Texas Hunting Forum

Dash cam anyone?

Posted By: Western

Dash cam anyone? - 01/26/23 08:33 PM

Wondering if any of you folks run a dash cam? Brand? thoughts? Been kicking the idea of a dual band (front and back) Super capasitor, no batteries.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/26/23 10:15 PM

Don't have one, but I'm considering getting one and dual channel is a must for me. You don't get the full story if something happens if you only have front -- that's the direction you're moving and would likely have few outcomes that wouldn't implicate you safe for someone pulling out in front of you or them running a red light/stop sign. I also want it to upload to the cloud in case someone breaks into or steals my truck. The folks that I know that have them have BlackVue brand and love them. I still need to do more research.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/26/23 10:33 PM

Garmin 67W.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/26/23 11:12 PM

Garmin Mini 2.
Recorded a severe crash last month. Lady in front of me ran a red light. Lady crossing traffic is going to get paid. Video and audio is superb.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 12:57 AM

Been thinking of getting them as well
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 01:01 AM

Following
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 02:02 AM

ninja
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 02:14 AM

Have one in work vehicle lol
Have one in wife’s truck
Daughter has one and got her accident saved

They are handy
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 03:48 AM

Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 02:22 PM

I have a VanTrue with front and back cameras. Good video quality. On my first test run after I installed it, I got a nice video of a Osprey V22 doing a vertical takeoff at the airport next to me. I like the Garmin's with voice commands as well.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 02:25 PM

Ring has a new one coming out. Can pre-order now. Their stuff is pretty user friendly and quality.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/27/23 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moose

Interesting video with multi-unit side-by-side comparison concluding with the video quality of the $70 unit equal to the more expensive cameras. But I like his ultimate conclusion at the end. Use a Go-Pro for highest definition & image quality. Yea its more expensive but it can also be used for other stuff. Just FWIW, my take-away....

Thanks for posting the YT link.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 04:27 AM

Pass
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 12:04 PM

So if you have a issue with road rage or an accident, will police use camera as evidence?
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
So if you have a issue with road rage or an accident, will police use camera as evidence?

They will use your camera as evidenced if it supports their case. They will delete your cameras data if it harms their case and will do the samething with their own data. An ex-employee of mine had that exact thing happen to him and it cost him 2 years in FL state prison before he was cleared.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2

They will use your camera as evidenced if it supports their case. They will delete your cameras data if it harms their case and will do the samething with their own data. An ex-employee of mine had that exact thing happen to him and it cost him 2 years in FL state prison before he was cleared.

Dang I bet that was a nightmare

I was asking about if you have a wreck or accident will the police or insurance company use your dashcam footage as evidence or to clear you?
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 02:17 PM

I was asking about if you have a wreck or accident will the police or insurance company use your dashcam footage as evidence or to clear you?

They have that option. I've seen it where the driver responsible for a wreck claim otherwise until confronted with what is shown on a dashcam the other driver has.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 02:54 PM

We have a Garmin. It would respond to voice commands if I let it. Ours is front view only.

Haven’t had a traffic need for it yet. We got it for the RV for our long trips, and we’ve used it for videos of beautiful scenery.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 02:55 PM

^ This is exactly what happened at the accident my camera picked up over the holidays. Lady in front of me said she had the green light...my camera indicated other wise. I sent a copy to the Po Po and both drivers. Both vehicles were brand new and both were totaled.
Posted By: Western

Re: Dash cam anyone? - 01/28/23 03:39 PM

Been reading a lot to catrch up on the tech, seen that video posted above before.

Pretty sure I don't want one made in China, a lot of complaints on their apps and I honestly don't trust them as much. Been looking at ones made in Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

Here is a link showing where many are made
https://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-manufacturers/

I'm strongly leaning for this one for at least the wife's truck. FineVu GX1000, which also has a 3 year warranty, the most warranty by far I have seen on this price range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum