Texas Hunting Forum

THF Caveman Cookout

Posted By: Dave3575

THF Caveman Cookout - 11/13/14 07:59 PM

Who would be interested in a Caveman cookout? Everyone brings some type of game and we eat like kings.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/13/14 10:14 PM

Put this thread in the recipes section, you will probably get a better response.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/13/14 11:01 PM

There's a recipe section!??? bolt
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/13/14 11:08 PM

I'm in!!

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/13/14 11:47 PM

I'll bring the squirrel I just popped. Little thief!

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I'm in!!

I am going to trial-smoke an bacon wrapped antelope roast with Lloyd in a few days, maybe Sunday - I'll shoot you a note on what day if you are free.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 01:13 AM

I would be in on that idea. cheers
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 02:36 AM

while back their was a thread for Hog hunt using ol style guns. their was some untreated then it faided away. sounds cool cheers best wishes flag
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 02:48 AM

Im in...
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 02:59 AM

Not likely I could make it due to schedule and location but I will try it happen.

Watching thread.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 04:13 AM

What we really need is a swap meet.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 02:52 PM

Posted By: ALM TXhunter

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/14/14 04:37 PM

Sounds like a good idea...
Posted By: dkershen

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/15/14 05:26 AM

Where at? I'll bring a pack of Muley bratwurst.

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 12:52 AM

Waiting to hear back on being able to use a clubhouse at my buddies place - sounds like we got a few people that are interested so let me sort out the details.

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 04:31 AM

Seriously, I can bring my Dads hot sauce. And I've got some tenderloin and backstrap left. Or some "Texas boudin". I can bring some buck sticks too. Love those things. We can have a nice sit down dinner with white tablecloths, the centerpiece will be chips and home made salsa with buck sticks on the side. I'll even arrange them to read "THF" on the table up

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 04:32 AM

Btw just kiddin about the tables, just in case y'all aint picked up that sarcasm I laid down. I'm more of a tail gate of the truck kinda guy anyway
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 04:41 AM

Watching thread for date, etc
Posted By: cmc

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 07:20 PM

I used to do something like this but I provided all meat and no store bought meat allowed, I called it Livin Off the Land cook out. Food ranged from frog, to snake, fish, all birds,deer, hog, you name it. I had it for several years running and each year I had to kill more things and the party would last longer until it became an all weekend event. We gathered coaches from the roadsides for months before and took them out to sit around the fire then at the end of the night we threw em on the fire for the coach burning and watched em blaze away. Now that was younger days but it got crazy with dancing on flat bed gooseneck trailers and truck pulls and who knows what else. I think those nights and others like it are why I haven't drank in years, I had no muffler it was balls to wall for years.

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 07:35 PM

this caveman tis sitten here with coat on bowl of plain beans, watchen Profets of Doom rofl gonna grab high-tech muzzy & go warm up wondering bout the woods try for buck. hogs tis 24-7-365 they'll be back. sounds like ya all got it going. best wishes flag
Posted By: Shawheel

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 09:31 PM

Sounds like a cool way to meet some other Frisco hunters. I'm game.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
I used to do something like this but I provided all meat and no store bought meat allowed, I called it Livin Off the Land cook out. Food ranged from frog, to snake, fish, all birds,deer, hog, you name it. I had it for several years running and each year I had to kill more things and the party would last longer until it became an all weekend event. We gathered coaches from the roadsides for months before and took them out to sit around the fire then at the end of the night we threw em on the fire for the coach burning and watched em blaze away. Now that was younger days but it got crazy with dancing on flat bed gooseneck trailers and truck pulls and who knows what else. I think those nights and others like it are why I haven't drank in years, I had no muffler it was balls to wall for years.
grin

I have been pissed off at a few coaches in my life mostly while I was sitting on my couch but never mad enough to burn one of the poor fellows. That's some hard core partying!
Posted By: Curly

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/16/14 11:24 PM

I'm in Farmersville.
I might be in!

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/17/14 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
this caveman tis sitten here with coat on bowl of plain beans, watchen Profets of Doom rofl gonna grab high-tech muzzy & go warm up wondering bout the woods try for buck. hogs tis 24-7-365 they'll be back. sounds like ya all got it going. best wishes flag

i gots ta get me some meat ta go with them thar beans. that just ain't right. the ol boiler room bouts ta explode, & think i gots a defaulty relief valve flag
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: THF Caveman Cookout - 11/17/14 03:06 AM

Very cool idea. We use to do this back home and was always a good time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum