Texas Hunting Forum

Safe question

Posted By: Mchunter11

Safe question - 11/10/14 03:33 AM

About to purchase a gun safe. Should I purchase a dehumidifier? The safe is going to be inside my house.
Posted By: RChipman11

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 04:39 AM

yes.
Posted By: Branden

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 05:01 AM

yes 100%
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 07:53 AM

scratch yep, just like it said, Safe question flag
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 01:57 PM

What one are you going to buy? I've been looking around and the Winchester ones at Academy have the longest fire rating over all the others that I've looked at. I'm not to worried about the door or lock, I figure they are all good enough to delay or discourage 99% of the thieves out there and the one percent who isn't discouraged by a locked safe isn't going to care what one I have anyway. For me, it's all about the fire rating.

Eddie
Posted By: Payne

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 02:00 PM

yes on the dehumidifier

TSC has safe sales around Thanksgiving
Posted By: janie

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 04:41 PM

Yup, and buy the biggest safe you can afford. They fill quickly.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
Yup, and buy the biggest safe you can afford. They fill quickly.

x3
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Safe question - 11/10/14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
What one are you going to buy? I've been looking around and the Winchester ones at Academy have the longest fire rating over all the others that I've looked at. I'm not to worried about the door or lock, I figure they are all good enough to delay or discourage 99% of the thieves out there and the one percent who isn't discouraged by a locked safe isn't going to care what one I have anyway. For me, it's all about the fire rating.

Eddie

I agree with you but the fire rating on most of the affordable ones really aren't sufficient. It cost a lot more money to really protect from fire.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum