Texas Hunting Forum

Mike Tyson

Posted By: Gringo Bling

Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:02 PM

I read that Mike Tyson will be fighting Jake Paul on July 20 at AT&T Stadium. Tyson will be 58 at the time of the fight and Paul will be 27. Tyson was the greatest and craziest fighter I ever saw while growing up. I told my wife about it and she legitimately wants to go. Probably will be more of a spectacle than an actual fight, but I'll be looking for the date that tickets go on sale.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:04 PM

If he can get Paul with that famous uppercut he has a chance.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:07 PM

Mike Tyson Is into botany

[Linked Image]

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/92-rqs-tyson-marijuana-seeds
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
If he can get Paul with that famous uppercut he has a chance.

if he gets jake into the ropes, jake is done. Jake has struggled with good boxers with strong fundamentals. He has never faced World champion with unreal fundamentals.

Mike will struggle with endurance, But he could very well put Jake down quick

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:10 PM

I got a Fifty on Tyson. boxing
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:14 PM

I can't support the Jake Paul circus......
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
I read that Mike Tyson will be fighting Jake Paul on July 20 at AT&T Stadium. Tyson will be 58 at the time of the fight and Paul will be 27. Tyson was the greatest and craziest fighter I ever saw while growing up. I told my wife about it and she legitimately wants to go. Probably will be more of a spectacle than an actual fight, but I'll be looking for the date that tickets go on sale.

Post it up, interested.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

I'd take that action.

Iron Mike is 58. He was a washed up 39 year old when McBride pummeled him into retirement. Two decades later you expect him to stand up to a fairly competent fighter who's 30 years younger?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:30 PM

Jake should be sure and wear ear protection!

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Post it up, interested.

No date yet for when tickets go on sale. It will be streamed on Netflix.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/at-t-stadium-to-host-mike-tyson-vs-jake-paul-fight

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen

I'd take that action.

Iron Mike is 58. He was a washed up 39 year old when McBride pummeled him into retirement. Two decades later you expect him to stand up to a fairly competent fighter who's 30 years younger?

mike mcbride was a professional (w/46 professional fights) and olympic boxer that fought for 4 heavyweight titles

Jake Paul made out with Mickey Mouse
Posted By: Guy

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:44 PM

Tyson will probably just bite his ear off…
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:47 PM

Why is Jake Paul into fighting guys who are 30 years past their prime? What’s next, exhume Tommy Morrison and get in the ring with him?

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:54 PM

I'd take that action.

You got it if you want it.
Posted By: Mr. 806

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 08:57 PM

I hope Iron Mike beats the brakes off that clown. I am sure he will take the fall, along with a giant payday, but the boy can dream.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 09:07 PM

They are calling it an exhibition fight...not much different than a WWE match....
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 09:54 PM

I wouldn’t want to pith him off.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Why is Jake Paul into fighting guys who are 30 years past their prime? What’s next, exhume Tommy Morrison and get in the ring with him?

Circus boxing, it's just for show.
Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 10:00 PM

Nuff said-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6i9tkWOXhs&t=41s
Posted By: Greg

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
They are calling it an exhibition fight...not much different than a WWE match....

Bingo. Just like his others…it will be a joke. They won’t allow Tyson to hit him hard. I will save my money.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Greg

Bingo. Just like his others…it will be a joke. They won’t allow Tyson to hit him hard. I will save my money.

Like McGregor vs. Mayweather. If that had of been an MMA fight winner take all................over when McGregor wanted it to be over exactly how he would have wanted to end it.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 11:36 PM

Money

The olds will pull for Tyson and the new doosh bros will go for Jake
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 11:44 PM

I'd take that action.

Deal.. Loser sends a donation to the winners charity choice?
Posted By: JCB

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 11:54 PM

If its a real fight than Paul will win. At Tysons age he aint going to be able to dodge to many real punches. I bet its more of an exibition fight like the Tyson/Jones Jr fight. Its really just a money grab more than anything else.

The Zuckleberg/Tesla fight would have been more entertaining but that was all a publicity stunt.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 11:55 PM

I'd take that action.

His is norml, what's yours?

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/07/24 11:59 PM

I'd take that action.

We must be brothers, Deal!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 12:05 AM

Mike must be broke. eek2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 12:21 AM

😎
Posted By: Guy

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Greg

It will be on Netflix, have they said it will cost Netflix subscribers? They could use this to drive subscriber growth, which I’m sure it would.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

roflmao

I see what you did here and its FUNNY as he77. cheers
Posted By: Grit

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 01:37 AM

Sorry GB, didn't know you had already posted on this subject.

Looks like they killed my thread already anyway. Lol.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 02:12 PM

One of the things I've learned in life. If a man is good a something in his younger days, he's probably still pretty good at it when he get's older. I don't know anything about Jake Paul but I followed Mike from his early days. Before fame, fortune and Don King got to him, nobody could beat him. The man was a machine that could knock you out with either hand from any direction, he was a complete package. If this is to be a real fight and not just a show, I'd be surprised to see Paul make it past 3 rounds.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 03:30 PM

I hope ol Mike has one good one left him. I know he’s a whacko but can’t help but like him

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 03:37 PM

Wonder if this is a precedent

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/gEJCcAfe2r8?si=5jOo_d9_H5_J1OOg
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 04:35 PM

I wouldn't get into the ring with Tyson even if they let me bring a baseball bat.

I saw a video of him training last year. He still looked like Mike Tyson to me.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 05:14 PM

I remember a few years ago when Tyson fought in an exhibition with Roy Jones, Jr. He didn't look old, weak, or slow at all. If he takes this seriously the Youtuber is in trouble... and I'd like to see it.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by LarryCopper
I remember a few years ago when Tyson fought in an exhibition with Roy Jones, Jr. He didn't look old, weak, or slow at all. If he takes this seriously the Youtuber is in trouble... and I'd like to see it.

This. I have never seen such an imposing, strong, dominant fighter as the young Mike, except maybe George Foreman. Even when Foreman was fighting at the end and old, if he connected with one of those ham sized hands, it was over.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 06:06 PM

Bring it smirk

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 06:14 PM

I had not seen that, thanks for posting. Tyson might actually kill him! roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 06:18 PM

Never heard of this guy but just looking at his pic, I hope Tyson cleans his clock!
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 06:21 PM

Thith

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 07:45 PM

What will be the weight advantage in this fight? popcorn

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:04 PM

Mike Tyson said it best, "Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:12 PM

Mike Tyson said it best, "Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Nose.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:27 PM

Nothe
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:29 PM

If this is a true boxing match and not a glorified sparring session, Tyson should, by all accounts, mop the floor with him. If Tyson can connect, Jake Paul will be lucky not to end up in the hospital. He has some boxing skills but Tyson's power, even at his age, is on a totally different level then he has ever experienced in the ring.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:39 PM

LOL.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
I had not seen that, thanks for posting. Tyson might actually kill him! roflmao

This^^^

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:49 PM

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 08:57 PM

Nose.

Maybe, but that's not what Iron Mike says.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 09:37 PM

Nose.

Maybe, but that's not what Iron Mike says.

Well darn, you are correct. My apologies.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 10:00 PM

IMO Ali was the GOAT but Tyson….he is a dangerous fighter, probably still is.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/08/24 11:12 PM

I wonder who they decided will win this one.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 12:36 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Walkabout

No way I'd get in the ring with him. Even at his age I'd bet money he'd knock anyone on this forum clean the [censored] out if it was a real fight.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

No way I'd get in the ring with him. Even at his age I'd bet money he'd knock anyone on this forum clean the [censored] out if it was a real fight.

I've got hundreds of hours of defensive tactics training and I'd shoot Tyson at the mere hint he was going to hit me roflmao
Posted By: Stub

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 01:15 AM

The only way Jake Paul wins is if he does the; Ali vs. Foreman Rope a Dope.

Slug fest and Jake is out probably in the first, no later than the third round. If Jake can juke & jive for more than three + rounds, Tyson should start wearing out by then and it is just a matter of time boxing
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 01:19 AM

I've got hundreds of hours of defensive tactics training and I'd shoot Tyson at the mere hint he was going to hit me roflmao

No [censored]! Mag dump.... roflmao He's still a bad man.

I've worked with only a couple truly scary men in Oil & Gas. These dudes weren't just big, but strong as hell and quick.

I sold a Corvette 4 bolt main 350 block to a N Louisiana friend of mine "Big Tim". I loaded it with a Cherry Picker and was unloading the picker so to put the block in his garage. Real quiet man....said "Don't, I got it" Grabbed the 350 engine block out of the back of my truck, carried it into his garage, put it down without ever losing a breath, walked back over and said "So what kind of rings did you buy?". We were both Electricians and worked together for years offshore but this dude was stupid fast for his size. Saw him damn near kill a man one night but he didn't mean to. Some men are just [censored] beasts. Lots of men want to be, very few really are. Mike Tyson is a beast, still is.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 11:22 AM

Well i am rooting for Tyson. Growing up, we used to say that for a million dollars we’d get in the ring and take a beating from anybody. If the price is right, willing to fight any man. Except Mike Tyson. You will never be the same after Mike Tyson.

I know he is way past his prime. But if he can dig down deep and pull out just one or two solid minutes of the old Mike Tyson, then Jake Paul will not walk out of that ring without help. If he can even weather the storm that long.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 11:24 AM

I don't really care who wins except I rarely root for rapists.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 11:46 AM

Wellllllll there is another side to that story. Corruption, evidence withheld. He did not get a fair trial.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 11:59 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 01:58 PM

roflmao
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 01:59 PM

Give me a million to get in the ring with him and I'd do it. I would suggest nobody put any money on me since I'm going down the moment we touch gloves. I'll lay there in the fetal position until they hand me my check.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/09/24 02:28 PM

No [censored]! Mag dump.... roflmao He's still a bad man.

I've worked with only a couple truly scary men in Oil & Gas. These dudes weren't just big, but strong as hell and quick.

I sold a Corvette 4 bolt main 350 block to a N Louisiana friend of mine "Big Tim". I loaded it with a Cherry Picker and was unloading the picker so to put the block in his garage. Real quiet man....said "Don't, I got it" Grabbed the 350 engine block out of the back of my truck, carried it into his garage, put it down without ever losing a breath, walked back over and said "So what kind of rings did you buy?". We were both Electricians and worked together for years offshore but this dude was stupid fast for his size. Saw him damn near kill a man one night but he didn't mean to. Some men are just [censored] beasts. Lots of men want to be, very few really are. Mike Tyson is a beast, still is.

A brother I got hired with is thus way.

Myself and a friend of mine that had never met him were headed to his house. I told my friend in the truck "this guy we are going to see, he's the type you don't fight, you just shoot him."

5 minutes later, we pulled up to his house and he was standing outside shooting his bow. The friend in the truck just looked at me and said "yup, you just shoot that guy."
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/10/24 05:11 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 06:59 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 07:07 PM

I see a downward spiral from a YouTube channel offering pranks, controversies, and hip hop music to stepping in the ring with Iron Mike.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

Two things you can be accused of, be totally innocent and still have to carry a terrible stigma around for ever.

I don’t believe that Tyson was a rapist myself.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

Two things you can be accused of, be totally innocent and still have to carry a terrible stigma around for ever.

I don’t believe that Tyson was a rapist myself.

a rapist and a bridge builder?
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 11:00 PM

Honestly, I’d like to see Tyson whoop the fella
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 11:44 PM

I would love to see the YouTuber get knocked out
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/14/24 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I would love to see the YouTuber get knocked out

After he gets the crap beaten out of him!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/15/24 03:05 PM

July 20th
Think is the date
flag
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/15/24 06:52 PM

I will check the internet the next day to see the outcome.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Mike Tyson - 03/16/24 05:31 PM

If Jake Paul hasn't improved since the Nate Diaz fight.

He's a Deadman walking.

flag

Re: Mike Tyson - 04/03/24 11:23 PM

Re: Mike Tyson - 04/30/24 02:46 PM

I just read this:

Tyson vs. Paul: Mike Tyson's upcoming fight against YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul will be a sanctioned professional bout rather than an exhibition. Tyson is 57. Paul is 27.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-tyson...8n8RG7q9sHIjbGuqHLomMMyh4MntnKGi2TD2i0-H
Posted By: DustyArmadillo

Re: Mike Tyson - 05/01/24 02:45 AM

Rumor is that most of Jake Paul’s fights are fixed.

It’s just for show, like WWF pro wrestling.

Winner is pre-determined. Tyson will go down in the 5th
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Mike Tyson - 05/01/24 02:46 AM

Tyson has been on record saying he will retire him. I am not sure Jake will get the shake here.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum