Texas Hunting Forum

Dak landed the big one

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:12 AM

4 years, $160M, $126M guaranteed.

Dak and Jerruh desire each other.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/09/dak-prescott-contract-extension-cowboys-160-million

Charlie
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:15 AM

Love it. He'll tank just like nose ring did after his big payday.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:18 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA What a waste of money to get a team to 7-9. roflmao
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:20 AM

I'm ordering my personalized plates

[Linked Image]
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:26 AM

How old will Dak be when the Cowgirls win another Super Bowl?
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:28 AM

Good for him. I aint paying for him. Glad hes paying those taxes.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:30 AM

Ain't nobody worth that money another reason not to support it...
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:41 AM

SMDH................

F JJ.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Are you saying Jerry is not good at making money? Go sit in the corner please. roflmao
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by 5 Stand Dan

[Linked Image]

I say a 12 pack you never get it.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:10 AM

Hey this is the post where those that hate the NFL will soon be along to let everyone know
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
Maybe you are, jerah made a ton of money on the energy disaster. Jerah put his money against Texans and it paid big.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by NewGulf
Hey this is the post where those that hate the NFL will soon be along to let everyone know

NFL is dead on this forum. Even the haters are bored with it.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

No worries Tom Bradys still the King cheers
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Posted By: DannyB

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
4 years, $160M, $126M guaranteed.

Dak and Jerruh desire each other.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/09/dak-prescott-contract-extension-cowboys-160-million

Charlie

If I hadn't clicked the link I sure wouldn't have known who "Dak and Jerruh" were.

Well good for him. I bet Bernie and the squad will want a big chunk of that.

And I don't "hate" NFL, just never watch it since the kneeling, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. started.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:37 AM

Chump change for Dak.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:41 AM

Bless his heart.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Yep.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

No worries Tom Bradys still the King cheers

Yeah he is, have you seen this? Funny...

Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted by 5 Stand Dan

[Linked Image]

I say a 12 pack you never get it.

No bet, I think Dak is way overrated, but I don't need to spend $90/yr to express it.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Are you saying Jerry is not good at making money? Go sit in the corner please. roflmao

Isnt the goal of the NFL to win a super bowl?

If you think Jerry gets a super bowl with Dak you are dreaming...or mental.

Come join me in the corner, I have cookies.... roflmao
Posted By: cbump

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:22 AM

I love It when people act like they’ve never heard of a person, usually an extremely well known sports figure.
Yeah, I’m not buying It.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

No, never said cowboys get a SB with Dak. Well maybe when I'm in BS mode, if you have not figured out by now, I'm 80% serious and 20% BS. You gotta know which mode I'm in, I'm not gonna tell ya!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:53 AM

Wonder if any of the POS's from the cowgirls ever read the stuff printed about them on here?
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 03:30 AM

Good for anyone who ends up contractually making that kinda scratch. Matter of fact, I’m glad it’s Dak. He’s not out slapping women and wrecking his ride by himself. He can at least be a somewhat positive role model for children.

I . . . . STILL ain’t following any team anymore. On average, I get riled up 47% less in my life.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Good for anyone who ends up contractually making that kinda scratch. Matter of fact, I’m glad it’s Dak. He’s not out slapping women and wrecking his ride by himself. He can at least be a somewhat positive role model for children.

I . . . . STILL ain’t following any team anymore. On average, I get riled up 47% less in my life.

Good post.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 04:35 AM

Yea, IDGAF... Nobody really cares and I am not bashing you for the post but good for him. He does nothing for my situation lol.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

I betting old dead and buried somewhere confused2
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
Maybe you are, jerah made a ton of money on the energy disaster. Jerah put his money against Texans and it paid big.

I'm not in TX....I'm in a free state....... banana2
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 11:27 AM

I am just bothered by the increased income gap this creates
Posted By: decook

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 11:51 AM

Just for perspective, the Cowboys have a 1000% better chance at a superbowl run this century then the lowly Texans. So there is that

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by decook
Just for perspective, the Cowboys have a 1000% better chance at a superbowl run this century then the lowly Texans. So there is that

You actually do have a point, but WGAS ?
Posted By: decook

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55

Even better perspective. Very few at all banana

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55

Joking around. Right? confused2

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

I have no confidence right now in the Cowboys, they have lots of issues, but Dak is not one of them.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head

He's paying no state taxes other than any consumption taxes he might incur.

Jerrah's oil and gas managers made those bidness decisions. Booger doesn't do day to day management on his investments and businesses .
He has people for that stuff. Besides we all know he's busy looking for a camera and/or microphone to get in front of.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 01:37 PM

You're in New Hampshire? How odd.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Yea, IDGAF... Nobody really cares and I am not bashing you for the post but good for him. He does nothing for my situation lol.

People care more than the boycotters want to believe. Football is king and the proof is in his contract. $100M+ contract for a barely above average QB

This means the NFL is still making money and plenty of it.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:44 PM

And to think 2 years ago they could have had him for $23- $25 mil a year for five years, oops.
Speaking of great negotiating, lets not forget the huge contract they gave the ring nosed freak running back that had two years left on his current, or the undersized linebacker, then you have DLaw who would not let them do a physical on his problematic Shoulder injury before they gave him a huge contract also.

I don't know about y'all, but JJ/Stephen got rear ended in all of those contracts. Although Dak has been for the most part an upstanding citizen (except for flip flopping on kneeling), I think the Boys just over paid gain big time

hammer
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by titan2232
Originally Posted by 2Beez

People care more than the boycotters want to believe. Football is king and the proof is in his contract. $100M+ contract for a barely above average QB

This means the NFL is still making money and plenty of it.

Barely above average QB? I think the stats prove that wrong. I’m curious why people think the cowboys can’t win a super bowl with Daq? I mean teams have won Super Bowls with lots less talented QB’s than Daq before. There’s only one Tom Brady
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jcarring99
Barely above average QB? I think the stats prove that wrong. I’m curious why people think the cowboys can’t win a super bowl with Daq? I mean teams have won Super Bowls with lots less talented QB’s than Daq before. There’s only one Tom Brady

TB12 has blown up my usual refrain that "a QB doesn't make a team" with his arrival at TB. There' still 21 other players on the field, but he clearly provided some juju to the team, to make the whole team better. I still hate Tom Brady, but he made a incredible statement last year. That aside...

Until the Cowboys hire a real GM to manage "the team", they'll continue to do what they've done. Dak is talented, but he's no TB12, Brees, Mahomes, etc. Good example is the Texans... they've had Watson, but the rest of the team is a dumpster fire due to poor management.

Brees and Brady have rings, but never were at the top of the compensation scale, which to some degree, points to a successful team management philosophy. He'll join the Wentz, Goff list shortly.

Charlie

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 05:09 PM

Romo had good numbers too !
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
I love It when people act like they’ve never heard of a person, usually an extremely well known sports figure.
Yeah, I’m not buying It.

For real. They click on a link just to tell everyone they never heard of so and so. Just stupid. Google the name. Less effort than logging in and mentioning they don't know who it is.
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 11:54 PM

30 to 40 mill is going to be the floor in a decade for a qb. Add in a possible 17th game? Big time contracts for a while now.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/09/21 11:55 PM

The richest man in my subdivision is only an Ex-NFL place kicker.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
The richest man in my subdivision is only an Ex-NFL place kicker.

Bill I thought you were the richest guy in town confused2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 12:11 AM

Ridiculous
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 12:21 AM

Dak is not worth half that...8-8 for many many years to come. The old man could care less though...just keeps counting his billions.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 12:51 AM

I just have one question:

what happens if Dak takes the field in the teams first workout and his ankle blows to pieces, out for the season or career!!!

Are the Cowboys insured?

Does Dak get paid a settlement

Surely there is something in place for this??
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 03:08 AM

They have Dak but will not be able to afford a defense. I think Zeke and now Dak only care about one thing.
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 03:40 AM

Like Dak as a guy and as a QB, but don't think he's transformational or "great," i.e., Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, etc. He's decent and a little better than average as NFL QBs go.

That said, how does a team that accomplished nothing when he was making less than 2% of the cap accomplish more when the same dude is making 23% of the cap and there's FAR less to go around to pay other much needed talent on both sides of the ball?

I think it just leads to more years of Cowboys mediocrity at best. But Jerry doesn't care. Just check out his yacht.....oh, and his crappy track record for close to three decades.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/10/21 04:41 AM

Just a little info here. Just had a similar discussion with a bunch of NYGiant fans on one of their boards.

First off if the cap is 185 million (which is projected) he'll be 12% of the cap money . Don't you think The Cowboy front office is out there now restructuring contracts (working on it) with Tank Lawrence, Zeke, several of the OL, and Amari Cooper. They have 10 draft picks and seem to draft pretty well over the last 6-7 years (Don't bring up Taco Charlton). I think they get the D picked up pretty well they;ll have a good formula working for 2022.

Go Cows !
Posted By: glens

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/11/21 04:06 PM

If He plays like Zeke after the millions they paid Him,,, He'll tank. My bet is on that.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/11/21 04:56 PM

Jerry got an award for being the "best" owner in the NFL. He is not that, if he was the best owner he would have fired the most under performing GM in the NFL years ago but ego would not allow that.

He could have had 4 if not 5 superbowls in a row but ego fired Jimmy and since then head coaches have been Jerry puppets. Romo and Daks numbers look good because they are almost always playing from behind, so they have to pass a lot more, padding the numbers so to speak.

I do not watch the NFL anymore.

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/11/21 06:15 PM

Cowboys to the Super Bowl.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/11/21 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

rofl stir rofl
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Dak landed the big one - 03/12/21 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Jerry got an award for being the "best" owner in the NFL. He is not that, if he was the best owner he would have fired the most under performing GM in the NFL years ago but ego would not allow that.

He could have had 4 if not 5 superbowls in a row but ego fired Jimmy and since then head coaches have been Jerry puppets. Romo and Daks numbers look good because they are almost always playing from behind, so they have to pass a lot more, padding the numbers so to speak.

I do not watch the NFL anymore.

Kind of my thought too. As much as was made about how awesome Dak's numbers were last season prior to his injury, the TEAM was 1-3 and should have been 0-4 if not for that brain fart by Atlanta's special teams on the onside kick. Plus they were losing to the crappy Giants when his unfortunate injury occurred. So his gaudy passing numbers did nothing to equate to wins, which is the ultimate goal in any sport. So pay him more and the rest of the roster suffers and they're going to do better?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum