Texas Hunting Forum

Fox help.... warning graphic

Posted By: Riverjunky1993

Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/30/16 04:40 PM

I shot my first fox and I may have been over gunned for fox so I was just lookin to see what you guys thought about getting him mounted this is the pose I was thinkin about doing where it would hid the messed up side but any info yall guys have would be great thanks

Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/30/16 06:18 PM

Fox are easy to call. If you want a mount,call one up close tonight and shoot it with a 22.
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/30/16 08:02 PM

Yeah, I don't think you will be able to save that one.
Posted By: Rembrandt

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/30/16 09:53 PM

That one looks pretty shot up, hard to tell by the pic how bad it is. Can't say I've ever seen a fox lounging on a limb....seems better suited for a big cat mount. Fox pelt colors vary with the season they were taken, best to get them with thick winter coats and rich vivid color.

Had this one done stalking a pheasant in a habitat scene.

Posted By: HCHunter28

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/31/16 05:02 AM

Have the taxidermist put a big bird like a chukar in his mouth. That will hide the damage. Mine has a chukar and it looks really good.

I've had 2 women ask me how I shot it with a bird in his mouth. They were serious.
Posted By: HCHunter28

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/31/16 05:10 AM

I don't have a picture of mine because it's at my other place. Here are some examples I found on the internet.
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 12/31/16 09:42 PM

LOL ..... yeah, they're really thin skinned. First one I ever shot I hit with a 39 grain Sierra BlitzKing going over 3700. Turned it inside out and blew pieces of hide everywhere.

But some taxidermists can do some unexpected magic. Take it to someone and see what they have to say.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 01/04/17 04:16 AM

My cat looked like that. Taxidermist said as long as all the skin is there it's just a matter of figuring out what goes where and a little sewing. Mine looks great
Posted By: supersampson12

Re: Fox help.... warning graphic - 01/10/17 03:24 AM

Tan the hide
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum