Texas Hunting Forum

Tannery

Posted By: Cjdelagarza

Tannery - 07/16/17 05:59 PM

So I dropped off my bobcat to get mounted in November along with another hide. I've spoke to taxidermist and he's said he hasn't received hide back from tannery. Does it usually take this long? Worried about my hide getting lost since it was a huge beautiful bobcat. What are yalls opinion on this? Should I be bothering my taxidermist?
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Tannery - 07/16/17 06:12 PM

Depends...when did he tell you it'd be ready?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Tannery - 07/16/17 06:32 PM

It appears that your cat was taken in about the same time you taxidermist was seeing a lot of deer coming in. You probably haven't made it to the front of the line yet. Depending on the work load of your taxidermist, I bet some are still waiting on their deer mounts.

But indeed, every time I call a taxidermist (I use several different ones) to check on a mount, they say they are waiting on the hide. It has gotten to where I don't even ask why it is taking so long anymore.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Tannery - 07/16/17 06:55 PM

You have to remember just because you dropped the hide off in November, that doesn't mean it went to the tannery the next day. The taxidermist I use drops hides off in batches, last time I dropped a hide off he had just dropped a load off at the tannery. Let me know it would be at least 1 month before he made another run to drop off hides. Then add waiting on the tannery etc.
Posted By: Cjdelagarza

Re: Tannery - 07/16/17 09:41 PM

I was told it would have been ready by June.
Posted By: Don M

Re: Tannery - 07/17/17 01:08 AM

I use the wildlife gallery for all of my tanning. Usually get them back within 3-5 months. This past season they got a lot more business than usual which has slowed them down by 2-3 months. So if your taxidermist used them your bobcat will be behind schedule a little.
Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Re: Tannery - 07/17/17 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Don M
I use the wildlife gallery for all of my tanning. Usually get them back within 3-5 months. This past season they got a lot more business than usual which has slowed them down by 2-3 months. So if your taxidermist used them your bobcat will be behind schedule a little.

I use the Gallery as well and am still waiting on hides that went in in January. Usually they are 3-5 months but its more like 7 or 8 this year
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Tannery - 07/20/17 01:39 PM

tannery's are notoriously slow, there just are not enough GOOD ones around.

try to be patient cuz then you got another 6 month wait on the taxi, assuming you are full body mounting this beautiful cat, It deserves a full body mount.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum