Texas Hunting Forum

Social Media Poll

Posted By: ndhunter

Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:54 AM

Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:56 AM

I have a professional one for my career, one for friends, and one for families. I've had one since it first started, but I rarely post. Primarily I use it for work and to send pics to family members. My friends I usually just text or send memes on Instagram. I didn't even know there was an outage yesterday until I got home and saw the news.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:59 AM

I checked no but I think I actually do, haven’t been on it in forever and wouldn’t know how to if I wanted to. It was a great tool when I was single.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:59 AM

One of the best decisions we've ever made, never getting a Facebook account.

That, and never buying a Dodge...or "RAM". roflmao
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:00 AM

No
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:02 AM

I checked yes because I use FB Messenger to communicate with some friends and family, so I guess technically I do.
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:02 AM

Nope! I'm a millennial (33), and I still think social media brings out the worst side of mankind, contributes to misinformation on massive scale, tribalism, fear-mongering, etc.

Except for THF, of course...
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:04 AM

Nope
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:14 AM

I do but I voted no just to mess the pill up

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
I do but I voted no just to mess the pill up

Messing up a pill is a bad thing, and can be life altering. As in, "It's your turn to get up."
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:33 AM

I have a fake one I used for setting up absconders and a LE one for preservation requests, but didn't set up a real one until I retired and moved to my ranch. The real one was just to reconnect with old friends here and has worked out just fine for that. I spend about 5 minutes a day on it at most.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 03:34 AM

I have a personal one, professional one, and had a fake one while doing undercover work.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 03:44 AM

Was discussing FB tonight with my wife. We agreed its for women.

As a conservative Christian, my standards don't jibe with the FB organization in any way.

NOPE
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 03:44 AM

I have one, I mainly use it to keep in contact with friend from Vietnam and to keep a daily running about the grandkids. The latter has slowed down since they all now have cellphones and they keep me busy by sending pictures.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 10:42 AM

Rare "millenial" here who has never logged into any of them. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc....
Posted By: Stub

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 10:59 AM

I have been on FB for a long time, it is a great place to catch up with old friends and classmates. I have 421 friends and there is zero bitchin and no drama amongst our group.
If someone sends me a friend request I look at their post and if they are a libtard, whiner or weirdo I decline them.

Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:02 AM

Just got on for the first time 2 months ago. Only way to keep in touch with my grand daughter since her parents moved 1k miles away.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:07 AM

Had to open a personal one to be able to run now two 501 (c) (3) non-profit pages. I have no friends or info posted.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
I have been on FB for a long time, it is a great place to catch up with old friends and classmates. I have 421 friends and there is zero bitchin and no drama amongst our group.
If someone sends me a friend request I look at their post and if they are a libtard, whiner or weirdo I decline them.

^^This. It's really not hard to control your info or the drama and BS. Don't take it too serious. My dog has a FB too, just for the fun of it. He gets all the hot chick friends.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:41 AM

Social media is a good place to let the libs out themselves. I have friends that I've known for a long time and had no idea how bad off they were until I saw what they post on social media. These people and I never discussed political issues before, so some were a bit of a shock to me.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:42 AM

I have one. Had it for 10+ years. Never made a single post. I check it every few months or so. Only follow friends and a few work interest. I dont like the owner or what the company stands for.
it is for chic's, Old's and the simple minded.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Teal28

it is for chic's, Old's and the simple minded.

https://www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
roflmao
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 12:52 PM

Yes I have one. My daughter set it up so that we could play online Dominoes with each other. Now I keep up with friends from high school, work, distant family, a Crappie and Catfish site along with Lake O the Pines group. I block most other stuff.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:06 PM

Dropped mine years ago.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:10 PM

I have lots of friends in Philippines and Australia and keep up with them via messenger with FB

I also buy stuff on Market Place it's very good
Posted By: Stub

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz

Social media is a good place to let the libs out themselves. I have friends that I've known for a long time and had no idea how bad off they were until I saw what they post on social media. These people and I never discussed political issues before, so some were a bit of a shock to me.

When I first got on FB I naively accepted dang near anyone's request, it did not take long to figure out who might be a Lib/Dem.
If they were a really good friend from way back and they did go overboard I kind of ignored it.

Once President Trump announced his candidacy the chit started flying everywhere and as Grizz mentioned I was taken aback by who was a Dem/Lib.
It got ugly between a lot of us, I probably deleted 20 + friends and I am sure around 20 of them got rid of me.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:17 PM

I don’t FB, but the wife does. It’s pretty rare when anything shows up on it that’s worth looking at or even knowing about. The closest thing to FB for me is the THF, I suppose. And FB doesn’t have Hump Day.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:19 PM

Don't have a FB account anymore, but I do have an Instagram. I remember when FB required a college email account to log in, once they allowed anyone to get an account it went downhill.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 01:24 PM

Not one for use in my real, personal life. Many for work though, but they are not real identities. I chose no in the poll.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:13 PM

Look at it about once a week and don't comment

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 02:17 PM

Better response rate than I thought
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 03:01 PM

I don't have one but I use my daughters account for Market Place.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 03:15 PM

I have one. No friends or profile info on it as its just to surf marketplace.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 04:33 PM

I thought there would be a lot more members with FB accounts. Maybe the THF members with FB accounts are choosing not to vote.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/06/21 04:53 PM

The daughter of one of the men I served with posted a picture on our Unit Facebook page, asking questions about who and where it was taken. I and others were able to tell her who the men were and the picture location. For us it was a trip into the past, and she never knew here dad was so skinny.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The daughter of one of the men I served with posted a picture on our Unit Facebook page, asking questions about who and where it was taken. I and others were able to tell her who the men were and the picture location. For us it was a trip into the past, and she never knew here dad was so skinny.

I bet that meant a lot to her. Well done.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 07:23 PM

I'm surprised at the amount that don't.

But I'm also surprised at those who come on here everyday but somehow think FB is the devil.

It's not much different than the THF..

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I'm surprised at the amount that don't.

But I'm also surprised at those who come on here everyday but somehow think FB is the devil.

It's not much different than the THF..

Me too, I think there are more THF members that have them and not voting.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 07:37 PM

To me, FB is of little use. The forum, on the other hand, can help me with info on tractors, guns, log splitters, and a zillion other things. It has value.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 10:23 PM

Yep I do
Posted By: freerange

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/07/21 11:22 PM

THF definitely has value but Im not on FB so I dont know about it. From what i hear it can be brutal, but evidently you can pick and chose how you use it. I have definitely heard the market place thing is good and Ive had a "friend" use that for me.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/08/21 08:15 PM

Maybe the Marketplace makes it worth opening an account?
Posted By: cbump

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/08/21 09:18 PM

No
Posted By: John2

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/08/21 09:31 PM

Nope
Posted By: Grit

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/08/21 09:44 PM

No
Posted By: 9x19

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 02:53 AM

Not now, not ever.
soap
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 03:00 AM

No, I think the past should stay in the past. I don’t care what people do that I haven’t seen in years.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 603Country
To me, FB is of little use. The forum, on the other hand, can help me with info on tractors, guns, log splitters, and a zillion other things. It has value.

Not to mention the excellent legal, medical advice, and marriage counseling you can get here.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 04:22 AM

LOL

Expert advice for free
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad

Not to mention the excellent legal, medical advice, and marriage counseling you can get here.

Especially the marriage advice...

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
Originally Posted by jetdad

Especially the marriage advice...

You forgot financial advice from the super-smart guys timing the market. up
Posted By: whistler

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 01:30 PM

I have FB account use it stay in touch with old friends and family (well some family). If anyone on my friends post anything anti Christian or liberal crap they get deleted fast. Been in Facebook jail to many times because of them reporting me.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/09/21 01:43 PM

My wife created an account for me years ago. I never use it and don’t know the login information. Once a year she logs in to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. She thinks I’m rude for not thanking people, but I have zero use for FB.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/10/21 04:13 PM

VP of Global Affairs says 1/3 of earth’s population is on Facebook
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/10/21 04:27 PM

Just say no. Turn all that carp off and the news too.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/10/21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter

Seems we need common sense Facebook control.

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/27/21 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by ndhunter

Seems we need common sense Facebook control.

Seems we need common sense for sure. The only controls needed are provided with the electronics.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/27/21 01:20 PM

I do. Don't post a whole lot other than pictures of the kiddos. Mainly use it for keeping up with family and friends that aren't close by. I can't stand the drama mamas on there and they typically get the boot pretty quick.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/27/21 01:35 PM

Redundant. No.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Social Media Poll - 10/27/21 02:32 PM

I had an account when Facebook first came out but got tired of reading all the trivial personal crap that family and friends were posting. Cancelled my account a few months after opening it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum