Texas Hunting Forum

Kuiu

Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Kuiu - 11/08/14 01:51 AM

Any of y'all use this gear? Thinking about getting a new wardrobe for mountain hunts so was wondering if it's worth the money?
Posted By: 68A

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 01:52 AM

Apparently you wont be needing a shirt.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 01:54 AM

PM BOBO on here, I think he uses it.
Posted By: P & Y

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 02:19 AM

I have some kuiu gear and really like it. Warm and well made, I'll be buying more in the future.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 02:43 AM

Hard to get around in the mountains minus an arm and a leg.

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 03:34 AM

Thanks.. I was worried about it being cold because it's not thick but I guess I
L see how it works.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 03:40 AM

I use some on my elk hunt. A lot of it was back ordered, so I didn't test the shirts and rain jacket. The pants were wonderful. My rain jacket did come in after the hunt, so I didn't get to test it. Got some gloves in, too. The garments are very well made. You can see the quality. If the jacket and gloves are as good as the pants, I'll love them, too, I'm sure.

I ended up getting some First Lite shirts for the hunt. They were top notch. Only thing I didn't care for was some slight itching, but that's wool. I'm sure it could be a lot worse. An Under Armour shirt underneath fixed that easy enough.

Re: Kuiu - 11/08/14 03:24 PM

Awesome!! I went on a bear hunt and the guide had som and it looked great.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Kuiu - 11/09/14 01:30 AM

What season?

Pants, merino and rain gear are best in the biz.

But soft shells and puffy' there are cheaper options

Re: Kuiu - 11/10/14 12:35 AM

Probably archery elk or 2nd rifle elk in colorado.. I know those are totally different temps.. Lol

Re: Kuiu - 11/10/14 02:42 PM

Archery- attack pants, ultra merino 125, vest (I have a Columbia stealth shot light soft shell I carry on really cool morning sometimes but mainly I just keep a puffy in my pack.)

Rifle - attack pants, 125 top and 230 top, vest and puffy. The 140w mernio bottoms are nice addition also.

Rifle is a little different do to great temp swings.

Archery is cold in the morning but quickly warms up, plus your usually walking more archery

A puffy is the best lightest option out there, as a do it all peice. Packs very small and weighs almost nothing.

Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Kuiu - 11/10/14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
Awesome!! I went on a bear hunt and the guide had som and it looked great.

Fashion hunter! duel
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Kuiu - 11/10/14 06:37 PM

Have you seen the new Fusion camo that First Lite uses? If not, give it a look, it is the best camo IMO and their quality is top notch.

Re: Kuiu - 11/12/14 12:55 AM

That's why I really liked it BOBO. Plus it dried really fast which is really nice because I hate packing in more clothes than I need..
Thanks GTT I'll check that out too...

Re: Kuiu - 11/12/14 01:25 PM

First lite has probably the second best rain gear, by second I mean by a very very small margin. I think their merino is great but not as good as the kuiu new nuyen yarn. But first light has more weight options, and hoodies. I wear first lite boxers and socks year round, its a toss up between them and darn tough on socks.

You can't go wrong with either company. Really comes down to the best deal you can get. On kuiu don't get in a hurry and you can catch some good sales. Get on the mailing list.

Cabelas carries first lite if your a cabelas points guy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum