Texas Hunting Forum

Hey Freerange

Posted By: B Razorback

Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 04:24 PM

Not sure if your daughter still owns Bresnan Bread and Pastry in McKinney, but my wife just stopped in and said that's the only place we're buying bread from here on out! Give her a shoutout for us please and for anyone else in the area I recommend y'all stop by. I'm excited to try the sour dough when I get home from work.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 04:56 PM

happybday
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 05:10 PM

i thought someone was going to point out a sale on duct tape.

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
i thought someone was going to point out a sale on duct tape.

Sorry Hud not today! Thought I remembered a post couple years ago saying his daughter owned it so I went back and found it. Just a friendly shout out to another man's family success!
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 08:49 PM

Where is it. I’m going to hit Hutchins on Friday. Might as well stop by and get some bread.

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Where is it. I’m going to hit Hutchins on Friday. Might as well stop by and get some bread.

It's right off the McKinney Square.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 09:24 PM

Tell them Earl told you to put your purchase on his account.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 10:47 PM

Razorback, thanks for the kind words/shout out. Its just off the square in Historic Downtown McKinney, 301-B E Louisiana St.
They are only open 7am - 2 pm Wed-Sun. Take out only. I just looked at their website and Tastemasters(whatever that is) did a real cute video about them. They won Best Bread in Dallas area in D Magazine a couple years ago. They get write ups all the time. The press loves the Mom and Pop young couple that is doing something unique thats real high quality and very healthy(think Chip and Joann at the start). They have kind of a cult following. Evidently the young folks really go for this kinda stuff. Al Biernats restaurant is known as one of the finest in all of Dallas and they serve Bresnan baguettes.
They have a bunch of very good pastries made fresh daily. They have a fancy word for pastries(forget what) that he learned to make in Paris or Italy where he went to learn bread and pastry. He was already a good chef but became specialized to open his dream place. The bread is really special. Zero preservatives and almost no ingredients at all-the key is the process to make it that takes several days and then baked that day. Warning, they run out of almost everything everyday so get there early. You can go to their website and theres a process for "pre ordering"(not same as just calling ahead-they dont do that.)
They are both in there daily and the whole kitchen is on display so you can see what all they do. Blows everybody away as they watch while waiting in line. They sell a bunch of that kinda special coffee stuff too.
Jenna and Matt Bresnan, so say hi if anybody goes in. Tell em you are from my hunting forum and theyll get the idea.
And, whatever Hud said, do the opposite......
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/17/24 10:57 PM

Damn.

I’m gonna miss them Friday. I won’t get there before 2.
Maybe next trip.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 12:18 PM

happybday
Posted By: cm250

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 12:42 PM

happybday
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 02:05 PM

I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the heads-up.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 02:16 PM

happybday

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 02:52 PM

Will follow up that's the best sour dough I've ever had. The loaf is bigger than my head too
Posted By: freerange

Re: Hey Freerange - 04/18/24 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by B Razorback
Will follow up that's the best sour dough I've ever had. The loaf is bigger than my head too

Remember that stuff has zero preservatives of any kind so it wont last a real long time. But, you are right, its great while it lasts. We dont live close so we will freeze it and certainly not as good but still good.
When you go back just ask for Jenna or Matt. They have tons of regulars and they get to know them personally.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum