Texas Hunting Forum

Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info.

Posted By: billy gordon

Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/29/10 10:59 PM

Been welding since i was a kid and first time for these cookers,Question?Once i finish them how do i cure them for cooking.Some has said just like new cast iron skillets?Thanks,Billy

Posted By: Redneck Messiah

Re: Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/29/10 11:08 PM

all i did on mine is sand blast it down good, build a fire, put disc over it get her good and hot and pour corn/peanut/ whatever oil onto her and let it cook in, just like u say with a cast iron skillet............. just a tip here, dont leave it out in the rain tho...dont ask me how i know

Re: Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/29/10 11:21 PM

upThanks.

Posted By: moderno

Re: Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/29/10 11:43 PM

I just buffed mine with a bead wheel and put it on a fire and poured some water in it and let it boil for a while and throw the water out and repeat. It will boil a lot of stuff out of the metal you dont think is even there. Then dry it over the fire and put your oil in and start cooking.

When you're through just wipe it out and put a good coat of vegetable oil or peanut oil and store it up-side down so it wont collect dust.

Re: Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/29/10 11:53 PM

Will do,Thanks alot.Been trapping alot of hogs and gonna try and shoot some i saw on my camera at a feeder.Nothing like backstrp fajitas. food

Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Making some Fajita cookers (Disk Blades) Need Info. - 06/30/10 12:03 AM

treat it like cast iron, heat it low, oil, heat again, low, store in a tow sack

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum