Texas Hunting Forum

Nothing worse than a thief

Posted By: buck-snort

Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:22 PM

so I got a call last night from the land owner that my camper was missing all tires and rims. Just curious of anyone else has had this happen? I had left my camper at my lease in Jan because it was too windy to pull home. Now I am minus 4 tires.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:25 PM

Most thieves are not that industrious. Shame that it did not fall on them when they had it jacked up.

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:29 PM

well I do have the leveling jacks out on it. Otherwise they may have left it on the ground.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:34 PM

Something to sell for some dope most likely.
Posted By: 30378

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:42 PM

They came through our place couple of years ago and stole all the propane bottles and regulators. Always something.
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:52 PM

That sucks.

One of my buddies had his tires stolen off his truck. They use landscaping pavers. Apparently they put the pavers down and pull the valve stems. They then leave and come back a little later to pull the tires off. No jack required. Its pretty slick.

I don't know if they could use the same technique on a trailor or not.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:54 PM

That sucks man. Hate thieves.

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 04:56 PM

luckily I have insurance. After I file a report with the game warden I am going to see if insurance will cover it. we will see I guess
Posted By: min1kay2

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 05:00 PM

Meth heads, I would love to catch them.
I have seen some pretty tricky stuff done by thieves. My neighbor was missing his tires and they left the concrete blocks under it. They jacked up the front, blocked it in the middle, and took off the front wheels. They then let it down and the back lifted right off the ground to remove the rear wheels. I thought it was a good use of leverage.
Posted By: Cinch

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 05:50 PM

That sucks realmad
Posted By: Western

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 06:30 PM

Some a hole you're going to be paying healthcare for too. Lazy good for nothing trash IMO

I bet rims and tires (trailer) will even become a more sought after item (have you seen the prices lately of rubber! Geez)
Posted By: janie

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 06:38 PM

Wish the whole trailer had fallen on those sorry bastages. I hate thieves. Sorry to hear you got hit.
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 10:00 PM

That sux hope they get caught and you get your wheels back. cheers
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/12/14 10:30 PM

Sucks big time, just saw on the news this past weekend somebody stole the rims and tires off of 20 something brand new vehicles at a dealership in the middle of houston! Left them on blocks this past weekend! Dang i hate theifs.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/13/14 01:33 AM

It's most likely meth heads stealing from the leases and crack heads on the city car lots. Rest assurred, they will suffer greatly from their habits. It's a dead end road.
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/13/14 01:38 AM

realmadDo not like a thief...You work hard for your property and someone else takes it..
Sorry for your lose..
Posted By: Ryn0522

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/13/14 03:33 AM

Or will someday they see " the light" and we all fall for their story and forgive them. Then they open a rehab center and our tax dollars make them rich
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/13/14 12:32 PM

^or a church
Posted By: PWT

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/14/14 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: banderapass1
realmadDo not like a thief...You work hard for your property and someone else takes it..
Sorry for your lose..
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/14/14 10:26 AM

I have a trailer wheel from a fith wheel I used to have. Nothing fancy just a white spoke wheel, you can have it. Hope you catch them.
PM Me if you want the wheel.
Mark

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/14/14 04:29 PM

Thanks... I am going to have to call the dealership to figure out the bolt pattern. Being this is my first camper I am not sure if they are the same. I don't even know the rim size that was on it. I assume 15 inch. Its a 2005 Jayco / Jay Flight
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/14/14 04:32 PM

at least the trailer is still there... is there a spare inside the trailer?
Posted By: OldTexan

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/14/14 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: huntandfish
Sucks big time, just saw on the news this past weekend somebody stole the rims and tires off of 20 something brand new vehicles at a dealership in the middle of houston! Left them on blocks this past weekend! Dang i hate theifs.

They hit the Ford dealership in Angleton a couple years ago. Got wheels and tires off over 30 PU's one evening and have never caught them. These crooks are organized and bold. The lot is beside Hwy288 just outside of town. Had to be some planning to get off with over 120 wheels to load up and haul off. They didn't even leave any lug nuts......
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/18/14 02:24 AM

Janie and Nav have great observations,,,but it could have been worse...I hope they have orifices that grow shut and the build up leeches out there eyes...Good luck, I may have 4 15" tires no wheels if that would help
Posted By: WhitetailFreak

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/21/14 10:12 PM

A thief is a poor excuse for a human being.
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/22/14 12:36 AM

Dwalls, unfortunately I have heard this before this time of year and I'm thinking it is not meth heads - it is too targeted of a theft. I heard this twice before. After the first time we heard a story like this, it was suggested that somebody really needed tires in a hurry - since the tires taken were a specific size and not that new. Like someone that needed trailer tires to move their own trailer.

I'm sure there are a lot more valuable, easier to sell items that could have been stolen than a set of tires if if was someone just looking for cash.

The second time it happened to one of my buddies. Sure enough, he checked with the neighbors and found someone had been kicked off that lease and had to move his trailer out. There were old wheels left behind. He got the name/address and lo and behold - found his tires on that guys trailer.

Just something to think about.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/22/14 12:47 AM

Happened here in S Arlington a few years back- stole 23 sets of 20" rims in one night, not meth heads I don't think.... maybe flea market material
Originally Posted By: huntandfish
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Nothing worse than a thief - 02/22/14 12:55 AM

Tires have DOT Tire identification Numbers! If you don't have them written down and saved in safe place, now it the time to get it done. It is almost as good as a serial number, but better than nothing.

More info http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=172
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum