Texas Hunting Forum

Cost of bear skin rug.

Posted By: Mr. T.

Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/13/18 04:49 PM

My wife and I are planning a spring bear hunt to Canada and was wondering what the cost might be to have a couple of bear skin rugs made. Just for information's sake, lets say a 6 foot bear. And should I get them done there or bring them back to Texas.
Thank you for any information that you can share.
Posted By: Huftax

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/15/18 03:53 AM

We get 225.00 per Lin ft

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/15/18 03:29 PM

So, about $1,350 for a six foot bear. Thank you, that is very helpful.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/25/18 04:32 PM

I'm having my 6 1/2'done in CAN. I figured they do bears more often and was recommended by multiple outfitters. Additional costs factors are open or closed mouth, pads left on, foam padding, wall hangers, double felts, euro skull returned, admin/shipping etc. I hope to have mine back later this summer and estimate looks like it will be around $1500US. A taxi in Longview TX https://www.texasstuffittaxidermy.com/ quoted by BIL $175 foot which sounds low to me as my research found $225-250 a foot was more common. Texasstuffit does say they will pick up in Texarkana.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/26/18 01:00 AM

I'm having my 6 1/2'done in CAN. I figured they do bears more often and was recommended by multiple outfitters. Additional costs factors are open or closed mouth, pads left on, foam padding, wall hangers, double felts, euro skull returned, admin/shipping etc. I hope to have mine back later this summer and estimate looks like it will be around $1500US. A taxi in Longview TX https://www.texasstuffittaxidermy.com/ quoted by BIL $175 foot which sounds low to me as my research found $225-250 a foot was more common. Texasstuffit does say they will pick up in Texarkana.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/26/18 02:35 PM

Mine was almost 7’ long and cost about $1800 shipping and all from Canada. Can’t remember the breakdown in costs.

Re: Cost of bear skin rug. - 02/27/18 06:09 PM

Thanks everyone, for all of the information.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum