Texas Hunting Forum

Sting at Rifle Gear

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 09:39 PM

Anyone read about the Indian guys The ATF arrested in a Sting at Rifle Gear last week? They were paid by the Cartels to buy high powered weapons and smuggle them to Mexico for the Cartels. ATF sniffed it out and set it all up. Guys were buying as many Barret 50 cals, semi auto SAW rifles, lots of AR's they could. They had $76,000 in cartel money to make these purchases.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 09:41 PM

Don't drop the soap. roflmao
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:02 PM

You mean this one:

https://www.reformaustin.org/public...ican-cartels-at-dallas-fort-worth-store/

There is also this story of the Arkansas guy selling at gun shows who was killed in an ATF raid last week. He sold many and some of his sold guns were found and used in crimes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-was-investigation-weapons-s-rcna144572

This story is the one that bothers me. Why would you raid a person's house at 6 am, when the person is a normal citizen who works 9-5 and is apart of the community. He can be found any time you need to find him.

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:04 PM

Not buying many of those with 76k.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
You mean this one:

https://www.reformaustin.org/public...ican-cartels-at-dallas-fort-worth-store/

There is also this story of the Arkansas guy selling at gun shows who was killed in an ATF raid last week. He sold many and some of his sold guns were found and used in crimes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-was-investigation-weapons-s-rcna144572

This story is the one that bothers me. Why would you raid a person's house at 6 am, when the person is a normal citizen who works 9-5 and is apart of the community. He can be found any time you need to find him.

Less risk to the public.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Anyone read about the Indian guys The ATF arrested in a Sting at Rifle Gear last week? They were paid by the Cartels to buy high powered weapons and smuggle them to Mexico for the Cartels. ATF sniffed it out and set it all up. Guys were buying as many Barret 50 cals, semi auto SAW rifles, lots of AR's they could. They had $76,000 in cartel money to make these purchases.

This plays out all the time. They don’t just go to Mexico.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:25 PM

Probably going to NYC. The cartels new home base.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 10:38 PM

Indian? Like natives or China neighbors?

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 11:11 PM

They were two Iraqi immigrants and a Guatemalan.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 11:43 PM

Immigrants huh? Do you mean illegals aliens? bang

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/25/24 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cool Mo D
Immigrants huh? Do you mean illegals aliens? bang

Just what was reported. FWIW though, I would bet the two from Iraq have I-551 cards.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/26/24 12:00 AM

Like David Korish in Waco, he went to Wal-Mart every Saturday. They could have grabbed him their, but instead the ATF/FBI got their a*s handed to them at the compound.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/26/24 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by angus1956

Like David Korish in Waco, he went to Wal-Mart every Saturday. They could have grabbed him their, but instead the ATF/FBI got their a*s handed to them at the compound.

I use to hate the 6am raids. Very dangerous.
These days, I think they probably just surround and call them out.

Re: Sting at Rifle Gear - 03/26/24 12:06 AM

Walmart search warrants tend to not produce much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum