Texas Hunting Forum

Big 12 baseball

Posted By: S.A. hunter

Big 12 baseball - 02/17/18 02:14 AM

Season started up. Looking forward to some good baseball.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Big 12 baseball - 02/17/18 02:15 AM

Looking forward to catching some Baylor games
Posted By: presley

Re: Big 12 baseball - 02/18/18 03:40 AM

Wreck Um
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Big 12 baseball - 02/18/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: presley
Wreck Um
Posted By: cbump

Re: Big 12 baseball - 02/18/18 02:16 PM

It’s wreck em.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 02/18/18 10:57 PM

How about Guns Up?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 02:43 PM

TT 10-0 start

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 02:45 PM

Texas looks like tbey did last year, but with less pitching. No bats! Gonna be a long season.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 09:50 PM

TT 10-0 start

11-0. grin
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
TT 10-0 start

11-0. grin

Are they playing a double header today?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 11:14 PM

The basketball team finally broke out of their slump against a very hot Horney Toad team. Snapped a 4 game losing streak.

I didn't submit until the game was over. The Aggies had a 30 minute last 31 seconds.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 11:59 PM

Game 2. 3-2 good guys last I looked

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/03/18 11:59 PM

6th

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/04/18 12:00 AM

Sorry 5-2 top of the 9th

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/04/18 10:12 PM

13-0

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/04/18 11:52 PM

13-0

Wow!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/05/18 05:05 AM

And number 3 in the country.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/05/18 06:04 AM

Calm down.....
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/05/18 06:28 AM

#3 bro! clap
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/05/18 06:30 AM

cheers

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/09/18 02:37 PM

Texas vs Stanford, Thurs-sunday series. Should be some good ball being played.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/09/18 02:38 PM

Tech is playing Kentucky this weekend at No. 5 Kentucky, that should be a good series to watch.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/09/18 02:47 PM

First real test.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/09/18 03:54 PM

Kentucky is salty but very untested this year. Should be a really great series. Hope we at least get 2/3.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 02:09 AM

Kentucky got the first one

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 04:26 AM

We staked our stud to a 3 run lead and he promptly crapped the bed. Yeah, the weather sucked but it was disappointing.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 04:54 AM

That sucks...
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: S.A. hunter

Was in neighborhood bar thursday until a Longhorn fan started screaming at the game. Had the whole place staring like he was insane.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: txwildcat

Was in neighborhood bar thursday until a Longhorn fan started screaming at the game. Had the whole place staring like he was insane.

That was a good game. Last night Texas ran into a pitcher they couldn't figure out. They couldn't hit his change up.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 10:44 PM

TT having issues with Kentucky. What has happened to the pitching? L6-11
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/10/18 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: txwildcat

That was a good game. Last night Texas ran into a pitcher they couldn't figure out. They couldn't hit his change up.

Yes, this longhorn was PO"d too. I was with a Longhorn fan we left before one of us told him to STFU. was real obnoxious. bang
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/11/18 02:07 AM

Drove by TCU the other night and they had a game going.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/16/18 10:38 PM

Red Raiders need a good series against Baylor this weekend. Kinda rough road trip out east

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/17/18 04:21 AM

Texas needs to pick up the pieces after the [censored] whopping they got from Stanford last week.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/18/18 05:58 PM

We are at the Baylor game about to watch Baylor seeep Tech

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/18/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
We are at the Baylor game about to watch Baylor seeep Tech

up

One of these days I'll make it out to the ballpark.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/17/18 02:23 AM

What happen to big 12 baseball this year?

What happen to your team?

Texas is completely opposite of years past. No pitching, but some how they have the bats going. Their stud pitcher isn't very impressive this season. Roger Clemens youngest son Kody is killing the ball. Dont think they will make any noise come tournament time.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/17/18 02:26 AM

More important is Texas and Alabama playing each other in 2021 and 2022. Once in Austin and once in Tuscaloosa.
Wish it was in Jerry world or Houston.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/17/18 02:29 AM

Lol, yep saw that this morning!

Should we make the trip to bama?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/18/18 06:38 PM

Uhmmm, might need some help Tech......
Posted By: BDB

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 02:37 AM

"What happen to big 12 baseball this year?"

I pull for TCU and Miami but the big 12 is not relavent compared to other conferences. It gets old but SEC and ACC top to bottom is the envy of college baseball. Hell the pac 10 makes more noise than the big 12 nowadays.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 02:39 AM

Kody just hit a walk off to beat TCU.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 03:24 AM

Tech is handling OSU right now. If Texas wins tomorrow they win the big 12. I'll be there!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 07:58 PM

Kody stikes again. 2-0 Texas

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 10:40 PM

I'll take it!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 10:48 PM

How can you win your conference and be ranked so low compared to other teams in other conferences? Is the big 12 that bad?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 11:22 PM

They won the Big 12 Conference. Winning conference has nothing to do with rankings.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/19/18 11:25 PM

They won the Big 12 Conference. Winning conference has nothing to do with rankings.
but doesn’t winning your conference mean you are the best team in the conference? Shouldn’t that lead to a descent ranking unless your in an extremely weak conference?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 02:36 AM

Tech is ranked higher then Texas, but Texas has a better conference record. Thus the champs. Rankings don't matter all that much. Any team can catch fire in the tournament. I'll say this, Texas has some momentum going. Just don't think pitching is gonna be there come tournament time. Texas started out 9-9 and ended up 37-18. So they went 28-9 to finish

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 01:39 PM

Texas has been on fire recently. Tech just swept the team that was in first prior to this weekend. OSU is solid. TCU, OU, and Baylor are capable of beating anybody on any given day. Should be a fun Big XII tournament to watch next weekend.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 02:09 PM

Yep, Baylor is probably the hottest team in big 12.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 02:12 PM

How can you win your conference and be ranked so low compared to other teams in other conferences? Is the big 12 that bad?

Just look at softball....SEC has 10 teams ranked in top 20. The 5th best SEC girls softball is better than the best team in other conferences.

But college baseball has an asterisk on it....the best hs players never enter college unlike other sports. TCU to me is the best baseball PROGRAM in the big 12 but this year they took some hits that programs like them cannot afford to take unlike state schools.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 02:45 PM

I'm gonna have to disagree, about the best program in the big 12. TCU has been good of late, but program wise not even close.

Also don't private schools have slush funds that they award academic scholarships to baseball players? Essentially filling their team with scholarship players.

Texas lost 11 players to the draft last year. They had to scramble to fill their roster. I've got to give credit to coach for getting this much out of them.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/20/18 03:46 PM

HOOK-EM !!

banana
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/24/18 01:16 PM

What? no play by play from the UT game yesterday? juggle grin

A 2 and Q might knock them out of hosting.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/24/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho
What? no play by play from the UT game yesterday? juggle grin

A 2 and Q might knock them out of hosting.

I think they are a lock for hosting...

Didn't understand why coach started a pitcher that's not a starter. Poor guy walked a bunch of guys he couldn't find the strike zone. Coach said he wanted go after the big 12 tournament, but it doesn't look like he does. Will see what he does now.

Does TCU need to win the big 12 to get into the tournament?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/24/18 02:31 PM

I think they are a lock for hosting...

Didn't understand why coach started a pitcher that's not a starter. Poor guy walked a bunch of guys he couldn't find the strike zone. Coach said he wanted go after the big 12 tournament, but it doesn't look like he does. Will see what he does now.

Does TCU need to win the big 12 to get into the tournament?

Maybe it was a National Seed then they were on the bubble?

Well, that's the game or decisions the coaches play. If you know you are a lock to host or as a National Seed then you start some guys in the tournament to get them some experience with the thought that if they don't play well and you loose 2 in a row you get plenty of rest before the post season.

TCU 100% has to win the Big XII tourney to get in after getting sweep by UT.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/24/18 02:44 PM

Yep, in order to be a national seed they would of need to win big 12 tournament

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/25/18 03:10 AM

My goodness.....

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/29/18 01:16 PM

What an absolutely disgusting way to loose the Big XII tournament and not make the playoffs. Also, looks like Schloss is seriously considering MSU's head coaching position. About the worst baseball weekend I could ask for.

I see UT got the Regional host and has A&M in their bracket. I imagine that match up will be packed if both win their opening games. Looks like it feeds into the Ole Miss regional for the Supers. Good luck! Love post season college baseball.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/29/18 01:58 PM

What an absolutely disgusting way to loose the Big XII tournament and not make the playoffs. Also, looks like Schloss is seriously considering MSU's head coaching position. About the worst baseball weekend I could ask for.

I see UT got the Regional host and has A&M in their bracket. I imagine that match up will be packed if both win their opening games. Looks like it feeds into the Ole Miss regional for the Supers. Good luck! Love post season college baseball.

Yep, that had to hurt. I was pulling for TCU. Baylor has been on fire lately.

Not to high on Texas, they lack pitching. You cant go very far without it in the tournament, but beating A&M could make their season.
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 12:23 AM

I'm gonna have to disagree, about the best program in the big 12. TCU has been good of late, but program wise not even close.

Also don't private schools have slush funds that they award academic scholarships to baseball players? Essentially filling their team with scholarship players.

Texas lost 11 players to the draft last year. They had to scramble to fill their roster. I've got to give credit to coach for getting this much out of them.

The TCU baseball program doesn’t offer athletic scholarships, so that makes their recent runs more impressive

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 01:59 AM

Tech hosting again.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Mako My Day

The TCU baseball program doesn’t offer athletic scholarships, so that makes their recent runs more impressive

Dont think thats correct.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Mako My Day

Dont think thats correct.

I don't believe it is correct either. In fact, I heard it is the opposite, due to TCU qualifying those interested in baseball for merit scholarship money in various fields/schools/degrees, thus freeing up spots in their NCAA maximum of 11.7 scholarships per school. Those merit scholarships don't count against them and allow for them to technically have more baseball players under scholarship than other schools.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
I don't believe it is correct either. In fact, I heard it is the opposite, due to TCU qualifying those interested in baseball for merit scholarship money in various fields/schools/degrees, thus freeing up spots in their NCAA maximum of 11.7 scholarships per school. Those merit scholarships don't count against them and allow for them to technically have more baseball players under scholarship than other schools.

You are confusing Vanderbilt and TCU. Vanderbilt has a large enough endowment that they can offer the entire student body the same scholarships they offer the baseball players. That's how Vandy gets around their high cost of tuition and limited scholarships for baseball in order to get the athletes they want. TCU does not do this. They are held to the same 11.7 scholarships as UT, Tech, A&M, etc trying to get the same in state athletes with the higher cost of tuition added on. Schloss has always talked about how difficult this makes recruiting. Not only do you need to find the elite athlete you want that will by pass the draft to come to college, but also one who's family can afford the TCU tuition. That's what makes the 15 years he's been at TCU and what he has done with that handicap impressive. I've always thought the one and only reason for him to leave TCU would be the difficulty in recruiting caused by the admission standards and tuition cost. Looks like MSU might be getting a great hire because of this. I'm still holding out hope he stays.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 01:06 PM

Yep, college baseball is not a fair playing field. For some reason there's only 11.7 scholarships. Private schools have private endowments that allow academic scholarships to players, feeling their rosters with more scholarship players, and it's perfectly legal. Then you have States that have the lottery. This allows teams to technically have more scholarships then other schools. Because of state-run lotteries to get into school. A bunch of the schools happened to be in the Southeast for some reason, Florida, West Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and I might have missed one or two.

It makes you look at college baseball a little differently.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 01:08 PM

Private schools have private endowments that allow academic scholarships to players

Technically correct. Endowment has to be large enough for the school to offer the academic scholarship to all the student body not just the baseball players for it to be legal. Very few private universities can afford to do this. Vandy is one. TCU is not one.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/30/18 02:36 PM

Who knows who's doing it, and who's not. Private schools dont have to disclose that info. Heres a interesting look into college baseball, and how jacked up it is.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/31/18 12:06 AM

I can tell you for a fact about it as we went to TCU meeting about our son. $40+ grand a year and all your going to get from TCU if you are the stud of studs (pitcher) is about $25k tops. If your not a pitcher then your getting less. A whole lot less in some cases. Now if UT and A&M can get you $20 something...do the math. Its a Hell of a road to hoe when your TCU and Miami....when those schools are at the top of college baseball then screw the state schools they aint got chit on those private schools!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/31/18 04:32 PM

Sooooo. Your telling me that those schools don't do any more then 11.7? No creative financing? No money at all for scoring x amount of points on your act, or sat?

Does your boy play ball for TCU?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/31/18 05:52 PM

Sooooo. Your telling me that those schools don't do any more then 11.7? No creative financing? No money at all for scoring x amount of points on your act, or sat?

Not sure if directed at me, but that's exactly what I'm saying about private schools. In order to do "creative financing" for baseball players the same benefit has to be afforded to every student for it to be legal.

Here's another article that sums it up pretty well:
http://www.omaha.com/sports/with-scholar...58c8c37fd1.html

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/31/18 06:33 PM

Not sure if directed at me, but that's exactly what I'm saying about private schools. In order to do "creative financing" for baseball players the same benefit has to be afforded to every student for it to be legal.

Here's another article that sums it up pretty well:
http://www.omaha.com/sports/with-scholar...58c8c37fd1.html

I dont think we are disagreeing. Baseball is screwed up in so many ways. Whether it's private school and they're high tuition, but they get help with academic money. Some State schools wave out of state tuition which helps in recruiting. Some states have a lottery system which can also cover tuition so technically they get help for school even if they're not on a baseball scholarship. Why they only have 11.7 scholarships is baffling.

That video I posted which is technically not a video it's just audio explains even more detail about how baseball is screwed up. NCAA baseball is not a Level Playing Field.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:28 AM

Aggies vs. TU Saturday at 6 pm

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Remember this.....
Should be good but nothing compares to football

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:26 PM

Looks like the Big XII went 4-1 yesterday.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Remember this.....

I remember, I was there. My seats were unfortunately right next to the longhorn band.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:40 PM

Baylor was red hot too.....

OU's arms are gonna be sore today if i saw correctly....did they really put up 20? Looked like a football score.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:47 PM

Remember this.....

I remember, I was there. My seats were unfortunately right next to the longhorn band.

Lucky dog!

Please tell me you stayed for the eyes of Texas, or better yet Texas fight, "And its goodbye to a&m" had a whole new meaning that night.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:50 PM

Baylor was red hot too.....

OU's arms are gonna be sore today if i saw correctly....did they really put up 20? Looked like a football score.

Yep, 20-10 I believe.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 03:56 PM

Since we are sharing football clips....

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck

Speaking of irrelevant teams in Texas football..... when your best moment in your football programs history is beating a team in the end of October.

By the way I'll never forget Blake Gideon dropping that interception.

At least a&m has a championship sure it was in black and white but it's still a championship. I'm not talking about the two they added when joining the SEC.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 05:17 PM

Speaking of irrelevant teams in Texas football..... when your best moment in your football programs history is beating a team in the end of October.

At least a&m has a championship sure it was in black and white but it's still a championship. I'm not talking about the two they added when joining the SEC.

I was at Tech from 03-07 and lived in Lubbock until 2010. Those were good times. A&M was a middle of the road team in the Big 12 same as they are now in the SEC. At least we were competing back then. I can't argue that Tech's football program these days is definitely lacking. I sometimes wonder what would have been if Leach would have stayed.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 05:33 PM

I was at Tech from 03-07 and lived in Lubbock until 2010. Those were good times. A&M was a middle of the road team in the Big 12 same as they are now in the SEC. At least we were competing back then. I can't argue that Tech's football program these days is definitely lacking. I sometimes wonder what would have been if Leach would have stayed.

As I see it, Tech for the most part gets the most out of there teams. Texas on the other hand usually doesn't even get half of their potential. Bunch of prima donnas that don't want to put in work. I'm hoping the culture changes.

I've always liked Mike Leach. I know he's not the most refined and Polished but he's a damn good coach he knows how to maximize Talent. Sometimes I defend Tech football when Tech fan start banging on them. Tech just doesn't get top recruits. It's hard to compete in a situation like that. Trust me I seen Tech come to Austin too many times and walk away with the win. It's not because Tech has better players. It's because they strategize well and those players play with a chip on your shoulder wanting to prove that they can play. They're probably even pissed that they didn't get recruited from Texas.

Wes Walker comes to mind.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 11:12 PM

3 run jack for Kody. 3-0 Texas top 1st.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/02/18 11:58 PM

Aggies pick up 1. Going to the top of the forth Texas up 3-1.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/03/18 12:14 AM

Man my Seminoles are out after a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th. Oh well.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/03/18 12:55 AM

Man my Seminoles are out after a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th. Oh well.

I saw that highlight.

Texas up 8-1 top of the 6th.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/03/18 02:24 AM

Thats game. Texas wins 8-3

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/03/18 02:41 AM

Tech up 6-2 Top 6th
OU up 3-0 3rd
Baylor 11-5 Final
OSU down 2-1 Top 5th

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/03/18 03:33 AM

Tech 10-2 8th

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 02:56 AM

Tech wins Lubbock regionals with 11-6 victory over UL.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 03:13 AM

UT in a tight one right now. Up 3-2 bottom of the 7th.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 03:15 AM

Tcu coach is staying. Good news for the big 12.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 03:58 AM

Texas is gonna blow it!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 04:35 AM

Texas moves on!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 10:34 PM

Both Texas Tech and Texas are still in the hunt to host a Super Regional. Tech is pulling for Duke and Texas is pulling for Tennessee Tech?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/04/18 11:08 PM

Duke won the first against uga. Up in game two.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 01:22 AM

Duke pulls It off! Tech hosting the supers!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: cbump

cheers

We still have hope. Ole miss is losing.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 01:56 AM

Texas is hosting! Texas has a bunch of guys coming in that like to play Gorilla ball. This should be interesting. I think the coach might be second-guessing moving the fences in.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 02:03 AM

up

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 02:03 AM

Texas is hosting! Texas has a bunch of guys coming in that like to play Gorilla ball. This should be interesting. I think you might be second-guessing moving defenses in.
up

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/05/18 03:08 AM

Texas is hosting! Texas has a bunch of guys coming in that like to play Gorilla ball. This should be interesting. I think you might be second-guessing moving defenses in.
up

I swear speak to text doesn't do a very good job. Plus I probably should double check before I submit. I corrected it. First thing coach Pierce did when coming in to Texas was to move the fences closer in. Tennessee Tech has a bunch of Mashers. They lead college baseball in home runs. And they averaged 10 and 1/2 runs a game.

Got my tickets I'll be there.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 04:54 PM

Heading to the Texad game now, what time does the tech game start?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 04:59 PM

2pm!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 05:20 PM

Same here. Good luck up there. I think i'll be seeing some home runs today, and there is a good chance it won't be Texas hitting them. Texas will have their hands full.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 08:42 PM

Texas is in trouble

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 10:40 PM

Tech got the W and UT lost in a close one. Hopefully both can win tomorrow and UT can then win on Monday.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 10:43 PM

Tech won?

The score board said duke won. Good deal tech.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 10:58 PM

Guns up! One more win.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 10:59 PM

Those tech boys are patient, and damn good hitters. Texas pitchers are over matched. Dont see it getting any better. They had 11 hits today.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 11:11 PM

Bad call in techs favor in the 8th, but I’ll take it. Nail bitter for sure.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/09/18 11:12 PM

Wreck em. 6-4!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 02:00 AM

I didnt get to go, but the wife and kiddos did. At least they got to see a Texas victory. Tomorrow Texas will have to duct tape pitching together, but their still in the fight.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 04:41 AM

Vanderbilt, Mississippi st is in top of the 11th. Winner goes to Omaha. Hell of a series.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 05:42 AM

Vanderbilt, Mississippi st is in top of the 11th. Winner goes to Omaha. Hell of a series.

Much to be learned from these Dogs. Got blasted 20-10 in their tournament opener and later down to their last strike against Florida State. Started the SEC season at 2-7.

Now they're headed to the CWS.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 06:57 PM

Texas is Up 4 to 1 top 6th, but duct tape is coming undone. They are in trouble.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 07:09 PM

hook em texas

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 09:56 PM

I don't expect them to make much noise in Omaha, but these guys sure do play with a lot of grit. I'm amazed that they could do so much with so little. Pitching isn't special and aside from Kody the bats aren't either. But all they do is win.

Kody has to win the golden spikes for best college baseball player. I think he has 11 home runs in the last 15 games when it matters most. He's probably the best of the Clemens that have gone through Texas. Including the rocket.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 11:39 PM

Omaha bound!
Tech 6-2 over Duke.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 11:43 PM

Omaha bound!
Tech 6-2 over Duke.
Guns UP!
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/11/18 11:50 PM

So when does UT play again?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/12/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
So when does UT play again?

CWS is this coming weekend.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 06/12/18 12:17 AM

Wreck'em!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/08/19 02:53 PM

Baseball has been going on for a month now, how does your team look?

UT is winning, but they are super sloppy. Hell they lost to UTSA last week........the defense need to step up, and pitching needs to stop handing out free passes. The offensive production has gotten better, and is the only way the stay in games.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/08/19 02:54 PM

Tech looks like it will be strong again this season.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/08/19 03:34 PM

Watched the Aggies play 3 games last weekend, they looked pretty good

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/08/19 08:34 PM

UT is winning, but they are super sloppy. Hell they lost to UTSA last week........the defense need to step up, and pitching needs to stop handing out free passes. The offensive production has gotten better, and is the only way the stay in games.

Same with TTU. We have tons of offense when they show up. We don't have a quality Friday starter but we have two decent guys, and the first 5 or so bullpen guys are really good. Team ERA nearly a run better than last year. But walks and HBP, and errors! Middle infield in particular having a hard time.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/08/19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Same with TTU. We have tons of offense when they show up. We don't have a quality Friday starter but we have two decent guys, and the first 5 or so bullpen guys are really good. Team ERA nearly a run better than last year. But walks and HBP, and errors! Middle infield in particular having a hard time.

Texas starting SS who its bad as$ defensively, and started to come around offensively last year tore his Achilles tendent riding one of those stupid as$ electric scooters. His replacement is not very good defensively. To be honest I've seen all positions in the infield kick the ball around. I'm not sure what the fielding percentages is, but it has dropped significantly from last year.

My god they are 215th in FP with a .957!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/15/19 05:17 PM

TECH VS UT tonight!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/15/19 08:15 PM

TECH VS UT tonight!

Should be a good series, I suspect y'all will take 2 of 3.

I see the games are on LHN this weekend, 6:30, 2:30, and 1:00.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/16/19 12:10 AM

Walk the bases loaded!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/16/19 12:19 AM

Tim Tadlock is 7-2 in Austin, nice little fun fact for this weekend series.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/16/19 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Tim Tadlock is 7-3 in Austin, nice little fun fact for this weekend series.

Updated!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/16/19 11:01 PM

Update 8-3.....

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/18/19 02:12 AM

Update 8-4. Horns take the series 2-1.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/19/19 10:33 PM

Horns vs razorbacks tonight and tomorrow night on LHN.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/21/19 03:23 PM

They split the series 1-1.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/22/19 03:19 PM

Texas Vs TCU three game set starting tonight. Fox sports southwest.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/22/19 03:31 PM

Texas Vs TCU three game set starting tonight. Fox sports southwest.

I'll be there! up Looks like a great night for baseball. Interested to see how the Frogs do against better completion. Lodolo on the mound for TCU. Projected top draft pick. Should be a bunch of scouts at the game.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/22/19 03:48 PM

Texas batters have taken a beating this last month. They have gone through a gauntlet of late LSU, Stanford, Arkansas, Texas Tech, and now TCU........

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/22/19 11:40 PM

Awesome night for baseball!!!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 12:22 AM

It would be great if Texas could throw strikes.....it gonna bite them in tha [censored]!

Is that your seat?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 12:27 AM

WOW! eeks333 cheers what a catch....

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 02:26 AM

Well that was disappointing!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 03:54 AM

Is that your seat?

Yes sir! up

Good guys win!!! banana

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Actually it's a shame either of those starters had to take a loss as good as they pitched and as deep into the game. Great catch in center and ballzy call by coach to steal home and almost steal the game. I love college baseball!!!

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 03:59 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/tcu_baseball/status/1109250725559844864

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 04:26 AM

Texas has had trouble with the free passes. It was a good game for sure, Good win for you guys, big disappointment for Texas. We'll do it again tomorrow.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 04:34 AM

Lodol has been the only bright spot for us on the mound. Actually as good as he pitched tonight it was probably his worst performance of the season. Think this was his first single digit strikeout game of the season so far. Texas hit him well. Bats were better for you guys than they've been given credit for. Weakness looks like their pen just like ours. Kid that came in the 9th you could tell was rattled from word go even with a 2-0 lead.

I'll be there again tomorrow weather permitting.

Was that UT's ace on the bump tonight? Our next 2 guys are a drastic drop off from what you saw tonight.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by BarneyWho
Lodol has been the only bright spot for us on the mound. Actually as good as he pitched tonight it was probably his worst performance of the season. Think this was his first single digit strikeout game of the season so far. Texas hit him well. Bats were better for you guys than they've been given credit for. Weakness looks like their pen just like ours. Kid that came in the 9th you could tell was rattled from word go even with a 2-0 lead.

I'll be there again tomorrow weather permitting.

Was that UT's ace on the bump tonight? Our next 2 guys are a drastic drop off from what you saw tonight.

Texas is still trying to find out who they have as far as pitching. They have a bunch of young pitchers. I really couldn't tell you who their best pitchers are because they are so inconsistent. Yalls guy tonight may not have had his best outing, but he has some nasty stuff. He throws that big curve at the left handed batters and drops it right in there for strikes. He had Texas buckling there knees. He hit his spots, but that ump was not consistent at all. He should of hand a lot more strikes if you ask me.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 05:16 AM

Texas is still trying to find out who they have as far as pitching. They have a bunch of young pitchers. I really couldn't tell you who their best pitchers are because they are so inconsistent. Yalls guy tonight may not have had his best outing, but he has some nasty stuff. He throws that big curve at the left handed batters and drops it right in there for strikes. He had Texas buckling there knees. He hit his spots, but that ump was not consistent at all. He should of hand a lot more strikes if you ask me.

Kid tonight for UT was nails!!

Lodol has always had a dynamic fast ball with a nasty slider. The curve was just added this year or should I say learned to throw from a different hold point with more break with it being thrown consistantly for a strike. Scouts have always said his 1st two pitches are major league type stuff, but he needed a 3rd pitch to go with it as well as consistency. He seems to have found that this year. He's projected as the 1st pitcher taken in the draft if this holds the rest of the season. I thought he was being squeezed on the zone, but I do look thru purple glasses and sit at an angle that its though to tell if it's in the zone or not.

Kid tomorrow on the bump for TCU will remind you of Lodol as well. Tall, lefty with electric stuff, but he's young and hasn't learned how to manage a game. When he's on, he's almost unhittable. However if he gets in a jam he generally doesn't recover from it and have a short memory.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 01:43 PM

Texas has one senior pitcher and one junior pitcher on the roster. Everyone else is a freshman or sophomore, so pitching is all over the place. Texas pitchers for the most part are young, with some electric stuff, but like you said earlier. If they get into jams they have a hard time getting out of them. Like Cam Fields the kid that came in for the save. If he's off he's off. I would of pulled him as soon as he lost the guy with a 0-2 count. I told my wife i hope they have someone else ready to go, but coach stayed with him. Both of those pitchers yesterday were sophomores. Jr pitcher Henley will be the starting pitcher today. He probably should have been the ace of the staff, but hes been getting rocked. He has some great stuff, but it doesn't get the job done for whatever reason. Texas was relying on the bats to get them through the season, but they have fallen flat of late. The D has gotten better as of the last 5 games. The fielding percentage before that was horrible. They were 215 in the country in FP.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/23/19 03:50 PM

I was a little baffled myself why Fields was left in the game and no one was every warming up. I also think the extra infielder pulling CF was a mistake. Why not walk the bases loaded? Make it an easy out at home and possibly a double play on sharp hit ball. Then all you need is an out to keep it tied. UT coach lost the game in the bottom of the 9th in my opinion. He put his kids in a bad situation. Easy to play arm chair coach after the game though.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/25/19 12:16 AM

Well that was one hell of a disaster.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/25/19 12:23 AM

Just haven't gotten into it. May take a peek.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/25/19 05:12 PM

Well that was one hell of a disaster.

On Saturday or Sunday? grin That was a straight up butt kicking on Saturday. I hope they can get the other weekend starter lined out for TCU and figure out the bull pen. Baffles me when guys come in and can't find the strike zone. Got to watch all 3 games this weekend and great weather for baseball. Overall I thought Texas hit the ball better than advertised. They barreled the ball up well. I also think they are better at the fundamentals than TCU. They just played better. Could have just as easily been a sweep for UT other than their head coach. He lost the game for them in the 9th of the 1st game and in the 8th in the rubber match. At least he had enough sense this time to walk the bases loaded for the double play to get them out of the inning. The SS just didn't execute and threw one in the dirt the 1st baseman couldn't dig up giving TCU 2 more insurance runs. Will be interesting to see how the season shakes out. Long way to go still.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 03/25/19 05:22 PM

Tech pulled the brooms out again Michigan this weekend, not much of a shocker since those northern teams spend first part of the season traveling for every series they play.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 04/13/19 06:02 PM

Texas has been struggling of late, but we are here. [Linked Image]

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 02:49 PM

Jesus, Texas fell off a cliff. Hows your team doing? Hows the big 12 looking?

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 02:50 PM

Tech is still playing well, way better than they were at the beginning of Big 12ish play.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 03:36 PM

Yeah, moving Jung to shortstop seemed to be a big reason why we are playing so well. That freshman SS Baker was killing us. Hopefully we can finish strong and lock down that #8 national seed. Hosting a super regional is a big advantage.

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 03:47 PM

Glad someone out there is playing good ball.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 04:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Didn’t know Iowa st does not play baseball
And WOW never thought I would see Texas in last place in baseball
Sicem

Re: Big 12 baseball - 05/10/19 05:45 PM

Been a very frustrating year watching TCU. Finally have the offense we've always wished for only to see the pitching/fielding we never wanted!! bang bang Think their post season shot is over unless they win the Big XII tourney.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum