Texas Hunting Forum

Tax day

Posted By: Espy

Tax day - 04/15/24 05:24 PM

Finished my taxes a couple of weeks ago but didn’t send them out till today. Keeping my money as long as I can. roflmao
Posted By: Judd

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 08:09 PM

Me too...I probably have had mine done 6 weeks...oh and I sent them a paper check too wink Told my wife last nite in the memo I wanted to write 2023 theft via taxation...but figured I didn't need added to some other watchlist that I'm not already on rofl
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 08:20 PM

Man, this was the worst tax day ever. I had a new CPA company that was the worst experience to date. He charged almost 6 times what I paid last year. And his instructions on how to file and pay were the worst and most difficult I've done. I also paid the most in corporate taxes I've ever paid (I guess that's a good thing). My previous CPA retired, and I sure do miss him. If anyone has or knows a single individual or small CPA firm, I'm VERY interested.
Posted By: John2

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 08:28 PM

Got my taxes done last week and sent in and it was approved.They said it might take up to 4 5 weeks to get my refund.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 08:44 PM

I picked up our taxes on Thursday from the CPA for a cost of $260 and went to the post office today to drop the paper check off. It’s heck not having any write offs other than the standard deduction.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 08:51 PM

I filled everything out in the H&R Block app a couple of months ago, but waited until today to e-file and pay. Got a nasty shock when I found out that H&R Block's e-file service was down and had been down since yesterday afternoon. Thankfully it looks like they fixed the issue around 2PM and I was able to finally submit my app. Otherwise, I was trying to figure out what post office was near me so I could go get my return post marked today.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 09:41 PM

CPA got ours done a few weeks ago ... first time in probably 20 years we'll get a very small refund instead of paying a sizeable amount in. I think I finally got my withholding sorted out to virtually break even. whew
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Tax day - 04/15/24 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
Man, this was the worst tax day ever. I had a new CPA company that was the worst experience to date. He charged almost 6 times what I paid last year. And his instructions on how to file and pay were the worst and most difficult I've done. I also paid the most in corporate taxes I've ever paid (I guess that's a good thing). My previous CPA retired, and I sure do miss him. If anyone has or knows a single individual or small CPA firm, I'm VERY interested.

Good luck, you and everyone else is looking for the same old lady or dude myself included roflmao F the Government and tax’s walking
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum