owner of the rifle nor does it matter. Taking a youth on his first hunt is not the time to split hairs over the cost of a youth license. Hope you young men have a successful hunt.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: hunting question - 11/16/14 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Walkabout
Sitting in a stand "observing" with a rifle in said stand is called HUNTING. A GW does not know who is the owner of the rifle nor does it matter. Taking a youth on his first hunt is not the time to split hairs over the cost of a youth license. Hope you young men have a successful hunt.

up
Posted By: crash700

Re: hunting question - 11/17/14 02:24 AM

A youth license is only $8, get the license and be a good example.
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: hunting question - 11/27/14 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: crash700
A youth license is only $8, get the license and be a good example.

Get him a license and let him shoot one.....or a whole bunch! He'll be addicted for life.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum