Texas Hunting Forum

Candidates for Governor

Posted By: DonPablo

Candidates for Governor - 11/02/14 10:05 PM

I contacted all 4 (Yes, believe it or not there are 4) candidates for governor in hopes that they would answer a few questions regarding wildlife regulation in Texas and of the 4, only one cared to respond. Maybe the others were too busy to bother with us (bowhunters) or maybe the state's wildlife isn't important to them. Who knows why they didn't feel a need to respond. Regardless, I am going to post here the responses I received from Kathie Glass:

Regarding the possibility of changes to the people at the regulatory level for wildlife:

Quote:
The state has been overrun by cronyism. One of the biggest problems in TX is the fact that elected officials from both parties disregard the interests of the people in favor of well-connected special interests. Any people in appointed positions who are guilty of such behavior would definitely be replaced.

Regarding citizen dissatisfaction with changes to wildlife laws/regulations:

Quote:
We need a mechanism to address those citizens’ concerns. As things are now, Texans do not have any recourse for bad decisions at the regulatory level short of filing lawsuits. That needs to change.

Regarding restrictions for the taking of fish and game:

Quote:
If they cannot through sound scientific data justify a reason for the restrictions (like bowfishing) then those means should probably be allowed. Larger sportsmans goups who look to restrict the rights of those sportsmen who are in the minority should not be allowed to force their agenda on the state without a sound reason for doing so.

Regarding the law barring the killing of stray cats or dogs even when trespassing and destroying property:

Quote:
I am very much opposed to the law as you described it. Property rights and individual humans rights trump any animal "rights."
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/02/14 10:44 PM

IBTMTTB popcorn
Posted By: therancher

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/02/14 11:14 PM

I didn't know there was a law against killing stray dogs and cats. Pretty silly when you can kill humans who tresspass.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Pretty silly when you can kill humans who tresspass.

Uh, you might want to rethink that. In the house, no problem. Climbing a fence and walking across the pasture, big problem. Or maybe you were just posting that for effect.
Posted By: swmays

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 12:22 AM

popcorn

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

Uh, you might want to rethink that. In the house, no problem. Climbing a fence and walking across the pasture, big problem. Or maybe you were just posting that for effect.

Nah. I know the law.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 02:59 AM

Nah. I know the law.

Not if you think you can kill someone for trespassing.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 03:15 AM

Think you nailed it with this one...we have been down this road with him before

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 04:08 AM

So, were the two guys that Joe Horn shot in his house?

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 04:19 AM

You said people who trespass. Those guys were committing burglary. Apples and oranges.

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: grizz

You said people who trespass. Those guys were committing burglary. Apples and oranges.

They weren't stealing from joe horn. They were just walking on his land. I know what the penal code says.

If you are in fear of your life when someone trespasses, it's perfectly legal to use deadly force. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 11:26 AM

stir...... here we go.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 12:00 PM

back
Posted By: TheCloudX

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 12:23 PM

Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 01:14 PM

Only thing more obnoxious than an attorney (resident attorney hunters excepted) is an attorney wannabe.

OP - I googled Kathie Glass. Seems like a nice lady. But the picture lower right - cowboy hat, pump jack in the background, crazy eyes - come on.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 04:24 PM

They weren't stealing from joe horn. They were just walking on his land. I know what the penal code says.

If you are in fear of your life when someone trespasses, it's perfectly legal to use deadly force. Look it up if you don't believe me.

they weren't on Joe Horn's land, they were on his neighbors.

the law states that if you feel there is not a reaosnable manner to get stolen property back yo ucan use deadly force.

for criminal mischief in nighttime hours, it's legal to use deadly force.

you can't just shoot someone because they happen to be on your property.

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/03/14 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: kyle1974

the law states that if you feel there is not a reaosnable manner to get stolen property back yo ucan use deadly force.

I believe that they had actually stepped on horns property after he confronted them (that's the way I remember it). But that's beside the point. I never stated that you can kill someone JUST for trespassing. What is legal is using deadly force on trespassers IF you feel your life is threatened. That's not what I said. That's what the penal code says.

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 03:07 AM

I believe that they had actually stepped on horns property after he confronted them (that's the way I remember it). But that's beside the point. I never stated that you can kill someone JUST for trespassing. What is legal is using deadly force on trespassers IF you feel your life is threatened. That's not what I said. That's what the penal code says.

I didn't know there was a law against killing stray dogs and cats. Pretty silly when you can kill humans who tresspass.

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 03:10 AM

You're mixing two things together. Chapter 9 of the Penal Code says you can use FORCE against someone trespassing. If they are truly doing something to make you fear for your life, the justification for using deadly force has nothing to do with the trespassing, it's about what they're doing to threaten your life. That goes for anywhere you may be.

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 03:48 AM

J

That's right. You can kill humans who trespass. The ones who break in your home and the ones who just cross your fence and convince you that they are threatening your life. Exactly.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 03:57 AM

Only thing more obnoxious than an attorney (resident attorney hunters excepted) is an attorney wannabe.

OP - I googled Kathie Glass. Seems like a nice lady. But the picture lower right - cowboy hat, pump jack in the background, crazy eyes - come on.
Midland county 'Glamour shots'. roflmao
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 04:00 AM

I didn't say that...but I said that...but you are exactly right, that is what I said wtf

Smooth rancher, real smooth rofl

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 04:28 AM

J
[quote=therancher]

That's right. You can kill humans who trespass. The ones who break in your home and the ones who just cross your fence and convince you that they are threatening your life. Exactly. [/quote]

Breaking into your home - NOT TRESPASSING
Threatening your life - NOT TRESPASSING
Posted By: DonPablo

Re: Candidates for Governor - 11/04/14 05:44 AM

Sorry. I overstated a little. It is legal to kill humans in various instances where killing a dog or cat would not be legal. For example when destroying your property. Hope everyone votes tomorrow. Have a good night.

Pablo
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum