Texas Hunting Forum

Kristi Noem and the dog.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/27/24 10:58 PM

Story is getting lot of traction. Sounds like she had a hunting dog, wasn’t very good. The dog killed some neighbors chickens and was untrainable. Dog was shot.

This is a pretty conservative group, would like to see some opinions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news.../kristi-noem-kills-dog-farm/73481257007/
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/27/24 11:08 PM

Got no problem with any of it. Of course the PETA and treehuggers will want her jailed.
Posted By: jlsbassman

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/27/24 11:13 PM

Dem’s will take them to shelter where they’re killed. Either way they’re dead.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/27/24 11:34 PM

Those that show “shock” when it pushes their agenda. Where was your shock when Black Lives Matter and Antifa were taking over Portland and burning and looting cities?
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/27/24 11:35 PM

What else would you do with it?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog. - 04/28/24 12:11 AM

All I had to see was that the liberal USA Today published the story and stopped right there, whatever they posted will be distorted to fit the left wing agenda.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:14 AM

I tried to find a more neutral news source. They are all leftist. The Guardian was over the top.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:24 AM

Killing the dog is not something I would have done. She really should have kept that to herself. I really like her but I see this hurting her future political ambitions.
Posted By: jlsbassman

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stompy
Killing the dog is not something I would have done. She really should have kept that to herself. I really like her but I see this hurting her future political ambitions.

I’m really trying to figure out why anybody would want a future in politics.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:33 AM

You’d almost be better off killing a person than a dog at this point in time. It’s been like that for years…ex - Goodrich vs Vick sentences.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:34 AM

I have done the same. No fun. Just have to do it sometimes.
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:53 AM

I thought everyone that lived on a farm, in the country, or with hunting/working dogs have had to put one down. I hate doing it but have had to do it on several occasions. HATE IT! But, what’s the alternative? If you’ve ever seen a euthanization go bad, you’d know that a bullet is quicker and more humane anyway. I couldn’t shoot my “pet” dogs though. They are family. No matter the cost I have to take them to the vet and pay it. I’m also getting softer in my older age. Anyway, I see no issue with the story.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:56 AM

RIP goat.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:07 AM

Every problem I've ever had with livestock has been from a Damm Dog. Weather it be cattle, hogs, chickens ginnies, rabbits you name it.

See you later dog, buy.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:21 AM

Getting criticized for doing what was needed - geez.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:22 AM

I’ve shot dogs (and cats) for less than that….

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:52 AM

Thread reminds me of all the urbans buying chickens to get yard eggs and not consuming the non-producing hens.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:06 AM

You sound a lot like me Snakewrangler.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:08 AM

Just another disconnect between the coasts and the rest of the country.

Middle america, the “fly over despicables” are not who drive the news cycles and the culture of the elites is very different from the rest of us. This is blatantly obvious any time any news person talks about or handles a gun.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

No kidding. Why is this news? Sometimes animals need shot.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

No kidding. Why is this news? Sometimes animals need shot.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:22 AM

OMG Brandon has a German Shepherd that bites people and they didn't kill it bolt
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:22 AM

Very bad optics. Valid yes... Americans understand this. They do not.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
OMG Brandon has a German Shepherd that bites people and they didn't kill it bolt

Democrats are pro life, remember?
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:41 AM

The dog was a tool/piece of equipment for the farm and was not doing its job. It either has to be fixed or done away with if not it’s another expense for the farm. Theses are the same people that have no problem killing babies!
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:47 AM

The story broke because she wrote about it in her new book. She’s an idiot for telling everyone about it on her own.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
The story broke because she wrote about it in her new book. She’s an idiot for telling everyone about it on her own.

Why is she an idiot for that? Because she didn’t properly censor herself?

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 04:27 AM

She’s an idiot because she’s a politician. Politicians have to decide if their statements are advantageous for them or not. She already had the red/country person vote. Now she just lost the soccer mom dog person vote that she was going to get for being a female.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:01 AM

why is this news. How many animals does HSUS kill every year?

Sounded like she should of euthanized it sooner

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:04 AM

She’s an idiot because she’s a politician. Politicians have to decide if their statements are advantageous for them or not. She already had the red/country person vote. Now she just lost the soccer mom dog person vote that she was going to get for being a female.

she didnt loose the Soccer moms there. Biggest city is less then 195k people. Its still an ag state.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:29 AM

I don’t think she can run for Governor again. My guess is, if she is not the VP candidate she will most likely get a cabinet position for the next 4 years.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

she didnt loose the Soccer moms there. Biggest city is less then 195k people. Its still an ag state.

I’m not talking about her state office. She is a legitimate contender to be Trump’s Vice President. I think that ship has sailed now.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 07:53 AM

That would make her the first open and honest person in the White House in my lifetime, probably. When the dog gets the neighbors chickens, that’s game over.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
That would make her the first open and honest person in the White House in my lifetime, probably. When the dog gets the neighbors chickens, that’s game over.

My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, many of the dog women these days are fanatical and would gladly sacrifice your life to save a dog they’ve never even seen.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:06 AM

Special place in hell for PETA, USA Today and the DNC.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I don’t think she can run for Governor again. My guess is, if she is not the VP candidate she will most likely get a cabinet position for the next 4 years.

Hope you are wrong!!!! She is a patriot, and said FU first during the lockdowns!!

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:17 AM

My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, many of the dog women these days are fanatical and would gladly sacrifice your life to save a dog they’ve never even seen.

Spot on

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:38 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/socia...shooting-her-14-month-old-dog-not-normal

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:49 AM

Well a lot of social media users also call chomos “minor attracted persons” and say they can’t help it.

Which, by the way, only proves you can’t rehabilitate them. But we knew that all along.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:11 AM

Same people complaining about her are pitbull owners. Dumb as rocks

Dems always do the same thing they look at one issue only not the whole package

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:52 AM

Well a lot of social media users also call chomos “minor attracted persons” and say they can’t help it.

Which, by the way, only proves you can’t rehabilitate them. But we knew that all along.

Yes you can…

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:59 AM

Noem explained in the book how the dog had ruined a pheasant hunt, going "out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life."

The governor also noted that Cricket went AWOL and ate several of the chickens on her farm.

About the killing, Noem’s book reportedly added, "It was not a pleasant job, but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realized another unpleasant job needed to be done."

Additionally, Noem’s memoir recounted taking a family goat to the gravel pit where it suffered the same fate as Cricket. Noem justified the killing saying the goat was "nasty and mean."

"We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm. Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years," the governor admitted.

She also added a plug for her book, stating, "If you want more real, honest, and politically incorrect stories that’ll have the media gasping, preorder ‘No Going Back.’"

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 11:00 AM

Yep. Some things just dont need to be said.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 11:26 AM

Her critics have no problem with killing humans.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:13 PM

I would've handled it differently. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I echo Stompy's sentiment.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 12:18 PM

Judd you captured my sentiments. I have a long time liberal coworker that once told me basically he valued animals and protecting animals more than humans. Mental disorder.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:05 PM

Animals are put down all the time, in the country.

Kristi Neom is HAWT!

[Linked Image]

That's all I have to say about that.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.
Animals are put down all the time, in the country.

Kristi Neom is HAWT!

[Linked Image]

That's all I have to say about that.

Agree 1,000%
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
All I had to see was that the liberal USA Today published the story and stopped right there, whatever they posted will be distorted to fit the left wing agenda.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:37 PM

People used to be praised for making tough decisions.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 01:59 PM

There are enough "dog people" idiots that would sacrifice the well being of our country over this to swing an election. Sad, but true.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:01 PM

She forgot the third S.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:26 PM

Media is portraying her as the DEVIL. This is ALL "common" people will see.

Unfortunately, there are millions of conservative dog lovers who will hate her for this.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:28 PM

No love for the goat?

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Judd you captured my sentiments. I have a long time liberal coworker that once told me basically he valued animals and protecting animals more than humans. Mental disorder.

Many of those folks on Nextdoor, see it everyday.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:54 PM

1) “was dangerous to anyone it came into contact with” isn’t getting nearly as much attention as it should. Everyone is focusing on the untrainable and killed chickens part.

2) that’s life on a farm for some people. I guess I would have preferred her to try and get it professionally trained by someone who knows how to get through to that breed of dog/hunts pheasants, but it killed chickens, wouldn’t hunt, and was a danger to people. I mean, dogs on a farm will be put down for any one of those things, let alone all three.

3) why on earth would she include that in the book? Especially without going into way more context and clearly explaining it attacked people/children? I haven’t read the book, but it seems like she focused more on the untrainable and refusal to hunt aspects of the dog and not that it was a danger to people.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 02:54 PM

No problem with putting the dog down.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 04:23 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
People used to be praised for making tough decisions.

I think that is how she meant to come across.
I have seen lives completely ruined because of the shooting of an animal that needed to be shot.
One on here previously mentioned a life being completely ruined (jail time, loss of job) over shooting feral cats.
If they are out to get you, they are looking for a reason. She gave them a reason.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
No problem with putting the dog down.

What about the goat? I feel it's being left out of the conversation.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:35 PM

At work, we sometimes used the phrase "The world isn't ready to know about that". So, regardless of how right we were or how necessary the action was, whatever occurred wasn't publicized.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:50 PM

She posted this about an hour ago. She’s getting hammered.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 05:53 PM

Fellow S Dakotan Tomi Lauren chimes in.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 06:14 PM

Tomi Lahren is dead wrong. It is in fact a facet of rural life.

I've had to put down dogs, cats, cows, chickens and goats. It is just the way it is.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 06:39 PM

This doesn't appear to be working out very well for her.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 07:19 PM

rofl Love that dog!
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 07:27 PM

She posted this about an hour ago. She’s getting hammered.

[Linked Image]

Acting tough only works until proven you are not. Probably wishes she'd kept the dog and goat putdowns to herself at this point. Her VP aspirations are likely done now and possibly future governor terms. The average person is not going to consider putting down animals as courageous or a tough call type decision; the whole story's portrayal tone sounds off and didn't need to be in her memoirs. Personally, I get the need to address unruly animals, just don't think I'd put it out in writing in public spheres.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 07:37 PM

Even Catturd turned on her. He’s pretty conservative.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 08:00 PM

Much ado about nothing. It’s so easy to discredit anyone these days. People do it just to get to say something and get noticed.

Seeing JG’s post made me think back to years past. I do not remember shooting a chicken. If I had a chicken, I guess I’d go shoot it, just to fill out the farm boy grand slam. The list of what I have shot over the decades is pretty long. No chicken though. My neighbor has chickens…

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 08:16 PM

I don't know who "catturd" is, but if I read "Remember, I'm a country boy who lives on a ranch (extra space) period, my bullshite meter starts going bezerk. The definition of "ranch" has been greatly expanded in the last 10 years.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 08:55 PM

People at that level are supposed to have political advisors to keep them from making self inflicted political mistakes. I feel bad for her but there’s no taking this one back.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:01 PM

I still like her and would vote for her……
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:18 PM

This put a stake in the heart of her VP aspirations. Every bit as career killing as Ross Perots rape joke.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I still like her and would vote for her……

Absolutely. Me too. She already had my vote though. She was really popular with middle aged women who are known for voting with their hearts rather than their heads. I don’t see it working out for her very well.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:43 PM

People at that level are supposed to have political advisors to keep them from making self inflicted political mistakes. I feel bad for her but there’s no taking this one back.

Especially after the crap Romney took for the whole strapping the family dog to the roof of his car. That story came out 15 or so years ago and they still hit Romney with it.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:44 PM

She clearly recognizes the differences between humans and animals. I suspect she also recognizes a clear line of distinction between her pets, if she has any, and true members of her family.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
This put a stake in the heart of her VP aspirations. Every bit as career killing as Ross Perots rape joke.

I believe that was Clayton Williams that made that fireside joke.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:00 PM

With all the dog shooters on here, the comments in this thread surprise me. Nothing to take back. If you have to hide what you did, it may not have been the right thing. Biting people or killing farm animals both warrant putting a dog down. Protecting the neighbors and farm animals from a bad dog was the right thing to do. Doing the right thing is not always pretty. Having the guts to do the right thing when it’s not pretty is a testament to character.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:17 PM

That was Clayton Williams not Ross Perot.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I don't know who "catturd" is, but if I read "Remember, I'm a country boy who lives on a ranch (extra space) period, my bullshite meter starts going bezerk. The definition of "ranch" has been greatly expanded in the last 10 years.

Tucker interviews catturd
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/28/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lakhota

Yep.. Clayton not Ross.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 12:32 AM

Yep.. Clayton not Ross.

And he (Clayton Williams) lost the Governors race to Ann Richards because of that dumb azz comment hammer

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 01:36 AM

Yep.. Clayton not Ross.

And he (Clayton Williams) lost the Governors race to Ann Richards because of that dumb azz comment hammer

Probably would have been president someday too.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:15 AM

So many are right on here. Kristi shouldn't be forward and truthful about herself.

Someone refusing to be a politician is good in my book.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:41 AM

Any of us that grew up on a farm or rural area with farms, knows that this story is a non-issue and nothing that is out of the ordinary. The only difference between what happens in the country vs. the city is who puts the dog down.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 01:11 PM

Had a friend that owned a dairy. Any dog that chased a cow got one warning.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 01:25 PM

Some things you just take care of and don’t talk about it..
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 04:55 PM

Growing up, my neighborhood had a feral cat problem. We didn’t talk about it, just handled it.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:11 PM

Sounds like the dog had a lack of proper training, and the need for containment. Some take more time to mature.
Not questioning the action of the owner, but I would have left that out of the book.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:18 PM

What else would you do with it?

Take it to a shelter where they will "peacefully" put it to sleep.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:34 PM

Come a long ways to use someone who goes by "cat turd" as a reference.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:36 PM

catturd is a legand on X

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:47 PM

I have zero issue with what she did related to the dog. Putting the details about it in a book, will lock up the brakes on her political career for a national level office though.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:47 PM

Dogs get the death penalty for killing farm animals in rural America. It's not new.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 05:52 PM

Somes who are not productive and not worth feeding have "issues" with this ubject.
Posted By: coachwhite34

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 06:12 PM

I was on a bird hunt with a guide years ago and he had a dog that couldn't perform. Same fate for him that day.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by #Hayraker
Dogs get the death penalty for killing farm animals in rural America. It's not new.

I could never run for office
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

catturd is a legand on X

Welcome to the new world. It's a strange time we live in.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 07:08 PM

Most of the time when a dog goes off the rails, it is because it was never trained or shown any boundaries. Sorry, but I believe most dog problems originated with the owner.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by BenBob
Most of the time when a dog goes off the rails, it is because it was never trained or shown any boundaries. Sorry, but I believe most dog problems originated with the owner.

probably but end result is still the same

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 07:30 PM

Pedos, rapist, serial killers typically have troubled childhood too. The origin story does not matter, wood chipper feet first is how they should be handled.

If a dog or a cat (yes a cat will kill them too) gets my chickens i would definitely be more humane about it, its just a animal. But there is only one way to deal with it.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 07:37 PM

Some of them folks cry foul are the same ones that dump a poorly behaved pet in the woods, i know for a fact.

Just like some folks that dont believe in spanking beat the hell out of their now grown adult kids.

And for most people that spend too much time on social media, outrage is recreational.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 08:05 PM

Don’t even get me started about why her dog was on a neighbor’s property killing their animals. I’ve had dogs for 40 years and none of them ever put a paw down on someone else’s property.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 10:40 PM

Wouldn’t it be neat if killing a child was considered by the masses as outrageous as killing a dog?
Posted By: Concho

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:00 PM

If this country cared as much about unborn children as they do for animals, America would be a better place to live.
Posted By: Concho

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:01 PM

Wouldn’t it be neat if killing a child was considered by the masses as outrageous as killing a dog?

Sorry, Sneaky, I didn't read your post before posting a similar thought...

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:10 PM

Some of them folks cry foul are the same ones that dump a poorly behaved pet in the woods, i know for a fact.

Just like some folks that dont believe in spanking beat the hell out of their now grown adult kids.

And for most people that spend too much time on social media, outrage is recreational.

If you knew for a fact that someone was dumping dogs, what did you do about it?

Beat the hell out of your kids really hammer If you had to beat the hell out of your kids, then you probably did a chitty job raising them as a parent!

I had to take the belt to my son twice when he was real around 4,5 or 6?, swatted him fairly hard two or three times, daughter once.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:35 PM

Beat the hell out of your kids really hammer If you had to beat the hell out of your kids, then you probably did a chitty job raising them as a parent!

I had to take the belt to my son twice when he was real around 4,5 or 6?, swatted him fairly hard two or three times, daughter once.

Welp i been working on the overshare but since you want to call me out, i’ll settle this one quick.

Let’s just say I didn’t have a very normal upbringing, until my grandma took me in, lol.

Edited.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:40 PM

Deleted.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:41 PM

Amen

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/29/24 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit

Amen

Almost any other serious crime is punished more severely than crimes against children.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 12:02 AM

Welp i been working on the overshare but since you want to call me out, i’ll settle this one quick.

My mom and stepdads (married 3 times ) dumped a couple of my pets in the woods when they got tired of them. What the hell does a 6 year old do about that?

My mom also very vocal anti- corporal punishment. Can you read between the lines? And chose the meanest, sorriest SOB’s.

Grandma took me in for a reason. And used corporal punishment justly and as needed. And boy did i need it, i came with baggage to say the least.

Was not calling you out on the dog situation just asking what you did. Had no clue that you were 6 years old and it was your dog and there was not squat you could do, bad situation for you!

On the beating children, yes I was calling you out on that for I cannot read between the lines, again had no clue of your situation.
It irritated me that you would make a blanket statement about parents that do not believe in beating their kids, sounded like you advocated the beating of kids in general.
My dad was a hot headed a-hole that beat on us whether we deserved it or not.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 12:07 AM

That's how we handled things in the sticks. If your dog goes after livestock it's far game.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 12:30 AM

Welp i tried to edit/fix/ delete that overshare, late on the draw

[Linked Image]

Attached picture CD4894FD-B6CD-422E-A427-30B5EEA0A209.jpeg

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Sounds like the dog had a lack of proper training, and the need for containment. Some take more time to mature.
Not questioning the action of the owner, but I would have left that out of the book.

Noem’s own words, regardless of the left wing media character attack:

“The fact is, South Dakota law states that dogs who attack and kill livestock can be put down,” she wrote. “Given that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them, I decided what I did.”

I love dogs. I own and hunt German bred versatile dogs that are sharp on vermin. Some dogs are mentally unstable. There is a line where trying to rehabilitate a dog is no longer worth the risk associated with rehabilitation. When your bird dog goes to biting people, it crosses that line. She did the right thing and makes no apology. What the heck is wrong with people. Putting a biting dog over people is lunacy. Mamby Pamby left wing Karen’s were never going to vote for Noem in the first place. Theirs are votes Noem never would have got on a ticket with Trump anyway.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 12:42 AM

I didn’t even get to the part about biting people.

I remember when a chow grabbed my little cousin by the face and shook her. Everybody cried about what happened to that stupid dog too.

Screw that dog. People are crazy.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 03:51 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 02:59 PM

Amen! Can't believe people have nothing more going on in their daily lives than to worry about dog getting killed.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 03:20 PM

She's getting killed by this on MSM, even Gutfeld had a long segment last night. Of course, none of these folks have ever lived out in the country.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
She's getting killed by this on MSM, even Gutfeld had a long segment last night. Of course, none of these folks have ever lived out in the country.

Yup
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 08:10 PM

I saw this in another site and had to laugh

A dog, a goat, and three horses. Kristi Noem shot an entire petting zoo.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 08:22 PM

She's finished as a VP candidate.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 08:27 PM

she's done

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by gtrich94
I saw this in another site and had to laugh

A dog, a goat, and three horses. Kristi Noem shot an entire petting zoo.

Oh Im really not every going to be able to run for office roflmao

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 08:53 PM

Kristi will keep getting re-elected as Governor of S Dakota if she runs, not a bad gig.
Her net worth is around $6 million so she will not starve regardless.

If she did not run for governor again, wonder if she would be welcome on the very lucrative speech/lecture circuit?

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:18 PM

Tulsi just moved up in the pecking order

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

I like her. A lot. up

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:47 PM

Kristi will keep getting re-elected as Governor of S Dakota if she runs, not a bad gig.
Her net worth is around $6 million so she will not starve regardless.

If she did not run for governor again, wonder if she would be welcome on the very lucrative speech/lecture circuit?

I am afraid that she will be met by barking and "dog killer" chants for the rest of her life.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:49 PM

I like her. A lot. up

Shes a hard core liberal. Maybe in the cabinet, but heck no for VP IMO.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:52 PM

I like her. A lot. up

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 09:53 PM

I like her. A lot. up

This.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 10:28 PM

I like her. A lot. up

I like her but do not trust her.

I think she is playing the "winning" side when necessary.

jmo
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 04/30/24 10:32 PM

Got no problem with any of it. Of course the PETA and treehuggers will want her jailed.

for the last 45 yrs. I have lived on rural property, there is a huge difference between a "lil fur baby puppy dog" and a working dog.

I have friends that have had to put down some otherwise cool dogs due to real bad habits. one was an aussie shepard that would not quit biting peoples heels, drew blood on me at least 3 times.

there are limits to what can be tolerated on a working ranch, I manage one now and any dog on property is subject to dog rules, won't shoot them but they won't be back if they are a problem.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 12:02 AM

I like her. A lot. up

This.

Other than a possible 50/50 tie breaker (an odd event) wouldn't she have less power as a VP?

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 12:07 AM

What happens if trump dies? He's not young. His VP pick needs to be about the future.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 02:48 AM

I'm so tired of the Sheeple worrying about chit that doesn't matter.

I'd like for those that are, to work their hands to bleeding blisters and worry about having enough water and food for their family that night. They need to live about ten years through another Great Depression for reality to punch them in the nose. Only then will they figure out what matters and what doesn't matter.

This Neom "incident" is just a day that ends in Y out in the country.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 10:12 AM

I'd like for those that are, to work their hands to bleeding blisters and worry about having enough water and food for their family that night. They need to live about ten years through another Great Depression for reality to punch them in the nose. Only then will they figure out what matters and what doesn't matter.

Yep. People need something better to do.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 02:06 PM

We're a nation of cowards and weaklings led by the hopelessly corrupt. Life in the United States is actually so good that the simple-minded have time to worry about dogs, sports and the likes of Taylor Swift. Thanks to our forefathers we don't have to struggle to survive and we show them our gratitude by becoming a nation of degenerates.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 05:01 PM

I'll take this over any of the DC 'Swamp Creatures' any time.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

We're a nation of cowards and weaklings led by the hopelessly corrupt. Life in the United States is actually so good that the simple-minded have time to worry about dogs, sports and the likes of Taylor Swift. Thanks to our forefathers we don't have to struggle to survive and we show them our gratitude by becoming a nation of degenerates.

100% agree!

Hard times make hard men
Hard men make good times
Good times make soft men <<we are here
Soft men make hard times

In my opinion, the last hard times this country had was 1941 to 1945.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 05:41 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 05:45 PM

I like her. A lot. up

ditto. Hat tip for telling the Clintons and DNC to off themselves, but your Second voting stance dont lie nor does your free for all(the poor) health care stance

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 05:45 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Hell know I want her to run for President, she is normal, and understands the earth’s actual hierarchy. Goats, Dogs, Horses etc arent humans

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:00 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Hell know I want her to run for President, she is normal, and understands the earth’s actual hierarchy. Goats, Dogs, Horses etc arent humans

She ruined it for me when she proved she wasn’t smart enough to keep certain things to herself. Some things you just don’t talk about. I think she’s great otherwise though.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:09 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

She ruined it for me when she proved she wasn’t smart enough to keep certain things to herself. Some things you just don’t talk about. I think she’s great otherwise though.

Had she been a Texan, SSS. We would have never known.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:11 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

was it taboo 15 years ago? Ive told a story on here about neighbors dog that I caught running my horse through a fence.

the fact its an issue is whats wrong with the US. You dont champion for the life of an animal that attacks people or livestock. Fact its an issue if you don't and especially if you terminate the problem is a bigger issue with in society. Does your food death occur at farm or super market

Ursus Horribillis is now apparently a protected cuddly animal you take selfies with also

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:27 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

She hasn't ruined anything for me, I would vote for above 99.9% of of the politicians out there, without hesitation.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:32 PM

Trying to repair society by crashing headfirst into it wouldn’t be my plan. Changing societal norms takes time. IMO it’s a moot point anyway. The media controls or country and we know who controls them.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:33 PM

Had a buddy that always had cattle. His neighbor started letting a dog run loose and he caught the dog running some calves so he told his neighbor that if he saw the dog doing that again, he intended to shoot it. The neighbor said he moved to the country so he could let his dog run loose but if he had to shoot it, don't just wound it. My friend told him not to worry about that.

Next time he rolled up, there's the dog - chasing calves again.
He pulled his 10/22 out of the truck and emptied it in the dog.
I asked, "where's the dog now?"....He said he's still laying right there.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

She hasn't ruined anything for me, I would vote for above 99.9% of of the politicians out there, without hesitation.

Unfortunately unless you move to her state, I don’t believe you will ever have the opportunity to vote for her now.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:48 PM

Discretion is the better part of valor. Unfortunately, I think her chances went down the tube with this disclosure. Probably a different story if she uses the SS&S method.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 06:55 PM

Noem was trying to make it clear that deciding to take a dog's life is easy, compared with what goes into making decisions that will surely lead to the death of humans.

IMO, her comment has drawn out of the woodwork those who deep inside believe it's better to live on your knees than die on your feet.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 07:31 PM

Well, I guess I’d better not run for any sort of office. My past history with dogs and cats and other would put me in the dog house for sure.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 07:38 PM

Me too. I had to put one down, guess I’ll never get into politics lol.

I lack the desire and probably the ability anyway. Not that a lack of ability is slowing them down.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/01/24 08:41 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

was it taboo 15 years ago? Ive told a story on here about neighbors dog that I caught running my horse through a fence.

the fact its an issue is whats wrong with the US. You dont champion for the life of an animal that attacks people or livestock. Fact its an issue if you don't and especially if you terminate the problem is a bigger issue with in society. Does your food death occur at farm or super market

Ursus Horribillis is now apparently a protected cuddly animal you take selfies with also

^^^^^^^

No....that one has been proven to be a bad idea.

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/02/24 03:24 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/02/24 07:05 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/06/24 07:25 PM

Hard to believe someone would so love to hear themselves talk that they divulge any story, even if it destroys their career. So goes a dumba__ __. Should have had the dog training her.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/06/24 08:15 PM

I guess over the weekend they realized she put in the book about meeting Kim Jong...she never did rofl

People are so dumb...

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/06/24 08:28 PM

Yikes

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/06/24 09:47 PM

She was just on Kudlow and tried to make her case. It didn't land. She keeps saying it's all about making tough decisions. Have never heard her say the magic words " that's how you do it in the country."
Posted By: TxCookin

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/06/24 11:08 PM

Hard to kill your own pup, but if it is killing livestock...it has to go. Bad idea writing about though, these days all the panty waist
spinless tree huggin liberals go absolutely nuts over things like this. Especially if it's a conservative or republican, or someone else who does not
suck up at the great fountain of woke idiocrasy. Like the old saying goes: " Never give your enemies a bigger stick to beat you with. "
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 12:01 AM

I keep my dogs healthy as possible. Have had large vet bills, but when the critter is to the point they can't control their bowels or bladder, or is in visible pain from something that can't be fixed, you are one cruel Sorry Old Boy, if you don't put them out of their misery. Vet's can give a shot where they just go to sleep. I hate it, but I won't let my old buddies suffer needlessly.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 12:32 AM

She's making the rounds. Just on with Jesse Watters. Same tune.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 04:00 PM

Discretion is the better part of valor. Unfortunately, I think her chances went down the tube with this disclosure. Probably a different story if she uses the SS&S method.

Better question is why. I’ve put dogs, horses, cows etc down. Why is this taboo?

Part of life and animal ownership responsibility.

because of snowflakes and weak men we have wild horses destroying habitat all over the west, dogs roaming ranches, etc

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 05:58 PM

She was on Fox business getting picked at by some English dude. She held her own against him.

Looked pretty good by the way.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 06:08 PM

She was on Fox business getting picked at by some English dude. She held her own against him.

That was Stuart Varney. He was kind of rude and she did a good job putting him in his place at the very end. Good for her! I'm ready to see him go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kristi-noem-snaps-fox-business-180506158.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

“Enough, Stuart. This interview is ridiculous, which you are doing right now,” Noem said. “So you need to stop. It is OK. It is. Let’s talk about some real topics that Americans care about.”

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 07:02 PM

Can you imagine the reaction if some of these idgits ever realize that young, innocent bull calves often need to have a certain incision at a vital area?
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 07:24 PM

Can you imagine the reaction if some of these idgits ever realize that young, innocent bull calves often need to have a certain incision at a vital area?

Gender mutilation is celebrated...

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 07:29 PM

Better question is why. I’ve put dogs, horses, cows etc down. Why is this taboo?

because of snowflakes and weak men we have wild horses destroying habitat all over the west, dogs roaming ranches, etc

People have no idea where their food comes from. And what the men, women, and children have to go through to produce it.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB

That was Stuart Varney. He was kind of rude and she did a good job putting him in his place at the very end. Good for her! I'm ready to see him go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kristi-noem-snaps-fox-business-180506158.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

“Enough, Stuart. This interview is ridiculous, which you are doing right now,” Noem said. “So you need to stop. It is OK. It is. Let’s talk about some real topics that Americans care about.”

I'm a huge Varney fan but he went overboard on this one. Really disappointed and switched channels right after. Cavuto was stupid yesterday also. I think the FOX heads are ordering this.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 08:25 PM

Didn't she say this dog was killing chickens aren't chickens worth more than dog that's killing chickens.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by deerhunter1956
Didn't she say this dog was killing chickens aren't chickens worth more than dog that's killing chickens.

More city dwellers than country types and they just don't get it. She can go on every show on tv but she's lost this fight because of her poor explanation.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 09:00 PM

Unforced error...... I totally understand, but not everyone has the same perspective, so why put that out there....

Now the thing about rocket man..... that can not be excused.

Bring on Tulsi!

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 10:49 PM

Bring on Tulsi!

She'd be alright if she wasn't anti 2A.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Bring on Tulsi!

And a globalist and a berneycrat and...

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 11:34 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Shake your head trapper your eyes are stuck. Illegally killing someone else’s dog is why the dog killers on here hide it. She legally killed her own dog for killing chickens and biting people. What the hell is wrong with y’all. The dog needed killing. Bobo was spot on. Weak men afraid to stand up and call bull crap at all the mamby pamby political correctness mess in our country is the only reason this is even being talked about. I find it hard to believe that even a single one of y’all are suggesting Noem cow down to that crap. That is not who she is. That is precisely the reason those I, who am not real big on women in politics to start with, support Noem.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Shake your head trapper your eyes are stuck. Illegally killing someone else’s dog is why the dog killers on here hide it. She legally killed her own dog for killing chickens and biting people. What the hell is wrong with y’all. The dog needed killing. Bobo was spot on. Weak men afraid to stand up and call bull crap at all the mamby pamby political correctness mess in our country is the only reason this is even being talked about. I find it hard to believe that even a single one of y’all are suggesting Noem cow down to that crap. That is not who she is it high is precisely the reason those like me, who are not real big on women in politics, support Noem.

Nobody in here cares about her killing the dog, myself included. She’s an idiot for telling people about it and trying to be the VP. She alienated many of the suburban women voters the GOP doesn’t have but would have if she hadn’t cackled about this for no intelligent reason.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/07/24 11:51 PM

That is a fair statement. I don’t go around sharing details of putting down a beloved pet, and i am probably the most over-sharingest mf on all of THF

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:31 AM

[/quote]

Nobody in here cares about her killing the dog, myself included. She’s an idiot for telling people about it and trying to be the VP. She alienated many of the suburban women voters the GOP doesn’t have but would have if she hadn’t cackled about this for no intelligent reason. [/quote]

I respectfully disagree with you Trapper. Suburban Texas is blue. Noem, or Trump for that matter are not chasing the liberal suburban vote. Their platform is to give us back the great America we love that the soft metromen and female suburban Karens are trying to reshape.
[Linked Image]

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:37 AM

Exactly. There’s no good reason we shouldn’t be able to talk about this aspect of life. People have gone soft and live in a bubble.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:40 AM

Bring on Tulsi!

Is this some kind of joke, or are you trying to reinforce the idea of this entire forum thinking that you’re a liberal?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:45 AM

popcorn

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:46 AM

Bring on Tulsi!

Is this some kind of joke, or are you trying to reinforce the idea of this entire forum thinking that you’re a liberal?

The wokesters hate her so much, I would support her just for that. The left has swung so far off the rails, you pretty much have to support the CCP to be accepted into their ranks.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:48 AM

Bring on Tulsi!

The wokesters hate her so much, I would support her just for that. The left has swung so far off the rails, you pretty much have to support the CCP to be accepted into their ranks.

I don’t dislike her, at all. And as far as democrats go, she doesn’t scare me. But she’s not on our side, as far as I’m concerned.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:52 AM

Nobody in here cares about her killing the dog, myself included. She’s an idiot for telling people about it and trying to be the VP. She alienated many of the suburban women voters the GOP doesn’t have but would have if she hadn’t cackled about this for no intelligent reason. [/quote]

I respectfully disagree with you Trapper. Suburban Texas is blue. Noem, or Trump for that matter are not chasing the liberal suburban vote. Their platform is to give us back the great America we love that the soft metromen and female suburban Karens are trying to reshape.
[Linked Image]
[/quote]

I don’t see why they would be chasing anyone in Texas. It’s essentially a sure thing. The rest of the country is another matter though. Undecided swing voters are the target. Those wishy washy people typically decide elections. She just torqued off a considerable volume of them for no reason. I predict unless you move to her state, you will never even have the opportunity to vote for her. I hope I’m wrong because I like her politics, but I don’t think I’ll be proven wrong.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 12:59 AM

Bring on Tulsi!

Do you think I care what anyone on here thinks.....

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 01:00 AM

Bring on Tulsi!

Do you think I care what anyone on here thinks.....

Yes, I do.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 01:03 AM

Nobody in here cares about her killing the dog, myself included. She’s an idiot for telling people about it and trying to be the VP. She alienated many of the suburban women voters the GOP doesn’t have but would have if she hadn’t cackled about this for no intelligent reason.

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

I don’t see why they would be chasing anyone in Texas. It’s essentially a sure thing. The rest of the country is another matter though. Undecided swing voters are the target. Those wishy washy people typically decide elections. She just torqued off a considerable volume of them for no reason. I predict unless you move to her state, you will never even have the opportunity to vote for her. I hope I’m wrong because I like her politics, but I don’t think I’ll be proven wrong.[/quote]

You bring up a good point.

So, is she stupid for being herself and being a real and honest person and actually speaking about it even if it costs her points in her political career? Do we want her to act more like a politician and say only what will get her elected?

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 01:05 AM

We don't have to worry about her anymore, she's done.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 01:09 AM

[Linked Image]
[/quote]
that map is scary if its accurate.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Judd
Bring on Tulsi!

She has had a big change of heart on the 2A. Time will tell, but I believe her reasoning.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 02:19 AM

To answer Sneaky:

She won’t get the opportunity to be herself and be real as a vice president now in my opinion so that’s how I look at it.
“Sugar on the lips and murder in the heart to our enemies” We had hidden morale patches with that on them.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 04:15 AM

To answer Sneaky:

She won’t get the opportunity to be herself and be real as a vice president now in my opinion so that’s how I look at it.
“Sugar on the lips and murder in the heart to our enemies” We had hidden morale patches with that on them.

Right. She wasn’t willing to sell out is the way I see it.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 04:35 AM

Shes kinda getting called out on saying she met Ken Jong Un. Then having to take that out of the book.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 05:01 AM

To answer Sneaky:

She didn’t have to sell anything. Just keep her mouth shut. I imagine she’s done numerous personal things that she didn’t put in her book.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 09:59 AM

To answer Sneaky:

Exactly and so much that is right about her. Some of youins on here would rather her hide and lie - I don't get it. Sticking your finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing is what got us where we are now. Leaders should, ahem, lead.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 03:34 PM

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

I don’t see why they would be chasing anyone in Texas. It’s essentially a sure thing. The rest of the country is another matter though. Undecided swing voters are the target. Those wishy washy people typically decide elections. She just torqued off a considerable volume of them for no reason. I predict unless you move to her state, you will never even have the opportunity to vote for her. I hope I’m wrong because I like her politics, but I don’t think I’ll be proven wrong.[/quote]

I think Trump’s ego is too big for him to select Noem as his VP regardless of whether she has the moxie to put down a bad dog or pay someone else to do it. When Trump recommended shutting down the country, Republican Governors across the country blindly followed his recommendations. Noem is one of the few that defied Trump when all that mess happened. Noem is one of the very few Governors who stood up against the president, and she got it right. I like Noem’s moxie. I don’t believe Trump’s ego would let him select a VP that bested him though. I think a more likely scenario would be an appointment in his cabinet if he gets a second term in the White House.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 06:07 PM

To answer Sneaky:

Exactly and so much that is right about her. Some of youins on here would rather her hide and lie - I don't get it. Sticking your finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing is what got us where we are now. Leaders should, ahem, lead.

Some of youins, don't know sic 'em from come here about being a leader. Leaders are self-disciplined. Leaders have a rational mindset and weigh pros vs cons when making decisions. Not all winners are leaders but all leaders are winners. If she was a leader, she wouldn't currently be on her damage control tour. With the Kim Jong Un fiasco blowing up, now the question is if she's a liar, or a complete dullard. I don't care how many people you have met in your life, you accurately remember if you met "Rocket Man" or not.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 06:14 PM

Trump's ego wants to be president again and they know exactly who will pull the most votes as VP...that is who he will pick, it has zero to do with who has defied him in the past...as long as they are willing to take a knee to him now and will be the best option to get him additional votes he might not now have. If Hillary fell into all those categories, he'd take her...you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 06:23 PM

I’m blaming video games

[Linked Image]

Shake your head trapper your eyes are stuck. Illegally killing someone else’s dog is why the dog killers on here hide it. She legally killed her own dog for killing chickens and biting people. What the hell is wrong with y’all. The dog needed killing. Bobo was spot on. Weak men afraid to stand up and call bull crap at all the mamby pamby political correctness mess in our country is the only reason this is even being talked about. I find it hard to believe that even a single one of y’all are suggesting Noem cow down to that crap. That is not who she is. That is precisely the reason those I, who am not real big on women in politics to start with, support Noem.

Maybe dog needed to be dealt with, but you don't tell everything you know, just because you know it, especially if you are trying to persuade people to like and trust you. If she did not know that by now, she was never going to win any election or help anyone win anyway.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 07:21 PM

Personally, I think she’s done with politics. Can’t run again for Governor. More interested in selling books.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 08:17 PM

Personally, I think she’s done with politics. Can’t run again for Governor. More interested in selling books.

If I was setup in South Dakota at that age last thing I'd do is get into national politics and move to DC. Maybe she sabotaged herself on purpose.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 08:57 PM

I havent followed this much but I may kind of be caught up now.
It seems to me that her telling about the dog was a win win IN HER MIND AT THE TIME.
How she deals with animals is a win for her(in her mind).
Telling about it is also a win for her(in her mind).
Its not like someone blind sided her and caught her off guard and she blurted it out. She and her advisors must of thought long and hard about putting it in that book and felt it was in her best interest. Rather it was best for her as a person or for her political career is yet to be seen. Im rooting for her.

Re: Kristi Noem and the dog.🐕 - 05/08/24 09:08 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum