Texas Hunting Forum

Opening Weekend Success

Posted By: jcneef

Opening Weekend Success - 11/03/14 05:10 PM

Well my dad, my brother, and I got down to the lease this weekend for the opener and had some success. Well, they had some success anyways. We saw lots of movement and plenty of nice deer. my brother actually connected on two deer. Saturday afternoon he took a cull that looks to have some bad deformities from an injury of some sort. We had never seen anything like it before. My dad got a turkey with his bow that evening as well. Then this morning my brother sent me a text message saying,"I told you, you should of stayed and hunted!" Along with that text was a picture with the deer he took this morning. Its a very nice wide 8 point and he is super excited about him. Unfortunately, I had left last night because I have work today... bang and he took this deer out of an area I had hunted all weekend. I guess thats just how it goes confused2 I couldn't be happier for him though and I cant wait until they get back to town so I can check this beast out. up Im already to get back out to the woods so I can get me a nice one!

The wide 8

The "Funky Buck"

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/03/14 05:13 PM

Nice deer, congrats
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/03/14 05:15 PM

Cool looking rack.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/03/14 05:26 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Weegs

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/03/14 06:52 PM

Cool cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 12:53 AM

That's a nice 8. Congrats to your brother. up
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Weegs
Cool cheers
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 01:44 AM

Great looking 8! Congrats to your brother cheers
Posted By: RenoH414

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 02:56 AM

Very nice. Congrats man!!

Reno
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 04:13 AM

Great buck.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 06:51 AM

Nice bucks!!! Congrats!!! Hunting with family is always fun whether you get anything or not!!!
Posted By: Western

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 11:20 AM

@ out of 3 is better than the other reports coming in, the "freak is pretty neat too. Sounds like a great Texas weekend up
Posted By: MTGMAN

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 12:13 PM

Nice! Congrats!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Opening Weekend Success - 11/04/14 02:15 PM

cheers didn't have much success here eather. so that's how ya spell it cc . rofl up ta your dad & bro. best wishes on next trip. flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum