Texas Hunting Forum

Antler restrictions need to go!

Posted By: Roger Frieda

Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 07:28 PM

I know this topic causes heated debate, but I'm speaking for the small land tract hunters. I've hunted east Texas for 40 years and there were always good bucks killed back then and today but now the small tract hunter has been basically been reduced to harvesting does and spikes. Not everyone is a trophy hunted and it should not be pushed on them. We all pay hard earned money to hunt through license fees, travel costs, feed, etc and should have the right to shoot at least one buck of our choice during the season, is there anyone else out there that agrees with me and if so is there anything or anyway we can have our voice heard by TPWD?

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 07:33 PM

popcorn

Posted By: Nightlight

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 07:38 PM

bang

Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 07:40 PM

I'm a small tract hunter and for now I want to see the AR remain in effect. In the past (on another piece of property) I let one young buck after another walk only to have my neighbor kill it just because he could. On my current property I am starting to see the same young bucks survive cross boundary excursions which I did not see in the past so I'm kind of excited to see what develops in several years. If after several years the quality of the deer has not improved then I'll probably rethink the matter but for now I am taking a wait and see approach.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 07:45 PM

Are y'all's lives so boring that these AR threads are all you have to keep you entertained? I'm sure you are frustrated with your particular situation but really, do these help? If you guys sent as many emails and letters to TPWD and your representatives as you put into these threads you might swing some change.

Posted By: Bonner

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:17 PM

and here we go..........get the backup server ready, she's gonna be a long one boys smile

Honestly, there should be an AR sticky up top.

and maybe a few others titled:

Bowhunting should be banned - you injure more than you kill

The Crossbow is the same as a Compound

Religion - Baptist is a better religion than any other

Believing in God is for the weak minded

Look at this Chuppa my cousin shot (or "Look at this Chup"a)

(Most recently) Unfair for bowhunting to get a month headstart

Check out this Mountain Lion

.....Did I forget any?

Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:26 PM

duel

bang

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:27 PM

I'm a small tract owner.

And I LOVE THE ABSOLUTE H-E-DOUBLE-L outta ARs.

Love them.

Cherish them.

Hold them dear.

Posted By: slow944

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:30 PM

Yep you forgot "MY Dog's Better Than Your Dog"

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Bonner
and here we go..........get the backup server ready, she's gonna be a long one boys smile

.....Did I forget any?

Yep. High Fence-the grandaddy of them all. smile

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Bonner

.....Did I forget any?

Yep. High Fence-the grandaddy of them all. smile

score this deer, i knoow he isnt the biggest in the woods but.....

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
I'm a small tract owner.

And I LOVE THE ABSOLUTE H-E-DOUBLE-L outta ARs.

Love them.

Cherish them.

Hold them dear.

x2

Posted By: Hoytman

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:44 PM

HATE AR!!!!!! and trust me when i say it has wrecked hunting in our county and TPW aint gonna do nuthin to help! They are just like any other govt. entity, if it dont make em money or they cant steal it from ya nuthin is gonna happen.

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 08:45 PM

I say give the AR haters a choice. 1) Live with the AR's. 2) TPWD does a survey on your small acreage and then issues tags based upon the census.

This keeps small acreage folks from having their entire family and list of friends from coming there to fill all of their individual tags.

If TPWD gives you 2 buck and 2 doe tags then you'll have to decide how best they're used and who gets one. But once they're gone (used) there ain't no more until next season.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
I say give the AR haters a choice. 1) Live with the AR's. 2) TPWD does a survey on your small acreage and then issues tags based upon the census.

This keeps small acreage folks from having their entire family and list of friends from coming there to fill all of their individual tags.

If TPWD gives you 2 buck and 2 doe tags then you'll have to decide how best they're used and who gets one. But once they're gone (used) there ain't no more until next season.

Dang I like this^^^

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Are y'all's lives so boring that these AR threads are all you have to keep you entertained? I'm sure you are frustrated with your particular situation but really, do these help? If you guys sent as many emails and letters to TPWD and your representatives as you put into these threads you might swing some change.

Bite your tongue! we dont want no more obama!

Re: Antler restrictions need to go! - 01/13/12 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Roger Frieda
I know this topic causes heated debate, but I'm speaking for the small land tract hunters. I've hunted east Texas for 40 years and there were always good bucks killed back then and today but now the small tract hunter has been basically been reduced to harvesting does and spikes. Not everyone is a trophy hunted and it should not be pushed on them. We all pay hard earned money to hunt through license fees, travel costs, feed, etc and should have the right to shoot at least one buck of our choice during the season, is there anyone else out there that agrees with me and if so is there anything or anyway we can have our voice heard by TPWD?

If all you are is a meat hunter then what is wrong with shooting does and spikes only?

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum